COE Bidding – 2nd Round of December 2017

Carbon82

It's a matter of getting used to the price. ...... Lot of kbkb becos alot get too used to the low coe era.

There were days in the 90s where coe is higher than now!

↡ Advertisement

From my exasperating  experience trying to explain to many forumer the meaning of COE rebate level, now I have given up trying to enlighten anymore ignorant car buyers. Let them be.

Many car buyers actually REALLY think that the car dealers are pricing the car selling price based on $18k COE price plus some profits. And IF the successful bidded COE price is $38k, the car buyer BELIEVES it meant the dealer is very good to help the car buyer to secure a high value COE and car dealer is making little profit(or even loss of $20k).

Perhaps this dealer also reading Mycarfourm and realise there are many clueless sheeps out there for the killing.

Don't ask me why the car buyers really think they are having a good deal when the AD secures a $50k COE for them, when the price list and contract states the guarantee COE price rebate level is $18k.

Anyway... in all three scenarios, all new car owner are very happy to receiver their cars. Seldom seen a sad car owner.

1) IF their secured COE is way above the rebate level, they will proudly tell friends and relatives they got a good SE who help to secure a high COE and their car value is worth more (due to higher COE).

2) IF their secured COE is below the rebate level, they will proudly tell friend and relatives they are smart to buy at right time and got back some money as 'bonus' or spending money to pamper the car with accessories,etc.

3) IF their secured COE is around the rebate level, they will proudly tell friends and relatives they are lucky to get the car at the purchased price without any top-ups or delays.

Uniquely Singapore.

My friend just made purchases for A3, and the thing really make me stunned is the coe rebate is 18k - car will be delivered in Feb18. Is it the sign COE will crash till below 30k?

Edited by Jwee85
  • Praise 1

From my exasperating  experience trying to explain to many forumer the meaning of COE rebate level, now I have given up trying to enlighten anymore ignorant car buyers. Let them be.

Many car buyers actually REALLY think that the car dealers are pricing the car selling price based on $18k COE price plus some profits. And IF the successful bidded COE price is $38k, the car buyer BELIEVES it meant the dealer is very good to help the car buyer to secure a high value COE and car dealer is making little profit(or even loss).

Perhaps this dealer also reading Mycarfourm and realise there are many clueless sheeps out there for the killing.

Don't ask me why the car buyers really think they are having a good deal when the AD secures a $50k COE for them, when the price list and contract states the guarantee COE price rebate level is $18k.

Anyway... in all three scenarios, all new car owner are very happy to receiver their cars. Seldom seen a sad car owner.

1) IF their secured COE is way above the rebate level, they will proudly tell friends and relatives they got a good SE who help to secure a high COE and their car value is worth more (due to higher COE).

2) IF their secured COE is below the rebate level, they will proudly tell friend and relatives they are smart to buy at right time and got back some money as 'bonus' or spending money to pamper the car with accessories,etc.

3) IF their secured COE is around the rebate level, they will proudly tell friends and relatives they are lucky to get the car at the purchased price without any top-ups or delays.

Uniquely Singapore.

My friend just made purchases for A3, and the thing really make me stunned is the coe rebate is 18k - car will be delivered in Feb18. Is it the sign COE will crash till below 30k?

• Praise 1

no need PhD to figure out la

car sales price include profit

coe up/down is also dealer profit margin

same goes with

bank loan ... the more the shiok

car trade in price ... tweak mileage by 20-30k can resell as lady doctor owner

VES ... 90% makan by dealer

simi fees and add-ons

all add up to dealer profit margin

biz is to make profit ... year on year must make more profit

else SE year on year no pay rise meh

ah gong said taxes also must rise la

Edited by Wt_know

COE will go down... AD has adjusted their rebates.

Back to sub 40k for cat b and sub 30k for cat a

In my opinion, sub 40K for cat b and sub 30K for cat a is really quite a good price consider the 0% growth now, the 3% growth era seems like never be back anymore. Hope it happens! :D

COE will go down... AD has adjusted their rebates.

Back to sub 40k for cat b and sub 30k for cat a

Which AD?

See from sgcarmart,kah motor for cat A rebates is 40k and cat B is 51k?

In my opinion, sub 40K for cat b and sub 30K for cat a is really quite a good price consider the 0% growth now, the 3% growth era seems like never be back anymore. Hope it happens! :D

It will go down further as long the 30/40% down payment stays.  [laugh]

• Praise 3

Hi peeps, placed a 10k deposit on my credit card for 6 bid NG for my car. Apparently, they will refund the 10k back into my credit card if they fail to secure the coe. But wouldn't my 10k get stuck in the credit card? Anyone had similar experience?

• Praise 1

It will go down further as long the 30/40% down payment stays.  [laugh]

you are right, this down payment thingy is a wild card that can change the whole game.

If COE really dropped to another low level, playing this card by lowering the down payment requirement and lengthening the loan period would makes loan repayment looks affordable again. People buy and drive up the COE again. Wahaha, this is also the so called 'for the good of the people'.

• Praise 1

Hi peeps, placed a 10k deposit on my credit card for 6 bid NG for my car. Apparently, they will refund the 10k back into my credit card if they fail to secure the coe. But wouldn't my 10k get stuck in the credit card? Anyone had similar experience?

If money credit back to the credit card, you can ask the card issuer to refund the money back to you via cheque.

I had book a elantra and was told 1 bid guaranteed die die must secure by end dec and register by end dec. 

I'm thinking COE might go up by 2k

If money credit back to the credit card, you can ask the card issuer to refund the money back to you via cheque.

I had book a elantra and was told 1 bid guaranteed die die must secure by end dec and register by end dec.

I almost booked an Elantra S @ 89999. But ended up with a k3 Sx instead.

Hw much is the coe rebate??

my 4th last bidding...

hopefully coe goes down...

• Praise 1

I almost booked an Elantra S @ 89999. But ended up with a k3 Sx instead.

Same situation here. Colleague bought this car at 84K few months back then now cost 90K. How much you buy SX? Guarantee bid?
  • Praise 1