Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
31 replies to this topic | 208 praises

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:06 PM

Philipkee
  • Philipkee
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I am currently on a trip to hawaii. So far seen the beach and did some swimming. Now waiting for the highlight of the trip which is to visit pearl harbour. Hope I can soak in the Dec 7 observance ceremony though I am made you understand that it will be very restrictive for visitors on that day because there will be a lot of VVIPs coming for the Dec 7 observance ceremony.

Currently staying in a backpacker hostel in waikiki.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20171204_105220.jpg
  • 20171204_174211.jpg
  • 20171205_130827.jpg
  • 20171205_132336.jpg

Aaronlkl, Blueray, Lala81, Tianmo, Adrianli, Enye, TameDriver and 5 other members praised this

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:09 PM

Aaronlkl
  • Premium member
    Aaronlkl
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Post more pictures bro. U took Scoot direct flight to Hawaii?

Pinobii praised this
"If in doubt, Flat out!"

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:19 PM

Philipkee
  • Philipkee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Post more pictures bro. U took Scoot direct flight to Hawaii?

No. Cos when I bought the tickets scoot was not confirmed flying then to hawaii. Cos my trip is date sensitive. If I cannot be in hawaii in time to go pearl harbour on Dec 7 no point in me going already.

I took Korean airlines and I juse realised my "mistake." Cos I wanted to go cheaply so delta airlines is out. Scoot not too sure if they are flying by early Dec so I did not take it. Advertisement said end of year only.

So Korean airlines is Singapore - incheon - honolulu. Unfortunately, I overlooked the return. It's honolulu - Tokyo with about 9 hrs transit timing- incheon with about 9 hrs transit - Singapore. When I realised this I thought never mind can take the city tours so I make full use of the layover. Then at the airport i realised i did not bring winter wear and it was predicted that it would be snowing in incheon and Tokyo now.....

Hawaii can be cold also but i have a sweater and it is sufficient for the weather.

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:16 PM

Aaronlkl
  • Premium member
    Aaronlkl
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Self drive holiday? How many days?

No. Cos when I bought the tickets scoot was not confirmed flying then to hawaii. Cos my trip is date sensitive. If I cannot be in hawaii in time to go pearl harbour on Dec 7 no point in me going already.

I took Korean airlines and I juse realised my "mistake." Cos I wanted to go cheaply so delta airlines is out. Scoot not too sure if they are flying by early Dec so I did not take it. Advertisement said end of year only.

So Korean airlines is Singapore - incheon - honolulu. Unfortunately, I overlooked the return. It's honolulu - Tokyo with about 9 hrs transit timing- incheon with about 9 hrs transit - Singapore. When I realised this I thought never mind can take the city tours so I make full use of the layover. Then at the airport i realised i did not bring winter wear and it was predicted that it would be snowing in incheon and Tokyo now.....

Hawaii can be cold also but i have a sweater and it is sufficient for the weather.

Staff69 praised this
"If in doubt, Flat out!"

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:10 PM

Philipkee
  • Philipkee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Self drive holiday? How many days?

Not self driving. Only did it once out of neccessity cos I was in yellowstone national park. Hahaha. I am staying about 6 days here in hawaii. I take the public transport and stay in backpacker hostel. Yeah tot of trying to hitch rides like the good old days when I was younger but not sure if it is still a good idea.

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:48 PM

Pocy
  • Premium member
    Pocy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No more Hawaii Five 0 ......... 😁
Noob79 and BanCoe praised this

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:53 PM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

wah single very song... so carefree

ownself earn ownself spend

😜😌
RH1667 praised this

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:06 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

enjoy your trip bro! do share more pics 👍
Toyota Sienta (2016 - )

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:44 AM

Philipkee
  • Philipkee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Pictures of pearl harbour. I admit I thought that i was very kiasu. I wanted to go to the Arizona memorial. I could not make any advance booking without a valid US telephone number. I did know that there were about 1000+ tickets available on about first come first served basis, starting at 0700. If you did not get the tickets you cannot go to the memorial because there is space constraint.

