Battery for Honda Vezel

King_Kong

Suddenly my Vezel (bought end Jun 2015) does not auto-switch off (when I come to a stop) anymore.  Is it because it sensed that the battery is getting low?

By the way, what sort of battery does the Vezel need?  Does AA provide this?  How much roughly?

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Vezel got the recall on its faulty stop-start capacitors (April 2016). The caps are faulty and a fire hazard. I think yours uplorry liao. Whether it will burst into flames is anyone's guess. Good luck.

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/more-6000-faulty-honda-vezels-yet-be-rectified-lta

Seems like car dealers and car owners alike couldn't be bothered. Can drive, happy liao.

Edited by Watwheels

Yday evening I took a Grab home and the grab car  is Vezel. I asked the driver if the Vezel is good. He said it is rather quiet. Battery can last for about 5 yrs he shared with me.

Vezel with stop/start feature can use EFB (enhanced flooded cell) battery. They are more expensive than regular battery.

Around $200 or more.

Vezel with stop/start feature can use EFB (enhanced flooded cell) battery. They are more expensive than regular battery.

Around $200 or more.

[:(]  [dizzy]  [dead]  [sweatdrop] same goes for my shuttle !!

Around $200 or more.

Known as Q85,also used in my Mazda 6,now costed $195.00.

Yday evening I took a Grab home and the grab car  is Vezel. I asked the driver if the Vezel is good. He said it is rather quiet. Battery can last for about 5 yrs he shared with me.

Lasts 5 years.?Cannot be,when i collected my Mazda on Feb 2013,agent said can lasts 3 Years,end up only max 18 Months,now already on 3 rd Battery,life ending soon.

Lasts 5 years.?Cannot be,when i collected my Mazda on Feb 2013,agent said can lasts 3 Years,end up only max 18 Months,now already on 3 rd Battery,life ending soon.

Grab car driver talking abt the separate hybrid bty for the hybrid model?

Suddenly my Vezel (bought end Jun 2015) does not auto-switch off (when I come to a stop) anymore.  Is it because it sensed that the battery is getting low?

By the way, what sort of battery does the Vezel need?  Does AA provide this?  How much roughly?

Thanks.

do a battery change to the start stop battery, my colleagues with mazda 3 with start stop also got his I-stop working after changing his battery.

start stop is working only with sufficient batt power...

do a battery change to the start stop battery, my colleagues with mazda 3 with start stop also got his I-stop working after changing his battery.

start stop is working only with sufficient batt power...

Is there a separate start-stop battery?  I don't mind if it is because of that as I hate the auto-stop feature.

Around $200 or more.

Yes to TS. Battery weak. Don't worry. It good to drive for another month or so..

Slowly you will experience lag in your door opening.

Get it change when you got the times.

I change mine for 180. not the normal type where it cost 120.

Hi, do you use the start-stop function?

18mths battery life span is short.

If you are talking about old car yes 18mths is short. Modern car with so many electronic 1 1/2 years should be very happy.

Is ok. Few hundred dollars only for additional safety and concenvience fixtures. Some are redundant though like stop/start.

Yes to TS. Battery weak. Don't worry. It good to drive for another month or so..

Slowly you will experience lag in your door opening.

Get it change when you got the times.

I change mine for 180. not the normal type where it cost 120.

if i know my battery is weak, i rather change asap in case one fine day cannot start car... peace of mind.

If you are talking about old car yes 18mths is short. Modern car with so many electronic 1 1/2 years should be very happy.

Is ok. Few hundred dollars only for additional safety and concenvience fixtures. Some are redundant though like stop/start.

Alamak. Less than 24mth battery life span is a norm now for modern cars.

When was Vezel launched? 5 years?

Is there a separate start-stop battery?  I don't mind if it is because of that as I hate the auto-stop feature.

Yes, there are 2 sets of batteries, the one in the engine compartment is the standard battery.

The other is at the boot (but they are more like large capacitors), you need to remove the boot floor board AND remove the styrofoam thing to see it. When idling stop cuts in, it's this set of battery (or capacitors) at the boot that is powering the radio, lights, air-con ventilation fan, etc... 

They will have a life span too and will come a time they are no longer able to charge or discharge anymore. In your case, maybe that is why idling stop is no working anymore.

• Praise 1

Yes, there are 2 sets of batteries, the one in the engine compartment is the standard battery.

The other is at the boot (but they are more like large capacitors), you need to remove the boot floor board AND remove the styrofoam thing to see it. When idling stop cuts in, it's this set of battery (or capacitors) at the boot that is powering the radio, lights, air-con ventilation fan, etc... 

They will have a life span too and will come a time they are no longer able to charge or discharge anymore. In your case, maybe that is why idling stop is no working anymore.

If that is the case I am very happy.  Finally found a way to disable the expensive useless irritating feature/bug.

Do you all Vezel owners experience the same thing?  That is, the auto-stop does not come on after about 2.5 years?

↡ Advertisement