Star Wars: The Last Jedi (SPOILER ALERT)

Blueray

[hur]

Please let him know it is just a movie.

Bro...to me and you is a movie. We are probably casual fans who knows enough about the franchise,  but not hardcore enough to buy every star wars toy out there.

But with 40 years, I can understand the huge fan base out there who could be very attached to the franchise. They have full cabinets of star war toys, from Lego sets to figurines. I have a client who has a cabinet of these toys and it wasn't even his....it was pass down by his late father who was very attach to the franchise.  Obviously that made Star Wars as part of his family heirloom. And I bet he is not the only family.  To these people, Star Wars is not just a movie, t is a legacy....a story that pass down from father to son and so on. Another guy I know has a sister with her middle name as "leia". Crazy, but that 's how it goes and I really wonder how he feels when he see Leia turns into a superman.

While I am dissapointed with what they did in Episode 8,  it is just a movie. But I can feel the immense pain of the hardcore fans who are millions around the world.

↡ Advertisement

Hmm just watched the movie.

U have to understand that Luke shut himself from the force to escape the dark side. Despair which is what he felt after his weakness turned Ben solo into Kylo ren and exacerbated the first order dominion.

He f**ked up his nephews life and in the process many others including his own disciples.

People think that a leader or master must be inspiring or infallible but luke has shown that a major f**k up like that is not something that goes away.

I mean from a human perspective, what Kylo and Luke underwent is indeed very human.

I don't really like the Yoda part. Thought that was just fan service. Unfortunately Alex Guinness is no longer around. Thought Obi-Wan would have been way more suitable.

I felt it was lot more exciting except the Monaco part detracted from the story. It was supposed to tie down the movie to a big galaxy full of interesting things but it just didn't develop well. Finn as a character doesn't develop that well. Rose is also too one dimensional. Earnest but no charm or deeper side to her. Finn also don't really have the roguish qualities of Han solo or Lando calrissan. But it's sorta interesting how he always gets called out for being a coward. Then when he tried to do something like kamikaze he gets thwarted.

I like poe, Kylo and rei.

There's too much emphasis on Leia also. At least there won't be her in ep 9

I liked the kamikaze admiral, at least she's something different from the usual rah rah rebel leader. Seems like a bitch but does things her own way.

I just watched episode 7 few weeks back which I enjoyed when it came out but I really feel it's too much fan service. Ep 8 is a better film but with more hits than misses.

I thought the pyrrhic Victory part was quite apt. It's never been mentioned in Star wars how some of the horrendous losses on the calafare characters don't affect the lead characters.

The conflict between poe and the kamikaze admiral was one of the better part of the show in retrospect.

The lightspeed crash into snokes flagship was In terms of visual flair very very cool.

Writing of Serenity... makes me want to see it again. Damn... what an awesome movie

I have it on my Nas. But actually never watched it cos I watched firefly half way...

Why were the Star wars trilogies filmed in the sequence 4.5,6  1,2,3?

Because

*MMMMMM*  in charge, Yoda was

Anyone noticed that Yoda is of a darker shade of green in The Last Jedi movie? [laugh]

[hur]

Please let him know it is just a movie.

While not real, Luke has some qualities that people look up to. It's not unlike a child looking up to NBA or football stars.

Well, just don't look at them 40 years down the road -- out of shape, desolated and bankrupt!

If you like the movie or don't understand it, please catch it again a second or third time -- it is floundering at the box office. First week taking is only 75% of TFA.

Edited by Nhyone

some cool fight scenes; Kylo + Rei vs Snoke, Laura Dern's cruiser vs Snoke's vessel, destruction of the dreadnought. 

but very weak story and poor character development, almost illogical. 152 mins of messy story telling.  [thumbsdown]

just when I thought Episodes 1, 2 and 3 were bad. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

some cool fight scenes; Kylo + Rei vs Snoke, Laura Dern's cruiser vs Snoke's vessel, destruction of the dreadnought. 

but very weak story and poor character development, almost illogical. 152 mins of messy story telling.  [thumbsdown]

just when I thought Episodes 1, 2 and 3 were bad. 

Disney ruin it.  [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement