• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
29 replies to this topic | 50 praises

Posted 19 December 2017 - 06:57 PM

Ahbengdriver
  • Ahbengdriver
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

First I searched and cannot find any old threads.

Ok, where can I find one in the Sin Ming or Ang Mo Kio area.  Looking  to paste clear protective film to prevent stone chips on windscreen n headlights.  Heard its also called "clear bra" (for cars hor, not women).

Does companies like 3M, V-cool, etc have them?

dcb praised this
===========================================================================
I am looking for another word other than "disgusting" to describe 4.62 minion but bcos I neber pass my PSLE, the only word I know is "KNNBCBB"

Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:29 PM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

You can look for those sticker shops to apply the stone guard films. Usually on headlamps, front bumper, bonnet etc but not on windscreen.

Ok, where can I find one in the Sin Ming or Ang Mo Kio area.  Looking  to paste clear protective film to prevent stone chips on windscreen n headlights.  Heard its also called "clear bra" (for cars hor, not women).

Hyundai Accent 2003, Honda GD1 Jazz 2004, Honda GE6 FIT 2008, Volkswagen Polo 6R 2012, Mazda 2 DJ Deluxe 2015............

Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:19 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I would advise against such films for headlights becoz I ever saw ppl's headlights melted coz of the films. A set of headlights no cheap.

Chip on the front bumper and headlights are part of the car ownership every driver has to live with. Do the next car owner appreciate what you do or does it appreciate the value of your car? No.

dcb praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:26 PM

Lomfy
  • Premium member
    Lomfy
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

try xpel ??

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:52 AM

Ahbengdriver
  • Ahbengdriver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

i bot the car from a previous owner who already had them on windscreen n headlights.  But since i bot the car thru an agent i dunno who that owner was n what brand the film is.

they still look good but can see the signs of sand/stone attacks so thot its time to change it.

===========================================================================
I am looking for another word other than "disgusting" to describe 4.62 minion but bcos I neber pass my PSLE, the only word I know is "KNNBCBB"

Posted 20 December 2017 - 09:34 AM

Slowpoke
  • Premium member
    Slowpoke
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

try Groomer's Lab, I think they are one of the advertisers here

Ahbengdriver and BabyBlade praised this
-----------------------------------------------------------
I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol
-----------------------------------------------------------

Posted 20 December 2017 - 04:11 PM

BabyBlade

try Groomer's Lab, I think they are one of the advertisers here

GroomersLab Perhaps Rendall you can give some advice here.  [flowerface]

I like my hair messy, my life high, and my soul wild.

Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:09 PM

GroomersLab
  • Premium member
    GroomersLab
    Sponsor
    Author Image

Thanks BabyBlade.

GroomersLab Perhaps Rendall you can give some advice here.  [flowerface]

BabyBlade praised this
25 Kaki Bukit Road 4
#07-56 | #03-34
Synergy@KB
S. 417800
www.groomerslab.com.sg
Facebook: Groomers Lab Pte Ltd | Groomers Lab Concept Centre

Rendall @ +65 9876 5471
rendall@groomerslab.com.sg

Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:12 PM

GroomersLab
  • Premium member
    GroomersLab
    Sponsor
    Author Image

Hi AnBengdriver, 

We are the certified installer for Xpel Ultimate Protective Film. We had installed many films on headlights on many different makes and model. 

Benefits & Advantages of Protective Film:

1. 100% Protection against Stone Chip | Road Debris | Scratches 

2. It does not turn Yellowish 

3. It does not Melt 

Do remember to get the right film and not the vinyl type as vinyl does not protect against the above mentioned. Hope the above info helps. 

Thank you

Team Groomers Lab

Attached Thumbnails

• Xpel 3.png

25 Kaki Bukit Road 4
#07-56 | #03-34
Synergy@KB
S. 417800
www.groomerslab.com.sg

Rendall @ +65 9876 5471

Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:14 PM

GroomersLab
  • Premium member
    GroomersLab
    Sponsor
    Author Image

Btw Windshield Protection Film is also available and it does protect against stone ship and road debris chips too. 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1658.JPG
  • 010.JPG
  • 2017-10-24-PHOTO-00000867.jpg

25 Kaki Bukit Road 4
#07-56 | #03-34
Synergy@KB
S. 417800
www.groomerslab.com.sg

Rendall @ +65 9876 5471

Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:17 PM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi AnBengdriver,

We are the certified installer for Xpel Ultimate Protective Film. We had installed many films on headlights on many different makes and model.

3. It does not Melt

Do remember to get the right film and not the vinyl type as vinyl does not protect against the above mentioned. Hope the above info helps.

