Billion Dollar Bus Service Enhancement Program Completed

kdash

New Volvo B8L tri-axles double decker prototype spotted testing on Lornie Rd.

They buy Volvo double decker buses again? No more MAN double decker? Wonder how many Volvo double decker will they buy?

They buy Volvo double decker buses again? No more MAN double decker? Wonder how many Volvo double decker will they buy?

This Volvo bus is new model, B8L. Not the normal B9TL you always see. New bodyworks too. Anyway. it is just a prototype for trial. Not sure how many will get after that.

Currently LTA have bought in about 200 MAN A95s. A unit of the EURO 6 version just brought in last Nov. So no confirmed numbers of how many of such will be bought.

er ... so is footing the billion dollar bill ?

nowadays they promise a lot but end up later say need to raise taxes, I jin scared....  :wacko:

• Praise 1

nowadays they promise a lot but end up later say need to raise taxes, I jin scared....  :wacko:

Then you still vote for them?

Not the first time they promise a lot first, and then later take everything back from you lo. This is how they work here de.

Tiagong those euro 5 6 lorry servicing very expensive one

Once my Lao pork pig karp coe finish

Won’t be driving anymore diesel

The cost is just too high

• Praise 2

This Volvo bus is new model, B8L. Not the normal B9TL you always see. New bodyworks too. Anyway. it is just a prototype for trial. Not sure how many will get after that.

Currently LTA have bought in about 200 MAN A95s. A unit of the EURO 6 version just brought in last Nov. So no confirmed numbers of how many of such will be bought.

So this volvo bus prototype only ah?! Thought they have already purchased this bus liao. Looks like they dont really like to buy in many double decker, dont know why?

Won’t be driving anymore diesel

Then what you plan to drive ah?

http://landtransportguru.net/bus/bus-infrastructure/bus-contracting-model/

All buses are owned by LTA now as we have migrated to a different bus services operating model.

Because SMRT buses was damn terrible before BSEP. They can only improve when the govt intervenes. They really can't be bothered to buy new fleets and the right fleets to suit Singapore bus operations. Need LTA to spoon feed them. They leave it to LTA to change their buses, when their buses were so old and badly maintained before BSEP comes in.

As for SBST, because majority of its fleet is still under its assets, like the older Scania K230UB, a number of the older Volvo B9TL, B10TL and Dennis Tridents, and part of the newer Wright Volvo B9TL and Mercedes Benz Citaro. Because they always buy in big fleets for replacements and expansion. However SBST recently do receive some of the new buses like the MAN A95 double deckers, better specs than the SMRT ones, and running on some East side services like 47, 76.

• Praise 1

Wonât be driving anymore diesel

Can keep on extending COE mah.

Can continue piak piak inside your pickup.

So this volvo bus prototype only ah?! Thought they have already purchased this bus liao. Looks like they dont really like to buy in many double decker, dont know why?

The bus is purchased and registered as SG4003_. Allocated to SBST and now go for testing and preparation for service.

It's a prototype on trial to test and evaluate the operations for the new model, i.e. EURO 6 engine, chassis and bus body, before committing more.

Some of the older bus fleet are scrapping this year and in a few years, so they may buy a fleet for replacements and probably expansion.

As a passenger, i find not much different whether the buses are owned by who?! If bus standard no good means no good, whether ownership falls on who.

Not true.

If operator don't do proper maintenance, no matter how gooe the buses they purchase is no use.

Wah. You guys are bus otaku ah?

Is it like the fellow who said he couldn't sleep the night before because he was too excited to take a new MRT line?  :D

Wah. You guys are bus otaku ah?

Is it like the fellow who said he couldn't sleep the night before because he was too excited to take a new MRT line?  :D

Me not bus otaku la, think bro dach is lo.  [:p]  I am 'concern' on public buses here cause i take them daily, if i dont take public buses, dont think i would be bother what buses they used or how good their bus standard of service is?!  [rolleyes]

Then what you plan to drive ah?

I donno man

Still got 8 years

Probably I buy my friend car then renew coe lor

Buy car can only buy from friend

Most of my friends would rather scrap their car than sell to me because they know got problem one

So if they agree to sell to me, generally should be ok nah

Maybe take bus

8 years is a long time

Hard to say

The bus is purchased and registered as SG4003_. Allocated to SBST and now go for testing and preparation for service.

It's a prototype on trial to test and evaluate the operations for the new model, i.e. EURO 6 engine, chassis and bus body, before committing more.

Some of the older bus fleet are scrapping this year and in a few years, so they may buy a fleet for replacements and probably expansion.

Not true.

If operator don't do proper maintenance, no matter how gooe the buses they purchase is no use.

Think so, some of the old double decker buses should be scrapping this year, saw these buses running on some bus service. Although these buses near 20 years old and yet the air-con still quite powerful.

Like you said, if operators dont do proper maintenance, so whether the buses are owned by operators or LTA also same lo. You confirmed and sure LTA would do proper maintenance?

Not true.

I like bus because they can Cheong flood

If got flood quickly take bus and take out Handphone film :XD:

↡ Advertisement