Clients From Hell

chryst

Actually, some customer is like that. Some ego so big that any small perceived slight they will blow up.

If got good temperament and can tahan, it's quite funny to see people go crazy. (except for when they use / threaten violence lah).

not true la... 

just that when customer has something to say to service staff usually = complain... hence custy is already angry in the first place! 

i still believe there is nobody who will suddenly '' hmm nothing to do today ... lets call xxx bank service centre to screw them over... '' 

**ps... i stand to be corrected!!!'' 

the red part i totally agree... sometimes its just very little things that will escalate the issues into larger ones... hence i say...service sector need to improve standards...  but i also said its not an exact science....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I'm sure everybody has encountered headscratching situations in the workspace. Be it from colleagues or clients, some of them make you wanna vomit blood. Let's share our stories!

-

At this point, COO came into my room to ask what's going on since he's next door and can hear everything. He discovers that the client doesn't understand how different machines show colours differently, and that "real" colour on a screen doesn't mean "real" colour produced.

He literally threw her out of the office and broke their contract.

hahaha , I happened to encountered something similar to this before but the users not as hellish as yours 

in this incident. Actual printout or on computers can be different to the eyes.  

I had many experiences  with demanding customers . Bang table , sue for LD , threaten to file complaints to get you fired , called at 3am etc .....  

But you know , my view is always looking at things in their shoe (or hidden agenda) . Maybe it was our company's faults , maybe  customer's faults or not able to understand . The important thing is how to win them back and turn the table around. 

Definitely , it was very stressful dealing with them ... 

:D

• Praise 3

I think sometimes we just get angry before we really examine all the facts or we only saw it from our narrow point of view.

I've been embarrassed a few times, when I've gotten angry with the other party before realizing that a mistake was made on my part as well.

die die don't admit your fault!

I find that some ppl have real communications issues. They just do not know how to express what exactly they want. Like they dunno how to put it in words. Then they are ppl who cannot picture what you are saying to them. Maybe need to speak in dialect or something. I dunno.

what are you talking about  [:p]

agreed agreed... 

does ur blood boil when you meet a service staff that is ''listening'' but not understanding your complain? 

and brushing you off with some generic bs? 

yes and no.

it fully depends on the attitude of the CSO. some companies don't arm their frontlines with the correct information to "appease" customers therefore they cannot be faulted for not understanding. there are also situations where it could be my/the customer's problem when we're the ones not communicating our needs clearly, or that the CSO may not be "intelligent" or experienced enough to answer the complains.

as long as its obvious that the CSO is handling the issue correctly - offer generic bs but give you some other solution to fix it, i'll be buay song but let it go. if not..... then hello to company rep, you'll be receiving a lengthy email from me soon.

Sometimes... its about communications...  its about a human touch...  i find in the profit driven mindset... 

companies have forgotten to keep their customers happy.... 

i had a place call me recently to ask for $20/- becoz they under-quoted (fully paid) the expenses for a bereavement... and the staff that called me DEMANDED i drive down to pay...  

ps* i told them to please go ahead and sue me for the $20/- 

this one really call give them 棺材本 hahaha. sorry for your loss though.

well... i have got

1) a client waving a cleaver at me

2) threaten to get a group of guys beat me up when i step out of office

3) threaten to call police

and they are the one owing money  [:|]

• Praise 2

well... i have got

1) a client waving a cleaver at me

2) threaten to get a group of guys beat me up when i step out of office

3) threaten to call police

and they are the one owing money  [:|]

WHAT!!! I hope you got hire bodyguards one okay! 

Here, threats are ever so common

Until when one party is about to start fisting

Suddently nothing ever happens

Walks away and peace returns [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

One of the biggest irritants although not exactly hellish:

"irregardless"

#triggered

my client loves to use this word!! i cringe whenever i hear it...
  • Praise 1

Its not an exact science to good service...

but as far as im concerned...

service staff in singapore totally lack training becoz most companies DO NOT VALUE good service...

totally becoz we have GST....

What's wrong with GST.

GST is to get good customer service.

G - Greet

S - Smile

T - Thank

• Praise 2

I had really bad service at a massage parlour recently.

And this is one of those upmarket ones hor not those cheap sleazy ones some of you like to patronise.

Anyway to cut a long story short they really rub me up the wrong way.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

The art of customer service...

Male customer...get sexy ladies to handle.

When eyes busy mouth can't talk much   

Female customer...let married men handle.

Cos no one can be more difficult than the one at home 

[:p]  :XD:  

• Praise 9

I don't think so. I just think we are a small market whereby competition is limited cos of the market size.

And we are sorta brought up on the mantra of efficiency rather than the need for the softer parts of human interaction.

I think soft skills is the factor that slows our economic growth.

Managers don't know how to tell staff what they want and in a way that motivates them to do it well.

Customers don't know how to ask for what they want and in a way that makes people happy to give it to them.

Companies don't know how to tell customers what they need and in a way that customers appreciate it.

Telling customers they are wrong, getting them to buy the right thing and having them to be really appreciative and thankful is an art few know here.

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement