Malaysia: Where to eat in Kuala Lumpur?

Adrianli

Just back from KL last week. There is this basement food court opposite Sungei Wang via a connecting bridge. I think ISETAN is there. The food court serves pretty nice food especially the roasted duck and pork. In my opinion , it has restaurant standard . Their roast pork, you can see those layers of fats like how you would find in HK or restaurants. Go try it and at food court price.

Yup. That is Lot10. Isetan is the anchor tenant.

↡ Advertisement

Tried Ah Hee bak kut teh. It was good. Herbal soup, herbal taste not too overwhelming. My type of bkt. Also affordable. RM117 for 5 persons. One mix pot, one extra serving of ribs, two bowl of you tiao and one pot of tea. Will definitely return to eat if i am there.

Only locals visiting this bkt shop.

Their next door Sun Fong no ppl one. Its big and obviously cater to tour groups.

post-2654-0-88001800-1513300636_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-86820700-1513300713_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Tried Ah Hee bak kut teh. It was good. Herbal soup, herbal taste not too overwhelming. My type of bkt. Also affordable. RM117 for 5 persons. One mix pot, one extra serving of ribs, two bowl of you tiao and one pot of tea. Will definitely return to eat if i am there.

Their next door Sun Fong no ppl one. Its big and obviously cater to tour groups.

attachicon.gif20171215_081942.jpg

attachicon.gif20171215_082349.jpg

I'll be driving up KL too. This looks good!!! 

@adrianli any recommended places for shopping, night markets, makan? not too upscale. too many malls and dont wish to walk them one by one. just want to go to maybe one or two that is the better one and that's it. 

@adrianli any recommended places for shopping, night markets, makan? not too upscale. too many malls and dont wish to walk them one by one. just want to go to maybe one or two that is the better one and that's it.

Not upscale, Sungei Wang.

Night market, Jalan Alor. The whole street full of food shops one side and street hawkers the opposite side.

the usual shopping belt will be bukit bintang, sungei wang (peasants), Lot10 / Pavilion / KLCC (branded), Time square/ Mid valley/ One Utama (in between).

attachicon.gif20171215_081942.jpg

attachicon.gif20171215_082349.jpg

ah I like this place too. Shiok.

No 95, Jalan Hang Lekir,

If you are facing the corner drink stall ( mata kucing drink ? ) , opposite of it is the porridge stall right ? Then its few stall down the same stretch . Just renovated . If after 12 / 1 pm , there is an old uncle selling peanut pancake outside this WTM stall .

Oversea Restaurant at Jalan Imbi is one of the must go place for me also . Char Siew , Fried Prawn with their signature dark soy sauce , claypot pork belly with salted fish .

Thanks for the recommendation. The WTM noodle is very qq and the char siew also very nice.

post-2654-0-23047000-1513319579_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-31691700-1513319597_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-88635300-1513319630_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

I think food recommendations for KL should be in another thread. Good for sharing with those who are going KL too. Any thoughts on this?

• Praise 1

I think food recommendations for KL should be in another thread. Good for sharing with those who are going KL too. Any thoughts on this?

you going to screen through the thread to select/split all the food posting?  [sweatdrop]   [laugh]

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

you going to screen through the thread to select/split all the food posting?  [sweatdrop]   [laugh]

Nope. Just the recent ones. This thread is at least six years old. 

agreed!
  • Praise 1

Supper was MSW. Expensive at RM60 per kg. The one my FIL chose was 2kg. Taste so so only. More bitter than sweet. Not my liking.

post-2654-0-27045600-1513350412_thumb.jpg