Insufficient cash card driver today I met

Lmws214

Talk so long, and still we are stuck with a 3rd world cash card technology. 

Can't complain la,

Australia 1st world country, but still using a ticket and pay at machine era..

↡ Advertisement

I happened to be the one that caused the snaking long queue once.

The gantry refused to open. I thought there was insufficient funds inside the card. Panicked and went to the top up machine near the gantry while waving sorry to the cars behind. Inserted in and.. no.. the gantry still refused to budge.  [sweatdrop]

Finally I intercom the guard and he enlightened me that I have to use the traditional cash card and not the nets flash pay. He proceed to open for me while I drove to the pickup/drop off area to pay him in cash.

Prior to this I have no idea that NETS flashpay cannot be used in every carparks. Now I make it a point to carry 1 traditional cash card as backup.

• Praise 1

Encountered a taxi broken down at car park entry (exit) causing vehicles to jam up the whole car park yesterday at Hillion Mall.  [rolleyes]

Alot of things to blame.

Our market small so everything the quantity demand is low that why bloody exp then our govt is those anything wanna tax and outsource de.

My experience doing up a HDB carpark with my ex-boss, nearly died trying to install a bloody EPS system. The EPS vendor, the m&e subcontractor, the bank and the HDB term contractor. End up the bloody system is so expensive and time consuming. Cos HDB does not want to be involved then out source to those term contractor (you know the few famous ones), then gt a few "approved vendor". These approved vendors make the thingy bloody expensive.

Technology adoption is hard cos of cost and also so many bureaucracy. Something easy we make it damn difficult

Three letters, ABS.

http://www.sgsme.sg/news/cashless-future-spore-needs-bolder-overarching-plan

This type I kenna once at this Building called Frontier in Ubi.... twice I kenna and the machine rejects  my EZ link card another one was flash card and lucky I keep one Nets card too ... which was finally accepted..... First time I kenna i called the security guard and he asked me to pay cash and said his carpark is "latest techonology: I was kind of dumbfounded for a while and just drove on as I was holding up 3 cars behind.... why cant they streamline all this different payment schemes/ platforms?? 

Now I just park on the road side using parking coupons ..... peace of mind 

I've encountered my fair share of problems with car park exits as well.

1. Car park gantries that don't deduct directly from IU, and still requires you to insert NETS cashcard;
  2. Car park gantries that don't accept/read EZ-LINK (CEPAS) cards; and
  3. Car park gantries that need you to move forwards and backwards until they can detect your IU.

Measures that I have adopted:

• Keep[ two cash cards in my car with at least $50 at all times
  • EZ-LINK card in my wallet with at least $30
  • Cash of $20 in car in case need to pay someone else to borrow cashcard

So far only encountered unforgiving rear drivers twice. Both non-luxury brand vehicles. Vans are usually the most forgiving in my personal experience so far.

Edited by BanCoe

Turbocharged

I have 2 recent cases where the antenna cannot read my IU. Since I came in via IU, cash card won't work because it cannot compute the charges. The annoying thing is, the intercom goes to an remote site and you need to wait for a long time to get a response. Then they ask you for the location before they lift the barrier. In my opinion, the intercom should link to the building security so that they can response faster. 

Supersonic

I have 2 recent cases where the antenna cannot read my IU. Since I came in via IU, cash card won't work because it cannot compute the charges. The annoying thing is, the intercom goes to an remote site and you need to wait for a long time to get a response. Then they ask you for the location before they lift the barrier. In my opinion, the intercom should link to the building security so that they can response faster.

building security is not the operator of the gantry leh... link to them they also cant do anything...
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

building security is not the operator of the gantry leh... link to them they also cant do anything...

Bro I know. This is usually for those buildings that contract out their car park to 3rd parties. However, if you own the car park and is charging people for the use, you should be responsible to ensure the users are not inconvenienced by your system problems.

Between the car park operator and security operator, they have to work out something to expedite the recovery whenever something failed. I am sure it is not a very difficult thing to sort out.  

Supersonic

Bro I know. This is usually for those buildings that contract out their car park to 3rd parties. However, if you own the car park and is charging people for the use, you should be responsible to ensure the users are not inconvenienced by your system problems.

Between the car park operator and security operator, they have to work out something to expedite the recovery whenever something failed. I am sure it is not a very difficult thing to sort out.

i understand bro but i doubt the security companies will want to take official responsibility for this additional scope of work. that being said i have seen some places where the security was very helpful to drivers who got stuck at the gantry. i guess its on an ad hoc basis depending the person.

This is not too bad, i can foresee one day the intercom will be linked to somewhere in India or whatever low cost country that the person who answer call does not even know our place.

Supersonic

Think for those intercom at carpark exit, it should link to a central call centre, maybe thats why they need to ask you the exact location. But most of the time those intercom no one answer de, esp during night timing and weekend.

Yesterday, i encounter these 2 incidents at Flyer CP.

1 guy with lack of entry information.  The guy moved 1 side to allow cars behind exit.

1 guy with insufficient balance.  I have to tell him to move 1 side to allow long q behind me to clear.

Supersonic

Yesterday, i encounter these 2 incidents at Flyer CP.

1 guy with lack of entry information.  The guy moved 1 side to allow cars behind exit.

1 guy with insufficient balance.  I have to tell him to move 1 side to allow long q behind me to clear.

At least there is space for them to move one side. Some carpark exit once a car is stuck at the gantry, no way the car can escape to allow cars behind to clear.

Just feel malu to hold up people at the back. There was once i parked at a weirdly expensive hdb car park near town. Parked two hours cost 14. I held up the queue to quickly dash to the top up machine 20 meters away. Heng the top up machine is functioning.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

At least there is space for them to move one side. Some carpark exit once a car is stuck at the gantry, no way the car can escape to allow cars behind to clear.

Wisma atria. That’s why there is always a guard manning the booth to open up gantry and allow payment by cash.

Turbocharged

i experience a situation 2 days ago. this fellow before me, either move too close to the car infront or what, his iu cannot read. he intercom but nobody answer. he try to reverse and i honk to tell him will him me liao. behind me is a row of cars. he shows me his middle finger! 

so hor, sometimes people get angry for nothing leh. i wanted to tell him. try to move aside and let me out. maybe the reader reset and can read his. bjt hor, if he already shows middle finger, maybe he will fight if i tell him that. 

↡ Advertisement