Vios returns to BM in 2018

Defcon

Buy later there is a risk that COE will up. However there is also a possibilty it will down. I do agree let them clear the first few batches then buy. 

Should buy later...

Normally first batch has more problems. 

Later batch will be more stable as earlier problems were fixed.

↡ Advertisement

From sgCarMart, keyless start seems to be a feature on both models. It is actually slightly taller than an Altis, possibly more headroom but slightly narrower cabin by about 4cm. Boot space is definitely smaller than an Altis as its shorter. The 7 airbags are a welcome feature for this class though. Definitely will win over some city buyers with the better specs here.

www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=18215

The Toyota Vios returns with a new cutting-edge exterior design, modern interior features and a Euro 6 compliant 1.5-litre engine.

18 Dec 2017 | Local News : Singapore

Borneo Motors (Singapore) has launched the new Toyota Vios, equipped with state-of-the-art features and best-in-class safety and technology.

The exterior of the new Vios has been redesigned to give it sharper looks and more dynamic angles Cutting-edge design defines the exterior of the new Vios, with its dynamic angles and sharp headlamps with integrated clearance lamps. The front of the new Vios has been updated with a horizontal grille for a wider yet more aerodynamic appearance. LED daytime running lamps have also been integrated into the shape of the grille for a sleek appearance.

On the inside, the central console of the new Vios has been redesigned to create a greater sense of integration. By removing the intervening gap and enlarging the center cluster, the centre ornaments now extend seamlessly to integrate the upper portion of the instrument panel to the front console.

At 1,730mm, the new Vios is the widest in class, featuring a spacious and comfortable cabin, where all occupants can sit in complete comfort thanks to newly designed rear seats and increased shoulder space.

An improved rear seat shape with enhanced coil springs and shock absorbers mean a smooth ride, while the Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) provides smooth acceleration, resulting in less fatigue and greater comfort for occupants. The Vios also provides excellent cabin quietness, due to the silencers and seals fitted throughout the car that enhance the sound absorption and sound insulation performance.

The newly designed rear seats provide increased shoulder space in the spacious and comfortable cabin The new Vios comes equipped with seven SRS airbags. It also features a range of brake control systems to help prevent emergencies before they occur, such as the Anti-lock Brake System with Electronic Brake-force Distribution, Brake Assist, Traction Control, Vehicle Stability Control and Hill-start Assist Control.

The Vios also features an all new smart entry and start system for added convenience, where drivers can start the car or unlock the vehicle doors by simply having the key in their possession. In addition to the smart entry and start system functions, the electric key is equipped with a wireless control function that can be used in the same way as the wireless transmitter of the current model.

Driving performance of the new Vios has been optimised to suit the conditions of Singapore roads and fuel efficiency has been maximised with a proven 1.5-litre Dual VVT-I engine, CVT and Low Rolling-resistance Coefficient (RRC) tires. Both the E-grade and G-grade Vios are also Euro 6 compliant.

"Customers today are increasingly savvy and no longer expect their car to meet just their practical needs. They want a car that can grow with them and keep up with their lifestyle needs," said Samuel Yong, Marketing Director, Borneo Motors (Singapore). "With the Vios, we are targeting discerning consumers in the subcompact category by bringing them a vehicle which is best in class. With its enhanced design, comfort, and class-leading safety, we are confident that the new Vios will exceed expectations and be the perfect companion for their evolving lifestyle."

Edited by Invigorated

Some photos I took as I was near Ubi n saw the car at the showroom car park lot. What I like was the flat floor in the rear. Not since the Civic FD has there been a real flat floor rear though some like Altis is almost flat. Looks good n not cheapo.

The interior looks quite cramp as compared to the latest gen Axio. 

Credit: My pic.

post-198592-0-99436300-1513870484_thumb.jpg

The interior looks quite cramp as compared to the latest gen Axio.

Credit: My pic.

Imho,just go and see the rear legroom for prospective buyers.

Judgement by picture may be wrong

Like legroom at back may be extremely big but front seats pulled to the most front to the extent that only babies can seat in front due to no legroom and vice versa.

* Don't put your baby in front unless you can disable front airbag like k3

Imho,just go and see the rear legroom for prospective buyers.

Judgement by picture may be wrong

Like legroom at back may be extremely big but front seats pulled to the most front to the extent that only babies can seat in front due to no legroom and vice versa.

