Billion Dollar Bus Service Enhancement Program Completed

kdash

As a passenger, i find not much different whether the buses are owned by who?! If bus standard no good means no good, whether ownership falls on who.

Not sure how often you take the bus nowadays but as someone who takes the bus daily, i find the bus frequency to be a lot better nowadays especially during the peak rush hours.

And obviously, universal fleet management is better because LTA is able to assign say double decker buses or bendy buses to services with higher loading patterns during specific time periods. Unlike in the past, would it be possible to assign a double decker sitting empty in the bus depot to a different operator? Answer is no.

Give credit when it is due.

↡ Advertisement

I like bus because they can Cheong flood

If got flood quickly take bus and take out Handphone film :XD:

Cannot piak piak inside bus hor.

Think so, some of the old double decker buses should be scrapping this year, saw these buses running on some bus service. Although these buses near 20 years old and yet the air-con still quite powerful.

Like you said, if operators dont do proper maintenance, so whether the buses are owned by operators or LTA also same lo. You confirmed and sure LTA would do proper maintenance?

Once the bus is leased out to the operators, it is their responsibilities to maintain the bus.

Not sure how often you take the bus nowadays but as someone who takes the bus daily, i find the bus frequency to be a lot better nowadays especially during the peak rush hours.

And obviously, universal fleet management is better because LTA is able to assign say double decker buses or bendy buses to services with higher loading patterns during specific time periods. Unlike in the past, would it be possible to assign a double decker sitting empty in the bus depot to a different operator? Answer is no.

Give credit when it is due.

I agreed when LTA takes over the public bus transport, there is indeed improvement but this doesnt mean all bus services have improved lo. Still depends which area and which bus services you are referring to. For example last time Service 190, bus frequency inconsistent and bad, buses also crowded. But now this bus improved tremendously, almost 90% of buses are double decker or bendy, frequency super fast during the peak hours and not very long even during off peak. Taking this bus confirmed can get a seat and ride is comfortable. But this doesnt mean all bus services are as good. If the bus services and area you are taking is good, confirmed you would praise LTA for their good effort, but if happen that the area or bus services you are taking are bad, and you dont see much improvement, definitely you would curse and swear. This is human nature. [rolleyes]  

Edited by 13177

I agreed when LTA takes over the public bus transport, there is indeed improvement but this doesnt mean all bus services have improved lo. Still depends which area and which bus services you are referring to. For example last time Service 190, bus frequency inconsistent and bad, buses also crowded. But now this bus improved tremendously, almost 90% of buses are double decker or bendy, frequency super fast during the peak hours and not very long even during off peak. Taking this bus confirmed can get a seat and ride is comfortable. But this doesnt mean all bus services are as good. If the bus services and area you are taking is good, confirmed you would praise LTA for their good effort, but if happen that the area or bus services you are taking are bad, and you dont see much improvement, definitely you would curse and swear. This is human nature. [rolleyes]

So did you give constructive feedback to LTA other than complaining and whining online?

So did you give constructive feedback to LTA other than complaining and whining online?

Feedback to LTA liao, and as usual standard replies from them. When you find that something is not improving, feedback also same and if complaining and whining also pissed off people, then how? So should keep my mouth shut and endure and tolerate it?! Lol.  [rolleyes]

Edited by 13177

Feedback to LTA liao, and as usual standard replies from them. When you find that something is not improving, feedback also same and if complaining and whining also pissed off people, then how? So should keep my mouth shut and endure and tolerate it?! Lol. [rolleyes]

post-30152-0-04821300-1515551143_thumb.jpeg

No wonder I keep seeing a certain type of advertisement :grin:

What's that? Ownself praise ownself? If I everyday praise ownself I feel shiok. Dun care what other ppl think and their worthless criticism. Think positive. LoL...

Talk about ppl living in a world of their own.

Sometimes they can't handle constructive feedbacks.

Feedback to LTA liao, and as usual standard replies from them. When you find that something is not improving, feedback also same and if complaining and whining also pissed off people, then how? So should keep my mouth shut and endure and tolerate it?! Lol. [rolleyes]

Get your own car then.

:grin:

bangbus.jpg?ssl=1

LTA won't buy this kind of bus.

Sorry.

• Praise 1

Nice. Auto Wheelchair Ramp. [drivingcar]

Hopefully, the sensors will prevent the bus from moving if the bus captain forget to retract the ramp.

The doors would not close if the ramp does not retract.

And the bus will not move if the doors are not fully closed.

You really bus otaku?

Not piak piak otaku can liao
  • Praise 1

i must admit i dont take public transport so often. but my observation is, it is not the hardware that are lacking. improvement should focus on driving skill and services. also, there are simply too many repetitive routes. buses shoukd not be made to switch from left to right within less than 1 km between the last bus stop and the next right turn. 

i must admit i dont take public transport so often. but my observation is, it is not the hardware that are lacking. improvement should focus on driving skill and services. also, there are simply too many repetitive routes. buses shoukd not be made to switch from left to right within less than 1 km between the last bus stop and the next right turn. 

Depends on the degree of repetition. Of course those that replicates for almost 90% of the routes should be re-routed. However we cannot just cut bus services in busy places and popular places because many bus services give more choices to commuters, especially in times of unreliabilities in the rail service.

not sure if i will get hammered. but in cbd with parallel roads plying along just a buiding width, walking a bit from Robinson road to cecil st is not too much to ask. what we need is more covered walmways. 

↡ Advertisement