• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
19 replies to this topic | 22 praises

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:00 PM

Lmws214
  • Premium member
    Lmws214
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Which do you prefer?

I have seen many rental bike-sharing these days , but more easily spotted near MRTs.

Personally, I like oBike as they have many and need not any deposits.

Seen this somewhere in the news: Ofo raises US$700m in Series E; Mobike unveils new bikes; oBike says it has local advantage.

So far what have you tried and which do you prefer? Do share. Cheers and thanks

Cheers,
Lmws214

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:22 AM

UncleAtas
  • Premium member
    UncleAtas
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Be careful of these bike sharing. QR codes are easily manipulated. If scanned, it can lead your phone to Trojan horses or even losing your cash..

Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:53 AM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

so far havent used any before... maybe TS can list down the pros and cons of each company? 

Toyota Sienta (2016 - )

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:08 AM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Have been using ofo alot recently cuz no need deposit and free. Good for cycling around for meetings. But got to cycle slowly cuz I don't want to perspire too much.

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:09 AM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

actually on paper bike sharing is a good ideal.

for example 10000 cyclist can share 1000 bike

instead of having 1 cyclist 1 bike each = 10000 bike.

but on actual ground, it dun really work, 

its becoming 1 cyclist using many bike , reserve effect.

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:54 PM

AaronChengPengWoon
  • AaronChengPengWoon
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

https://www.facebook.com/oBikeSG/videos/1947260522172752

OFO OF COURSE !

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:04 PM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

actually on paper bike sharing is a good ideal.

for example 10000 cyclist can share 1000 bike

instead of having 1 cyclist 1 bike each = 10000 bike.

but on actual ground, it dun really work, 

its becoming 1 cyclist using many bike , reserve effect.

I think its because we have too many bikes. Lol. But I do see more people using bicycle as a mode of transport. Some of my neighbors who used to take feeder bus started cycling instead.

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:49 PM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I like the bike sharing idea but I don't like the current system. when they roll out something, it should be very planned and not create another set of problem.

littering of bikes is one of the biggest problem. next is the infrastructure didn't make provisions for bike and it is endangering pedestrians.
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:56 PM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I think its because we have too many bikes. Lol. But I do see more people using bicycle as a mode of transport. Some of my neighbors who used to take feeder bus started cycling instead.

u ride from A - B - C - D.

but if D happen to be a remote area, where ppl keep cycle and drop the bike there, but never cycle back.

after a while a lot of bike will struck there unuse causing problem.

the company must be hardworking in moving those bike which they see all dump together no activity for long time.

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:00 PM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

but if D happen to be a remote area, where ppl keep cycle and drop the bike there, but never cycle back.

the company must be hardworking in moving those bike which they see all dump together no activity for long time.

Usually the problem I face is I ride to some place, after my meeting, come down and no bikes available. Lol. Then end up walking back or take bus/train to my office.

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:02 PM

Neutrino
  • Neutrino
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Sharing bikes is a good idea but the saddles aren't changed.  I don't like that. [laugh]

There is no law without enforcement

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:36 PM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

recently, went to Chongqing.....this place so good.

hardly see any bicycle around. feel safe walking along the pavement and at the traffic light junction..

DACH praised this

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:39 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Such bike sharing scheme is good if user is considerate. But sad to say such bike scheme here create problems.

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:47 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

i do see the companies trucks moving batches of bikes around...
Toyota Sienta (2016 - )

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:55 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This bike sharing business is not so simple.

One of the major concepts behind it is to promote alipay (ofo) vs wechat pay (mobike).

https://www.bloomber...y-show-must-end

Mcf777 praised this

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:07 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Which do you prefer?

I have seen many rental bike-sharing these days , but more easily spotted near MRTs.

Personally, I like oBike as they have many and need not any deposits.

Seen this somewhere in the news: Ofo raises US$700m in Series E; Mobike unveils new bikes; oBike says it has local advantage.

So far what have you tried and which do you prefer? Do share. Cheers and thanks

I prefer whichever bike that wasn't previously thrown in the longkang

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:36 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I like bike sharing concept. But it will only work if the public is civil, have respect for others property and parked their park without obstructing the path.

Most of the damaged bikes are deliberate.  

Beregond praised this
"You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with." - Jim Rohn

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:55 AM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I like bike sharing concept. But it will only work if the public is civil, have respect for others property and parked their park without obstructing the path.

Most of the damaged bikes are deliberate.  

I seen that in Shanghai.  Ppl park at designated lot rather than anyhow park.

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:12 AM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Bike-sharing provider oBike suffers global data breach

SINGAPORE: Local bike-sharing service provider oBike had suffered a global security breach that lasted at least two weeks, resulting in user data being leaked online. 

According to a recent report by Bavarian news agency BR24, user data that could be accessed online include names, mobile phone numbers, email addresses, profile pictures and the routes they took when they rented the bicycles. It added that the data was not encrypted or protected.

It stated in the report that these data did not just affect users in Germany, but also users from others such as Singapore, Malaysia, Switzerland and Great Britain. 

An oBike spokesperson confirmed the incident saying it was "made aware of the issue and worked quickly to resolve it immediately", although she did not reveal when the breach took place, and when the company resolved the breach. 

https://www.channeln...-breach-9477588

So now people know when you cycle to Geylang

to eat beef kuay teow ....  [:p]

kdash praised this
focus

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:50 PM

Beregond
  • Beregond
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

24862318_2563829313757782_30454581306169

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: bike, sharing, rental, obike, ofo and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users