* Don't put your baby in front unless you can disable front airbag like k3

I'll go see the rear legroom if I have the time. 

• Praise 1

Let me review the vios.

Warning: no pictures!

I was down at BM last Saturday to look at the vios.

First impressions:

A little playful ,childish on the outside.

Does not seem so prim and proper.

Nice rear though.

Will mostly prefer the design of the previous vios.

Interior:

Front

Hard plastics.

Attempts on sculpting dashboard, but still doesn't hide the texture of the dashboard.

Airbag cover concealed (improvement)

Fabric is somewhat nasty and interior could have been better with over leather wrap

Steering wheel of the Corolla.

gPs no good (only Singapore and Malaysia)

Touchscreen not to fancy.

Armrest small.

Very big minus point:

Loose handbrake

SE claimed it's the spring,wth...

Rear

Rear armrest tilts(why?)

Rear seat comfortable

Seat not foldable (E grade)

Very big minus point

My head hits the top of roof

I can't exactly sit like that...

[shakehead]

Test drive.

Engine rattles and vibrates slightly.

Improvement in insulation

Overall verdict to me:

Nova!

Average car with dubious built quality and budget car feel.Problem lies with me not being able to sit properly...so no go, especially with the g grade where you can get Kia Forte SX which is definitely a better deal to me...

And don't talk about reliability...when the handbrake cannot be kept in place like the second generation proton saga, it goes without saying you shouldn't expect too much for its quality.

Recommended?:Not quite

Cars to consider?

Below 80k

Hyundai Accent

Mitsubishi twins

Below 90k

Kia Forte k3 SX

Hyundai Elantra

Maybe mazda2

Toyota Corolla Axio

Edited by Brass

Loose handbrake can be tighten easily lah.

No,it's the responsibility of the manafacturer to do it properly.

Our old Toyota doesn't have loose handbrake after 8years.

Moreover that was a test car with less than 5000 km mileage, and this thing could quite happen...

No,it's the responsibility of the manafacturer to do it properly.

Our old Toyota doesn't have loose handbrake after 8years.

Moreover that was a test car with less than 5000 km mileage, and this thing could quite happen...

I didn't drive. But I was playing with the test car. Not sure if the same.

Hand brake loose yes

Boot big

Car is wider.

Legroom better

Equipment much much better

Roof. Low. Too low

I didn't drive. But I was playing with the test car. Not sure if the same.

Hand brake loose yes

Boot big

Car is wider.

Legroom better

Equipment much much better

Roof. Low. Too low

Yes.

It's exactly what I thought of the vios

Let me review the vios.

Warning: no pictures!

I was down at BM last Saturday to look at the vios.

First impressions:

A little playful ,childish on the outside.

Does not seem so prim and proper.

Nice rear though.

Will mostly prefer the design of the previous vios.

Interior:

Front

Hard plastics.

Attempts on sculpting dashboard, but still doesn't hide the texture of the dashboard.

Airbag cover concealed (improvement)

Fabric is somewhat nasty and interior could have been better with over leather wrap

Steering wheel of the Corolla.

gPs no good (only Singapore and Malaysia)

Touchscreen not to fancy.

Armrest small.

Very big minus point:

Loose handbrake

SE claimed it's the spring,wth...

Rear

Rear armrest tilts(why?)

Rear seat comfortable

Seat not foldable (E grade)

Very big minus point

My head hits the top of roof

I can't exactly sit like that...

[shakehead]

Test drive.

Engine rattles and vibrates slightly.

Improvement in insulation

Overall verdict to me:

Nova!

Average car with dubious built quality and budget car feel.Problem lies with me not being able to sit properly...so no go, especially with the g grade where you can get Kia Forte SX which is definitely a better deal to me...

And don't talk about reliability...when the handbrake cannot be kept in place like the second generation proton saga, it goes without saying you shouldn't expect too much for its quality.

Recommended?:Not quite

Cars to consider?

Below 80k

Hyundai Accent

Mitsubishi twins

Below 90k

Kia Forte k3 SX

Hyundai Elantra

Maybe mazda2

Toyota Corolla Axio

K3 height 1445mm.

Vios height 1475mm.

The roof is low maybe due to the roof design and also maybe the back sitting position is higher or they call theatre style seating.

K3 back seating is low.Is even lower than elantra.This is what my wife feedback during test drive.

How come BM never state the country of manufacture for the new Vios cannot find in sgcarmart page.

should be Thailand.
↡ Advertisement