24 car-related fees to rise in Dec

Net1sg1969

Knowingly, but still harbor some hope there, remembering many moons ago, they reduce the vehicle transfer fee to $11 if I can recalled correctly, did not Google this! -_-

Yes.

During the old days, we need to pay additional transfer fee equivalent to 2% of the car's value.

This increase is still much lower than those days.

All using same standard excuse... "10 years never increase"

My annual income also 10 years neber increase leh...how ah...

Yes, few years ago it was pegged to the car's engine capacity or something like that.

At least a few hundreds.

Knowingly, but still harbor some hope there, remembering many moons ago, they reduce the vehicle transfer fee to $11 if I can recalled correctly, did not Google this! -_-

(edited)

Yes, few years ago it was pegged to the car's engine capacity or something like that.

At least a few hundreds.

https://www.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page.aspx?c=2&id=ns29okg4r0dgokzl9z8riwbtm3h56m222x5ad6w052zy7yb9h9

REMOVAL OF THE ADDITIONAL TRANSFER FEE
News Releases
17 Feb 2012

Vehicle Buyers/Sellers to Pay Only a Nominal Fee of $11 to Effect Vehicle Transfer from 18 February 2012

1. As announced by the Minister for Finance during Budget 2012, the Additional Transfer Fee for the transfer of vehicle registration will be removed with effect from 18 February 2012. In addition, the Transfer Fee for all vehicles will be revised to $11. These changes will apply to all transfers of vehicle registration effected on or after 18 February 2012.

2. With these changes, vehicle buyers and sellers will enjoy savings as they need only pay a nominal fee of $11 to effect a vehicle transfer. Additional Levy, if applicable, will still be payable1.

3. For transfers effected before 18 February 2012, the existing Transfer Fee2, Additional Transfer Fee and Additional Levy shall apply.

1 For transfer of vehicles registered with Category A and B COEs within the 4th to 6th month from the date of registration, Additional Levy on top of the transfer fee will be imposed. The Additional Levy is the positive difference between the Quota Premium of the relevant car quota category at the point of transfer and the quota premium paid for the registration of the car.

2 Transfer fees of $3 and $10 for motorcycles/scooters and other vehicles respectively. Additional Transfer Fee is computed at 2% of the value of the vehicle, subject to a minimum of $5 and $20 for motorcycles/scooters and other vehicles respectively.

lta-gallery.png

Last updated 01 December 2016

Edited by Net1sg1969

This is a clear sign of car lite lai liao

After all these, I'm not so sure what's their idea of 'car lite' liao. If 'car lite' means less individual owned car, then it seems we r heading tt direction. But if 'car lite' really means less cars in Singapore, I think we r heading the opposite direction with all the private rental companies, grab and uber coming in.

• Praise 1

hmm transfer fees doubled... means now they need 2 persons to process?  [smash]

car transfer fee, whether it is double/triple, it is stillpeanut compared to the old days of few hundreds to thousands dollars.

heng, they forgotten to mention about the car plate retention   [lipsrsealed]

car transfer fee, whether it is double/triple, it is stillpeanut compared to the old days of few hundreds to thousands dollars.

heng, they forgotten to mention about the car plate retention [lipsrsealed]

maybe akan datang, just havent announce yet only......
  • Praise 1

After all these, I'm not so sure what's their idea of 'car lite' liao. If 'car lite' means less individual owned car, then it seems we r heading tt direction. But if 'car lite' really means less cars in Singapore, I think we r heading the opposite direction with all the private rental companies, grab and uber coming in.

I had said before.

Currently, there are about 610k private car (incl. rental car).

My guess is that it will reduce to 550k over time.

Expect negative growth rate.

Twincharged

my only WISH is that whatever the 24 sins are going to be , it will not affect current vehicles as long as the status do not change..

my only WISH is that whatever the 24 sins are going to be , it will not affect current vehicles as long as the status do not change..

Don't worry, even if this set of 24 don't, they will find another 24 for you:)

Signed with love from LTA

Edited by Kurumanbo

Twincharged

Don't worry, even if this set of 24 don't, they will find another 24 for you:)

Signed with love from LTA

we will get over the next 24 when it comes ... now just focus on the first 24 sins !! [bounce1]

Supercharged

yes, that's the only time i remember that cut anything.

it was really shocking!

Edited by Eyke