24 car-related fees to rise in Dec

Net1sg1969

REMOVAL OF THE ADDITIONAL TRANSFER FEE
News Releases
17 Feb 2012

Vehicle Buyers/Sellers to Pay Only a Nominal Fee of $11 to Effect Vehicle Transfer from 18 February 2012

Remove $11 before GE ........ after the win , up to $1100.   Productivity up 1000%  [thumbsup]  

Thank you 69%   [crazy]   I offer you all a moto : Always fell for the Same old trick  :D  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=18147

To support social spending ?

Vehicle registration fees and transfer fees are just two of 24 car-related fees that will be raised, with effect from 20th December.

06 Dec 2017 | Local News : Singapore

18147_p1_s_1.jpg

Vehicle buyers will have to pay more for a wide range of vehicle-related services from 20th December. The Land Transport Authority (LTA) is raising the rates for a slew of fees from vehicle registration to vehicle transfer. In a letter sent out to motor traders last Friday, the authority said the change was because of 'rising costs of providing these services'. These services, it said, included things like the setting up and maintenance of IT systems, as well as manpower cost.

18147_p1_s_2.jpg
spacer.gif
Some say the hike in car-related fees are small when compared to others such as the Vehicular Emissions Scheme (banding rebates and surcharges shown above)
The biggest hikes include those made to registration fees, which will go from $140 today to $220, a 57 percent hike; and transfer fees (which is levied when a vehicle's ownership changes), which will more than double from $11 to $25. The cost to lay up a vehicle (to stop the vehicle from incurring tax and insurance costs for an extended period when it is not used) will more than triple from $5.35 to $17.12.

In response to queries from The Straits Times, an LTA spokesman said the changes arose from 'a review of fees that are collected for administering vehicle services'. "From 20th December, 24 out of 61 existing fees will be adjusted upwards, as these fees have largely remained unchanged for more than 10 years," she said.

Motor traders were surprised by the move. Mr. Nicholas Wong, General Manager of Honda agent Kah Motor, said, "These fees are small when compared with things like Certificate of Entitlement and the Additional Registration Fee, so I don't understand why they have to be raised. "I guess this is part of the tax increases was pre-empted recently."

Mr. Neo Nam Heng, Chairman of diversified motor group Prime, said he would refrain from commenting on tax revenue issues, but pointed out that 'cost will be passed on to consumers'. Motorist Gay Eng Joo, 46, said, "Cars are big-ticket items here, so I don't think these changes will make much of a difference to consumers." Mr. Gay, an engineer, said other schemes such as the new Vehicular Emissions Scheme (VES), which starts next month will have a 'bigger bite'.

The VES metes out tax rebates or surcharges according to a car's emission levels. The majority of cars available today will either lose their rebates or face surcharges from next month.

Nickel and dime you till you die of a thousand paper cuts

Remove $11 before GE ........ after the win , up to $1100.   Productivity up 1000%  [thumbsup]  

Thank you 69%   [crazy]   I offer you all a moto : Always fell for the Same old trick  :D  

So all these increased will affect their next GE or not?!  [rolleyes]

i'm sure LTA has many inventory that they buy in excess growing mold in their store, eg computers, boards, tables chairs etc, all these anyhow buy at taxpayers money, then never use, now want to think of getting $$$ from us by raising this n that fees!

bloody waste, lazy auditors also not doing their job probing properly, instead just put up wayang show together with their counterparts!

easily those lao jiao SADs, SDDs know what is happening and lead these auditors by the nose away from digging deeper!

meanwhile those Ds or DDs will just promote as they have these SADs, SDDs lao jiao to step on!

Shame on u LTA n the Cow!

• Praise 1

i'm sure LTA has many inventory that they buy in excess growing mold in their store, eg computers, boards, tables chairs etc, all these anyhow buy at taxpayers money, then never use, now want to think of getting $$$ from us by raising this n that fees!

bloody waste, lazy auditors also not doing their job probing properly, instead just put up wayang show together with their counterparts!

easily those lao jiao SADs, SDDs know what is happening and lead these auditors by the nose away from digging deeper!

meanwhile those Ds or DDs will just promote as they have these SADs, SDDs lao jiao to step on!

Shame on u LTA n the Cow!

Just vote them out in next GE.

• Praise 1

‘... These services, it said, included things like the setting up and maintenance of IT systems, as well as manpower cost...’

Thought IT Systems supposed to reduce manpower costs? So means now need more manpower?

Why computerise in the first place?

• Praise 1

Want to charge fees please go and fine those ebikes gao gao

Who pay for all the catch ebike effort?

Should charge alll the catch ebike cost to all the ebike caught for the month

Don’t call we all driver to subsidize

• Praise 3

‘... These services, it said, included things like the setting up and maintenance of IT systems, as well as manpower cost...’

Thought IT Systems supposed to reduce manpower costs? So means now need more manpower?

Why computerise in the first place?

Create more jobs. Else why need more population? Reduce manpower = reduce working population = reduce taxation on income and consumption...

Vehicles population are STAGNANT at zero % growth.

Means no need increase in staff count, or even increase computers system to maintain the same database information.

Transfer ownership is just a few key-stroke int he computer.

Same goes for Lay-up, just key in the data.

Don't even need on-site inspection or survey! Why the huge increase in fees??

Come on... what has changed?

IT has become quite complicated.

Security and Support has been going up.

And licence for the software as well as maintenance.

Want to make a guess who are the IT guys supporting the system and how much is paid to the 3rd party vendor ?

Turbocharged

IT has become quite complicated.

Security and Support has been going up.

And licence for the software as well as maintenance.

Want to make a guess who are the IT guys supporting the system and how much is paid to the 3rd party vendor ?

IT is supposed to make life simpler, work more efficiently and cheaper as manpower is getting more expensive.

Seems like LTA had forgotten went they need to implement IT in the first place?

• Praise 1

Pay And Pay  [flowerface]  [flowerface]

Ya! And because of that, I becoming Poorer And Poorer.....Wait I got no more money left, I will Pass Away Peacefully....No money for funeral.

Ya! And because of that, I becoming Poorer And Poorer.....Wait I got no more money left, I will Pass Away Peacefully....No money for funeral.

With all the brains deployed to figure out ways to extract more money from you instead of solving MRT problems or other traffic woes, it may not be long before they devise a way to take your money with a similar scheme like pay for T5 before you use it. Maybe future COEs will come bundled with a 10k pre-paid ERP charge with an excuse like money needed to build new roads or launch ERP satellites? So even if you die, they would have collected money from you, death is no escape. 

post-158018-0-55649400-1512743374_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2