Billion Dollar Bus Service Enhancement Program Completed

kdash

some time a crowded bus especially full of students reach mrt station, almost all of them alight at the same bus stop. It take a long time for all of them to alight before boarding passenger can go up to the upper deck. Hence the 3rd door is useful and shorten the time station at a high traffic bus stop.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

some time a crowded bus especially full of students reach mrt station, almost all of them alight at the same bus stop. It take a long time for all of them to alight before boarding passenger can go up to the upper deck. Hence the 3rd door is useful and shorten the time station at a high traffic bus stop.

I guess such problem should be exists for donkey years and yet now then they bring in 3 doors buses? Or such 3 doors buses are new technology found in buses only now?

Supersonic
(edited)

3 doors bus, wonder if the second door width is smaller than normal bus rear door since it is like one door divided into 2 doors?

Directly shot them with email or through their feedback portal, isnt your feedback go to the same group of people in LTA?

If you start work for the day, you will check your email first. Right?

Whack and make sure they get it directly.

These portals they may probably reply if they see it. First send one standard reply told you they are notified, which I don't think so.

Edited by DACH

Does it mean the 1st staircase is only for going up since the idea is for one direction flow of commuters?

Supersonic

Does it mean the 1st staircase is only for going up since the idea is for one direction flow of commuters?

Depends how the design of the bus to regulate the flow in an orderly manner.

Supersonic

Depends how the design of the bus to regulate the flow in an orderly manner.

Havent had the chance to see this 3 doors buses? Now have to wait until 2020 to be able to ride on these buses.

If you start work for the day, you will check your email first. Right?

Whack and make sure they get it directly.

These portals they may probably reply if they see it. First send one standard reply told you they are notified, which I don't think so.

Confirmed they are notified la, cause they would replied all feedback with the same reply de. So my point is even you email to them, if their SOP is to reply all feedback with standard replies with no action taken, no matter you write to them by which channel, the end result also same.

the back staircase can only for going down, but the front should be able for both depending on the crowd just like single deck, back door for alighting yet people still use front door to alight if not crowded.

Supersonic

Havent had the chance to see this 3 doors buses? Now have to wait until 2020 to be able to ride on these buses.

Confirmed they are notified la, cause they would replied all feedback with the same reply de. So my point is even you email to them, if their SOP is to reply all feedback with standard replies with no action taken, no matter you write to them by which channel, the end result also same.

Have you tried writing email directly to them?

Supersonic
(edited)

Have you tried writing email directly to them?

You mean email to this : feedback@lta.gov.sg

Edited by 13177

Supersonic

Yes

Not the same as the online feedback meh? I believe it is the same person who is manning this email address as well as the online feedback la. Unless you are saying you email to the ceo of LTA. Then confirmed different person reading. Lol.

Supersonic

Not the same as the online feedback meh? I believe it is the same person who is manning this email address as well as the online feedback la. Unless you are saying you email to the ceo of LTA. Then confirmed different person reading. Lol.

I tried and tested.

They are normally more responsive on emails. And I can write tons of details in the email, compared to the portal.

Supersonic

Just for the record....you guys impressed me with your knowledge on the bus sector.... [thumbsup]

bus otaku no.1: @dach and no.2: @13177
  • Praise 1

There are 2 staircase for that 3 door double decker SG5999.

The 1st stairs is the normal staircase where you see on every double deck. 

The 2nd stairs, which is situated opposite side, is for alighting only. 

There is an automated door on the 2nd floor exit to prevent passengers from going up from the lower deck. 

Supersonic

The 3rd door is not small for one personal to get out and strictly for alighting only.

15700100u.jpg?itok=Ips7mSxx&timestamp=15

So this is how the 3 doors bus looks like ah.  :huh:

The old TIBS Nissan Diesel buses are still way better than any bus in SG today, mechanically in terms of smooth ride and gearchange.

Supersonic

The current Scania bus from SBS transit has the worst ride and worst gearchange ever.

↡ Advertisement