Insufficient cash card driver today I met

Lmws214

A more sensible thing to do is to apologise to the first few drivers and then take the cashcard and run to the top up point and back.

Doing so would cause less inconvenience to other drivers. Well, I guess the usual entitlement mentality kicks in.

That was what I did when I got caught in a similar situation many years back. My wife, then gf, was flapping and panicking. I just got off the car and borrowed a cash card from the car behind me and paid him cash. Apparantly its not an intuitive solution that comes to mind for some as my wife was quite surprised and said that approach didnt cross her mind.

An alternate solution are credit cards with CEPAS, if u use them for public transport. Most carpark exits can use them too.

kudos bro... maybe that situation sealed the deal for you and your wife  [thumbsup]

i would say why this is not an intuitive solution for many people (myself included) has to stem from our upbringing and how our society is in SG... 

I have seen cases like this.

And it is really a difficult situation to be in. Have to think fast before more and more cars gets delayed.

Either you borrow the card from someone else and pay cash later to the lender, shift the car until the IU is detected, or just simply rush off to do top up at the top up machine.

Throwing temper won't do anything.

Buying stuff with the missus this afternoon.

At pay time four cards rejected as 'Problem reading chip'.

Luckily 5th card accepted.

your 4 cards ORD liao! I kana once at Singapore expo.....reader couldnt read my card....still got cash i them. Went to look for their counter and the fella said my card expired liao. Got to buy a new one and transfer the remainder to the new one.....very troublesome!

*sorry.....thought you were talking about cashcard!

You just reminded me that i have to change my atm card......haiz.

Edited by Eviilusion

Sharing.

Today I met this driver, in front of my car, upon exit gantry at one of the shopping mall, that he held up so many people as he has insufficient cash card. He was so unreasonable as he wanted to reverse and i have to reverse and the cars behind me all have to reverse. He said that he has the right to do so , so that he can top up the card. Hence i make it a point to have a spare cash card so that in such a situation I can use it.

Such inconsiderate driver he was .

Actually the simplest way is for him to pay someone behind to use that persons cashcard.
  • Praise 1

I saw a similar situation once at the JB check point. The front car was stuck。 After some time, the next car driver open the door, alighted and went forward to "release" the front car with his own card! [thumbsup]

Other than faulty equipment, most such incidents are caused by insufficient balance or unrecorded entry. Some due to use of flashcard which cannot be read by older EP system.

Used to top up $50 once every few months but the balance runs out so fast these days, I top up $200 each time now. ERP alone costs me $5-10 per day. Wanted to sign up to VCashCard which offers auto top up but it does not work in car parks yet. Singapore has such advance ERP and EPS set up but our payment system remains so backward.

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 1

Other than faulty equipment, most such incidents are caused by insufficient balance or unrecorded entry. Some due to use of flashcard which cannot be read by older EP system.

Used to top up $50 once every few months but the balance runs out so fast these days, I top up $200 each time now. ERP alone costs me $5-10 per day. Wanted to sign up to VCashCard which offers auto top up but it does not work in car parks yet. Singapore has such advance ERP and EPS set up but our payment system remains so backward.

agree... lets see what garment will do since LHL announced during NDR...

I saw a similar situation once at the JB check point. The front car was stuck。 After some time, the next car driver open the door, alighted and went forward to "release" the front car with his own card! [thumbsup]

Just an experience many years back with Boleh Land Touch n Go card at JB ICQ.

Used my card to help pay for car infront only to find out it cannot be used immediately at the same point of sales. Got to get a new card to pay and become a culprit to holdup traffic. Don't know about this new card and system.

Happened quite afew time to be before.. actually most of them happen to be in CBD area. Parking fee is too expensive, even 2hours or so some might even up to $10-$20 :/

same for me, i try to avoid driving to CBD and parking at CBD, overly expensive. Taking bus or MRT preferred choice, sometimes may be faster as time is not needed to find carpark lots.

Happened quite afew time to be before.. actually most of them happen to be in CBD area. Parking fee is too expensive, even 2hours or so some might even up to $10-$20 :/

same for me, i try to avoid driving to CBD and parking at CBD, overly expensive. Taking bus or MRT preferred choice, sometimes may be faster as time is not needed to find carpark l

same for me, i try to avoid driving to CBD and parking at CBD, overly expensive. Taking bus or MRT preferred choice, sometimes may be faster as time is not needed to find carpark lots.

no choice lei. I do delivery / installation of internet router one. sometime die die need go CBD area. now i see i can siam CBD i siam liao. if not i park somewhere then hand carry take bus and mrt liao. but very lecek, singapore weather no give chance also. sometime burning like hell, sometime rain like hell.

↡ Advertisement