Cars with really poor safety ratings

therock

The Fiat Punto is the first car to have a zero star NCAP rating..

https://www.msn.com/en-sg/cars/news/fiat-punto-the-first-car-ever-to-be-awarded-zero-stars-following-euro-ncap-crash-tests/ar-BBGFYaG?ocid=spartandhp

The Fiat Punto has become the first car in history to be awarded a zero-star safety rating by independent crash testers Euro NCAP.

First released in 2005, the Italian hatchback was awarded a score of just 51 per cent for adult occupant protection, while child and pedestrian protection were rated at 43 per cent and 52 per cent respectively.

Thanks to a lack of key features such as autonomous emergency braking and lane support systems as standard, the Punto received a score of nought in the safety assist technology category.

Michiel van Ratingen, Euro NCAP's general secretary, said: "This is perhaps the strongest example of a manufacturer continuing to sell a product that is well past its best-before date, at the expense of the unsuspecting car buyer.

"We would urge consumers to check our website for the latest ratings and to choose cars with the most up-to-date five-star ratings, many examples of which we have seen in 2017."

Other cars that didn't perform strongly in the latest round of Euro NCAP safety tests include the Alfa Romeo Giulietta, Toyota Aygo, DS 3 and the Ford Grand C-Max and C-Max, which all received three-star ratings.

The Dacia Duster, MG ZS and Kia Stonic were also awarded lowly three-star ratings, although the Stonic qualifies for five when fitted with optional safety equipment.

There were a number of five-star ratings awarded, with the new Hyundai Kona, Kia Stinger, BMW 6 Series, Toyota Yaris and Jaguar F-Pace all receiving top marks.

Do you know of any current production cars with poor safety ratings?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

One thing I never considered when buying a car is safety.

But now I will. [thumbsup]

:D

Picture+233ed.JPG

Agree,to a slight extent.

This car is actually designed ro be a kei car with the dimensions falling into the category.

Such cars usually do not offer adequate protection as they are crashed at 54km/h in accordance with jncap regulations for cars

However, most part of safety is dependent on the driver.

If the driver drives like a drunkard,no amount of safety features can save him.

Have to remember the steel company sold weak metal

to the car makers so in a crash the cars are not as safe

as they were designed to be.

:D

Mazda 3 which is involved in the Japan steel scandal.

imageCAKB028O-1.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Altis

8adf27ab95adba3f22447d19252bbb343b3175e8

The old Toyota corolla

img95201305079517255095893jpg-86ccc9ec3e

Honda

02122008893_MG1_PakWheels%28com%29.jpg

Honda civic 1.8

58dc3870ad498539544e65d3afb3a4f54ece27ab

Mitsubishi lancer AR-708199916.jpg?q=100

Elantra

281-fire-collision.jpg

Jetta

kf3.jpg

The ncap and etc, it's like... Nowadays almost all cars are at least 3*. Even the old accent rb released in 2012 (the previous accent which was still sold in 2017 before the new 2017 accent) had 4* NCAP.

Like the small overlap when it first came out in 2013??, many cars couldn't deal with it.. But newer models and new generation have all excelled with it.. Cos they know how to modify the structure to beat the system. Keke.

Edited by Ivan_06
  • Praise 1

my close friend drove a Fiat Punto GT in late 90s

he went test drive with the mechanic after fitted a new boost controller, mechanic hit curb at a bend and the car rolled before ended belly up

both guys crawed out from the car without a scratch

I think they are very lucky

tmmhLTxq.jpg

my close friend drove a Fiat Punto GT in late 90s

he went test drive with the mechanic after fitted a new boost controller, mechanic hit curb at a bend and the car rolled before ended belly up

both guys crawed out from the car without a scratch

I think they are very lucky

tmmhLTxq.jpg

Sometimes it's really a matter of heng sway... Ncap being ncap, those are under controlled environment where car manufacturers can adjust to beat the system.

And whether ur time is really up.. Your friend is blessed and very lucky.

Actually 5 Stars Rating does not means can drive very fast & reckless,you try to bang a new 5 Stars rating Car into a Tree at high speed,also will get killed...

• Praise 3

Actually 5 Stars Rating does not means can drive very fast & reckless,you try to bang a new 5 Stars rating Car into a Tree at high speed,also will get killed...

Yup.. For 5* NCAP but if things happen.. Also gg..

See the vios which ran into an grave accident in upper changi road.. It collided with a truck. Half of the ride was torn apart. Really scary.. I used to drive Toyota vios, the metal is really very thin... Car was extremely light only 900kg, with superb fc and 9.8s century sprint for 1.5m.

Edited by Ivan_06