• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
437 replies to this topic | 1,257 praises

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:34 AM

Nutty
  • Premium member
    Nutty
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

My car kena hit-and-run while parked stationery at my MSCP two days ago.

A kind-hearted uncle who witnessed the act left a note on my windscreen. I proceeded to retrieve a clean video footage of the hit-n-run incident.

I proceeded to make a police report and accident claim at my insurer's workshop. The workshop will file a claim against the culprit and told me I will be advised of the next steps in about 7 working days.

Anyone with similar experience? Will my claim be successful? 

kdash, Apple-Tree, SuPerBoRed and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:42 AM

Beehive3783
  • Premium member
    Beehive3783
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

You have already done the needful, wait for the workshop to update you.

Apple-Tree and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Cheers
Ben

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:55 AM

Titanium
  • Titanium
    6th Gear
    Author Image

A kind-hearted uncle who witnessed the act left a note on my windscreen. I proceeded to retrieve a clean video footage of the hit-n-run incident.

I proceeded to make a police report and accident claim at my insurer's workshop. The workshop will file a claim against the culprit and told me I will be advised of the next steps in about 7 working days.

Wah sgt jialat bo? U must be very heartpain!  [smallcry]

Titanium Aka BlackLancer225... [sly]

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:10 AM

Nutty
  • Premium member
    Nutty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Not jialat. Bumper paint tio scratched and one chunk of paint gone. Bumper still intact though.

Video footage shows the driver reversing into my car and drove away immediately.

Behind him got 2 cars waiting to park. One of these car owners must be the whistle blower.  [thumbsup]

Wah sgt jialat bo? U must be very heartpain!  [smallcry]

Mustank and Solar praised this

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:18 AM

Corgi_jen
  • Premium member
    Corgi_jen
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Lucky someone so kind hearted to tell you about it!
Mustank and Solar praised this

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:21 AM

Leo72
  • Leo72
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Not jialat. Bumper paint tio scratched and one chunk of paint gone. Bumper still intact though.

Video footage shows the driver reversing into my car and drove away immediately.

Behind him got 2 cars waiting to park. One of these car owners must be the whistle blower.  [thumbsup]

You can also make a police report of hit and run if you want as the traffic rule had been revised that even in car park you hit another car and didn't leave your contact.

Silver_blade and Terrylmt praised this
Tailgater and road hogger, please stay away from me. Queue cutter, please cut queue behind me.

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:26 AM

Nutty
  • Premium member
    Nutty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I have witnessed hit-and-run in MSCP before and left a note on the victim's car.

With car cams and whistle blowers everywhere, I am surprised people still taking their chances.

Lucky someone so kind hearted to tell you about it!

Yup, made police report within 24 hrs.

Initially I wanna give chance and let the culprit contact me. But 36hrs liao still dun take the initiative to call me and admit/

Now, I won't even accept private settlement. Just let the insurer/workshop handle.

You can also make a police report of hit and run if you want as the traffic rule had been revised that even in car park you hit another car and didn't leave your contact.

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:36 AM

Lok666
  • Lok666
    5th Gear
    Author Image

With many cars having cams nowadays, not so easy to hit and run at carparks. Someone approached me recently at my MSCP, asked if I had video footage of someone hitting her car while parking late at night. Unfortunately both mine and her dashcams turn off when parked. She left notes on all cars in that level asking for help and she updated me later that someone captured the accident. 

Mustank, kdash, Beregond, Tohto, SkimMilk and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:45 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I have witnessed hit-and-run in MSCP before and left a note on the victim's car.

With car cams and whistle blowers everywhere, I am surprised people still taking their chances.

Yup, made police report within 24 hrs.

Initially I wanna give chance and let the culprit contact me. But 36hrs liao still dun take the initiative to call me and admit/

Now, I won't even accept private settlement. Just let the insurer/workshop handle.

Claim the fellow Gao gao

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:54 AM

Nutty
  • Premium member
    Nutty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Yeah man..

Somemore the note on my windscreen indicated the exact time, culprit's car model and car plate number, and even the nationality/gender of the driver. Easy for me to retrieve the video footage. Unfortunately, no footage of the culprit coming over to take a look at my car. 

With many cars having cams nowadays, not so easy to hit and run at carparks. Someone approached me recently at my MSCP, asked if I had video footage of someone hitting her car while parking late at night. Unfortunately both mine and her dashcams turn off when parked. She left notes on all cars in that level asking for help and she updated me later that someone captured the accident. 

Edited by Nutty, 13 December 2017 - 10:59 AM.

Lok666 praised this

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:58 AM

EOAlfa
  • EOAlfa
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Wow, I should have done that 2 months ago when someone bum into my car park at the open air carpark. My brand new car bumper was scratched. So Sad :TT_TT: and angry :yuush:  :pissed-off: .

Lok666 praised this

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:01 AM

Nutty
  • Premium member
    Nutty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

My previous car also kena hit-n-run at MSCP in 2016. I know which car did it coz I recall a white Wish parked head in next to me.

I even spotted his bumper got my paint.

But lan lan suck thumb. I did not have a 24/7 car cam back then.

CAnnot do anything.

Wow, I should have done that 2 months ago when someone bum into my car park at the open air carpark. My brand new car bumper was scratched. So Sad :TT_TT: and angry :yuush:  :pissed-off: .

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:31 AM

meowc4tz
  • Premium member
    meowc4tz
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Actually the camera can see car plate clearly meh? Once someone play punk go overtake me and jam brake because I was driving “too slow” near school zone. Wanted to shame him but when I look at footage, sibei cui leh.

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:57 AM

Nutty
  • Premium member
    Nutty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I'm using Thinkware F770. Super clear even though it's at night.

Actually the camera can see car plate clearly meh? Once someone play punk go overtake me and jam brake because I was driving “too slow” near school zone. Wanted to shame him but when I look at footage, sibei cui leh.

Video quality pretty decent.

Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:06 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

kudos to the uncle who left a note on your windscreen. hope everything goes smoothly  [thumbsup]

Nutty praised this
Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
"Thank you for participating in the kdash social experiment."

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:07 PM

Solar
  • Premium member
    Solar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Same here.
A very loud looking WRX was vandalised with paint in my mscp and the owner approached me if I had the footage.

My car wasn't parked around his so couldn't help.

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:52 PM

Terrylmt
  • Premium member
    Terrylmt
    Supercharged
    Author Image

You are very fortunate to have witnesses and video. It should be in your favour. However, be aware that this might drag.

I had similar incident on my previous car, and it took about 8 months to fully settle.
Nutty praised this

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:21 PM

Nutty
  • Premium member
    Nutty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Drag, even with obvious video footage?

Coz the culprit denied? or engaged lawyers to fight?

My insurer workshop mentioned they will get back to me in 7 working days. Fingers crossed till then.

You are very fortunate to have witnesses and video. It should be in your favour. However, be aware that this might drag.

I had similar incident on my previous car, and it took about 8 months to fully settle.

Edited by Nutty, 13 December 2017 - 03:23 PM.

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:05 PM

sonic_kp
  • sonic_kp
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

As long as you able to produce clear video footage  that the other car knock on to you, yr insurance confirm help to claim other party.

I kena twice hit and run with clear video footage. Go to my authorise dealer claim own damage first then as your insurance to claim other party.

Fast and good. 3rd party claim slow process.

im using thinkware. damn good lo. car no.can see clearly

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:16 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

When I hit people I always leave a note behind.

I am pretending to leave you my contact as your Kay poh neighbor keeps looking at me and I hope your SD card kaput from re writing over and over again.

😀
Lok666 praised this
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: hit, and, run, mscp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users