Clients From Hell

chryst

In this case client color blind or lappie different config

Best to hv specific numbers in such cases to ensure the EXACT color

Same as selecting car colors. Color code and not individual perception etc

not everyone knows about colour code too. but at least you are protected if client claims misrepresentation.
↡ Advertisement

That said, whn I deliver lectures I alwes expect challenges from my students as it shows they are thinking.

I do not expect not to be questioned thinking I know it all.

This is adult education, and they being clients should exercise their rights to learn accurately.

We tried everything. According to her, "my office printer doesn't even show remotely the same colour!!!! so must i come here to use your printer everytime i need to print this out to show people!?!?!". 

I face this situation before. I used to have a team that  setup and calibrate large format printers for printing of posters and banners.. The team also does marketing collaterals

I told the client that her printer and monitor are not colour calibrated. The team then show her examples of a printout from a non  colour calibrated printer. Like your case, she asked how then will she know for sure that the colours are correct?  My team then offer to colour calibrate her laptop monitor.  We didn't use windows built-in tools, but instead use a hardware calibration tool. After the calibration, her laptop colour matches the product  For a non-technical person, what she saw was a wow moment.

She then sign on the next contract for the next 5 years.

• Praise 4

Did you have any weird people throwing WebMD in your face?

The number of patients i've seen is in the high 5 or maybe 6 digits, not many personalities i've not met before lah.

Edited by Lala81

not everyone knows about colour code too. but at least you are protected if client claims misrepresentation.

Yup. But that shd be the initial presentation in such cases to ensure all on the same page

If only someone come up with some bluetooth chip embedded into our heads and is able to sync with one another to "see" what they are thinking. LoL...

i would pay a FORTUNE for this.

The number of patients i've seen is in the high 5 or maybe 6 digits, not many personalities i've not met before lah.

Lol... I can imagine

I face this situation before. I used to have a team that  setup and calibrate large format printers for printing of posters and banners.. The team also does marketing collaterals

I told the client that her printer and monitor are not colour calibrated. The team then show her examples of a printout from a non  colour calibrated printer. Like your case, she asked how then will she know for sure that the colours are correct?  My team then offer to colour calibrate her laptop monitor.  We didn't use windows built-in tools, but instead use a hardware calibration tool. After the calibration, her laptop colour matches the product  For a non-technical person, what she saw was a wow moment.

tell her if u recontract, we also change your eyeballs  [:p]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

poor you. i sometimes giggle outside my doc's office when i hear people webmd-ing her and then make fun of her when its my turn.

I don't think so. I just think we are a small market whereby competition is limited cos of the market size.

And we are sorta brought up on the mantra of efficiency rather than the need for the softer parts of human interaction. 

but the description above by TS demonstrates the lack of proper communication between the client and the staff.

I think... about 90% of service staff in singapore follow the ''script' , job description...   

It all boils down to respect for your own job.... if today im in service sector... i will take the s**t thats thrown at me.. simply coz im paid to take that s**t... Customer is NOT always right... but it takes skill from a good service staff to turn the situation and maintain a long standing relationship. 

and for TS eg... i actually think the management is a reta*d

• Praise 2

thank goodness you had a good client!

but the description above by TS demonstrates the lack of proper communication between the client and the staff.

I think... about 90% of service staff in singapore follow the ''script' , job description...   

It all boils down to respect for your own job.... if today im in service sector... i will take the s**t thats thrown at me.. simply coz im paid to take that s**t... Customer is NOT always right... but it takes skill from a good service staff to turn the situation and maintain a long standing relationship. 

(would not disagree. where got like this suka suka throw people out and break contract? and client was just a salesperson. cut nose off to spite face meh?)

That said again, on that “customer right” thingy. Seeing lots abuse on the rise in all sectors. Healthcare mostly.

More signs of non-tolerance of abuse are evident now

sometimes it's like that lor.

How many times u've seen management say tell the staff to lun .... then when they themselves go deal with the shit, they say "F it, i'm not taking this shit"   [laugh]

• Praise 2

sometimes it's like that lor.

How many times u've seen management say tell the staff to lun .... then when they themselves go deal with the shit, they say "F it, i'm not taking this shit"   [laugh]

But I would always tell my frontline that that even though you must lun most of the time, understand when it crosses over to verbal abuse. You are human too, you deserve basic human to human respect regardless of if you're being paid to accept this shit.

• Praise 1

But I would always tell my frontline that that even though you must lun most of the time, understand when it crosses over to verbal abuse. You are human too, you deserve basic human to human respect regardless of if you're being paid to accept this shit.

Most important is that the staff must know their boss has their back ...

bro this one only you are qualified to say

In this case client color blind or lappie different config

Best to hv specific numbers in such cases to ensure the EXACT color

Same as selecting car colors. Color code and not individual perception etc

your 10" is based on what measurement standards? :D
  • Praise 1

The professionalism in customer service is in getting customer what they want from customer perspective. If not then your job has failed.

Well as with most things ... say is easy, do is hard.

↡ Advertisement