Thank you

Team Groomers Lab

Is this tailor made or just only for common makes?
What about the Subaru Impreza 2017?
Thanks with regards,
Brass
I am in control of my life,and I lead it like how I want to.

Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:56 PM

GroomersLab
  • Premium member
    GroomersLab
    Sponsor
    Author Image

Hi Brass, 

All films are customize based on different make and models as it fits onto the screen well just like a phone screen protector. Yes we can install Impreza too. 

Is this tailor made or just only for common makes?
What about the Subaru Impreza 2017?
Thanks with regards,
Brass

25 Kaki Bukit Road 4
#07-56 | #03-34
Synergy@KB
S. 417800
www.groomerslab.com.sg

Rendall @ +65 9876 5471

Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:58 PM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi Brass,

All films are customize based on different make and models as it fits onto the screen well just like a phone screen protector. Yes we can install Impreza too.

Ok noted with thanks.
May wish that you business do a roaring trade judging with so many members and car owners outside there with their new cars.
I am in control of my life,and I lead it like how I want to.

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:02 PM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Very pricey.

try xpel ??

Edited by dcb, 20 December 2017 - 07:22 PM.

Hyundai Accent 2003, Honda GD1 Jazz 2004, Honda GE6 FIT 2008, Volkswagen Polo 6R 2012, Mazda 2 DJ Deluxe 2015............

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:27 PM

Lomfy
  • Premium member
    Lomfy
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Very pricey.

did my headlights for $150, windscreen for $150 as well.....my workplace too much stones on the road

Edited by Lomfy, 20 December 2017 - 07:28 PM.

dcb and Optramagnum praised this

Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:29 PM

JohnSHL
  • Premium member
    JohnSHL
    Supercharged
    Author Image

You can look for those sticker shops to apply the stone guard films. Usually on headlamps, front bumper, bonnet etc but not on windscreen.

yup I hv it on front bumper n bonnet. Considered doing it on windscreen too but I was concerned it may affect the wipers.

Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:31 PM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

That is what i am thinking about too. Will it affect vision? Will it cause water to bead as thought there is a coating? Will it affect the auto wiper/headlamp sensors.

but I was concerned it may affect the wipers.

Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:37 PM

GroomersLab
  • Premium member
    GroomersLab
    Sponsor
    Author Image

Ok noted with thanks.
May wish that you business do a roaring trade judging with so many members and car owners outside there with their new cars.

Thanks

yup I hv it on front bumper n bonnet. Considered doing it on windscreen too but I was concerned it may affect the wipers.

Don’t worry as it will not if the right film is used. My car had been installed with the film for many months and so far ok

That is what i am thinking about too. Will it affect vision? Will it cause water to bead as thought there is a coating? Will it affect the auto wiper/headlamp sensors.

It doesn’t affect the sensor at all. Confirmed plus chopped as my current car also installed and so far everything ok

Headlights these days are ex so should consider doing it but do opt for the right film as we have customers who went for transparent vinyl which does not even protect against anything
dcb praised this
25 Kaki Bukit Road 4
#07-56 | #03-34
Synergy@KB
S. 417800
www.groomerslab.com.sg

Rendall @ +65 9876 5471

Posted 21 December 2017 - 08:08 AM

Octopus
  • Premium member
    Octopus
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I have installed windscreen protector (ClearPlex) few years ago, my advise is don't do it. It will results in many fine scratches on the film due to dirt/sand on the wiper. Those fine scratched on my windscreen affect the vision, especially bad during night time.

But I guess on headlights may be ok because don't have the wiper there.

dcb praised this

Posted 21 December 2017 - 08:25 AM

Octopus
  • Premium member
    Octopus
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Hi AnBengdriver, 

3. It does not Melt 

Thank you

Team Groomers Lab

Hi GroomersLab,

Does your company offer service of removing the windscreen protector? Can it be remove? If possible please pm me the detail including pricing. Thank you.

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Revol Carz Makeover Pte Ltd

Revol Carz Makeover Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by hokeith83  |  Neutral Newbie

Got to agree that Revol Carz Makeover offers excellent service.

Thumbs up for the services delivered!

Revol Carz Makeover Pte Ltd

Revol Carz Makeover Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by samchan99  |  Neutral Newbie

Revol Aftersales service alone is simply out of this world. My car mechanic accidently touch my inner pillar which leave an oil stain marks and to make matter worse he tried to clean with his cloth which leave a bigger oil stain marks!

Even after 1 years plus after the treatment, I called Alan and he advised me to visit them and upon my arrival after their in... » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Car Grooming - Wash & Polish

Quick Reply

Tags: clear flim windscreen, protect and 5 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users