So I got up at 0450, took the bus at 0540 and reached Pearl Harbour at 0650. I wanna say OMG. The queue was so long. Some other passengers in the bus also commented so long the queue and say quickly go before it hits 1000. They started running. I about so start room run hahahah

Attached Thumbnails

• 20171206_083400.jpg
  • 20171206_072054.jpg
  • 20171206_080923.jpg
  • 20171206_081507.jpg

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:53 AM

Philipkee
  • Philipkee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

So yeah I made it to the memorial. The ferries were full so I was quite fortunate to make it in time to get the tickets. I heard that it was not as bad as compared to weekends but hey, why take the risk of coming late and missing out on the tickets?

The other warship in the picture is the battleship Missouri. Oh and the ranger corrected me when I called it USS Missouri because technically it is no longer a US warship so should not be called USS anymore.

The stench of fuel still lingers. I learned that fuel still leaks from the Arizona. And if you notice some pictures are of the sea, well, the memorial is built over the Arizona so some of the wreckage can still be seen through the waters.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20171206_092731.jpg
  • 20171206_095458.jpg
  • 20171206_094055.jpg
  • 20171206_093934.jpg
  • 20171206_094155.jpg
  • 20171206_094922.jpg

Dleodleo praised this

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:39 AM

Pocy
  • Premium member
    Pocy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Very worthwhile visit. Think should be not much changes to a memorial place .......... since my visit almost 30y ago.

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:50 AM

Francis-jack
  • Premium member
    Francis-jack
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Thx for sharing

AltisOwner, Noob79 and Staff69 praised this

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:07 AM

Philipkee
  • Philipkee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Pacific aviation museum. Pai sei for some reason all my pictures appear upside down here but right side up on my hp.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20171206_110634.jpg
  • 20171206_122021.jpg
  • 20171206_121625.jpg

Edited by Philipkee, 07 December 2017 - 09:11 AM.

kdash praised this

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:20 AM

mersaylee
  • mersaylee
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Many ships had gone under the water...but the pictures need not be upside down lah.

Do consider renting a topless to go around the island. At least the limited speed mopez for tourists...The wind in the hair and face is priceless.

If have time, island hop to see the different sides of hawaii.

North shore is where the best waves for surfers in oahu.

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:40 AM

BanCoe
  • BanCoe
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Nice place to visit .... reminds you of Singapore in the 60/70’s laid back- nice sprawling bunglows and no rush (not Waikiki- Honolulu)but the other islands are very nice and different colored sands in the beaches ; my one souvenir lying under the glass top of my table ( i think that was the entrace ticket to Pearl Harbour) .... Things in Hawaii are more expensive than like LA especially the fuel ; make sure you see the Banzai 🌊 waves or surfs

Another thing I remember was that the govt did not provide water for the houses ; People have to tap their own water from the rain water (of course the larger apt and hotel blocks have water)  and bigger parts of the city too; Anyway that was more than 10 years back 

Attached Thumbnails

• 4742D016-D557-4929-97EF-B560707D0D4D.jpeg
  • 0D783043-4F8C-4148-BBEB-6CB1CD4E9DEC.jpeg

Edited by BanCoe, 07 December 2017 - 09:44 AM.

Lala81, Angcheek and Pocy praised this

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:46 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Pacific aviation museum. Pai sei for some reason all my pictures appear upside down here but right side up on my hp.

It just means u have the habit of taking your photos in landscape mode with your home button on your left instead of your right which is the correct way.

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:09 AM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

It just means u have the habit of taking your photos in landscape mode with your home button on your left instead of your right which is the correct way.

maybe Philipkee is left-handed? 

Lala81 praised this
Toyota Sienta (2016 - )

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:16 AM

Philipkee
  • Philipkee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

maybe Philipkee is left-handed?

Actually I am but did not know it would affect the picture cos it turns out in my hp and Facebook correctly.
kdash praised this

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:18 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Actually I am but did not know it would affect the picture cos it turns out in my hp and Facebook correctly.

MCF software is antiquated one lah. pang chance ...

kdash and BanCoe praised this

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:02 AM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Juz get down jacket in Uniqlo in the airport loh.

If day time, get a scarf with sweater will be enough

Volvobrick praised this

Back to Travel & Road Trips  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: hawaii , honolulu , waikiki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users