Do you recycle or reuse?How often? What do u recycle/reuse?

Lmws214

Relax, man. Just don't break the rules again.

Relax, man. Just don't break the rules again.

Serious,. that rule is still enforce?  [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement

Serious, is it becoz you create alot of threads? Important is your title needs to be clear, so those who are not interested can steer cleared. Those thread that no one participate will die a natural death.

If you have a habit to create thread, consider having the female nick, with a chiobu avatar. [laugh][laugh]

nothing wrong with his avatar.... can be mistaken for tamedriver who is extremely popular here

Serious,. that rule is still enforce?  [bigcry]

Don't think people like @RadX and @Jman888 no more moderators, you can 為所欲為...

:XD:  :XD:  :XD: 

Let me get back to topic.

I always recycle plastic bags.

And i always remove any wires from old appliances to be thrown. Use the wire for my own made extension plug. I go buy two gang or three gang plugs from Kelantan Lane w/o wire. Then wire it up myself.

Also all my pens at home are from exhibition shows.

Rough paper is from those delivery note and invoice.

And lastly, i try to finish the food on my plate so that nothing goes wasted. Even my wife's plate at times. But nowadays i control my eating to reduce my weight.

I sometimes try to bring suitable food back to feed my dogs to cut food waste.

I removed wires and plugs too but I can only use so much so I stopped.

Old papers and clothes for oil changes.

Old oil gets recycled.

Plastic bags being used to throw rubbish.

• Praise 1

Let me get back to topic.

I always recycle plastic bags.

And i always remove any wires from old appliances to be thrown. Use the wire for my own made extension plug. I go buy two gang or three gang plugs from Kelantan Lane w/o wire. Then wire it up myself.

Also all my pens at home are from exhibition shows.

Rough paper is from those delivery note and invoice.

And lastly, i try to finish the food on my plate so that nothing goes wasted. Even my wife's plate at times. But nowadays i control my eating to reduce my weight.

I used to finish up food from leftovers but it comes at a price as I end up eating more than required. All in the attempt at not being wasteful, a noble attempt for sure but sometimes u just got to accept that there are leftovers which either has to be shared by all or keep n reheat for tmr’s meal.

• Praise 5

I collect my paper, glass, can and plastic waste. Drop it at neighbourhood recycling bins. Home printer I set for double sided printing

I take last bucket of rinse water from dishes or laundry, add floor cleaner to use for mop the floor.

Really worn clothes I use to clean engine bay then throw. Those in very good condition, my wife will send to Salvation Army Thrift Shop. For those still in good condition, I bundle and donate to charities in Batam for kids/teens to use. Or to disaster relief appeals for clothes.

My reading glasses, I donate to optical shops that collect on behalf of charity. It goes to communities who cannot afford to make thier own glasses.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

i have been cleaning my plate since i was small .... coz my mother told me if i had left overs on my plate, my wife complexion will be no good.

now then i know ..... my mother lied.

Turbocharged

I collect my paper, glass, can and plastic waste. Drop it at neighbourhood recycling bins. .

Have anyone truthfully and officially tell the public what happen to those contents in the recycling bins? Once upon a time, they have separated bins. Then now they share a single hole, which mean all items are mixed in a single big bin. Why?

Who sort them and how many percent of the items were recycled with the rest treated no difference from ordinary waste? Is there a wonderful machine that can sort out the waste effectively? Why can't they sort them? I personally feel disclosing the truth is important. People will understand the difficulties and work toward achieving better recycling rate. 

I only know commercial recycling vendors collect paper and only if you have large quantity of glass, aluminum and plastic. Most times, they don't want plastic waste and their reasons are valid.

• Praise 1

(edited)

NEA has implemented centralised sorting at the MRF many years ago

http://www.nea.gov.sg/energy-waste/3rs/recycling-processes

Sorting at source is very inefficient as ppl are not conciencious enough and the truck will need 3 seperate compartments that cant be mixed. For example, plastic bin full, paper half full, yet cant optimise paper bin

Edited by Yoongf

Supersonic

Have anyone truthfully and officially tell the public what happen to those contents in the recycling bins? Once upon a time, they have separated bins. Then now they share a single hole, which mean all items are mixed in a single big bin. Why?

Who sort them and how many percent of the items were recycled with the rest treated no difference from ordinary waste? Is there a wonderful machine that can sort out the waste effectively? Why can't they sort them? I personally feel disclosing the truth is important. People will understand the difficulties and work toward achieving better recycling rate. 

I only know commercial recycling vendors collect paper and only if you have large quantity of glass, aluminum and plastic. Most times, they don't want plastic waste and their reasons are valid.

20150211_veolia.jpg?itok=_TVvixMi

Precisely. My wife has been throwing all sorts paper, glass and plastic bottles into the bin. I highly doubt all these goes into recycling, especially the plastic bottles.

(edited)

Dumb question , where should I dispose off an old lead acid battery ? The battery has a recycle symbol but i suspect i cannot just simply throw it into the blue bin. Any experience hands to share your  advice ? Thanks. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

Dumb question , where should I dispose off an old lead acid battery ? The battery has a recycle symbol but i suspect i cannot just simply throw it into the blue bin. Any experience hands to share your  advice ? Thanks. 

New Century Recycling. 

• Praise 1

16 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Here https://www.nea.gov.sg/our-services/waste-management/3r-programmes-and-resources/e-waste-management/where-to-recycle-e-waste

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1