• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
299 replies to this topic | 305 praises

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:53 PM

Stratovarius
  • Premium member
    Stratovarius
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Remember the eclipse? His SUV brother is born. Front foggies seems too big though. Remember Mit used to say they may evo their SUVs (somehow they retracted that statement recently). Maybe this is the model they are referring to. Wonder if this will arrive in SG.

antelop, Angcheek and Blueray praised this

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:56 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Why insert 2 dustbin in front.
Stratovarius and Angcheek praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:33 PM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Remember the eclipse? His SUV brother is born. Front foggies seems too big though. Remember Mit used to say they may evo their SUVs (somehow they retracted that statement recently). Maybe this is the model they are referring to. Wonder if this will arrive in SG.

Awful front.
Everyone is trying to be Citroen C4 Cactus, but failed miserably.
Hyundai kona still looks ok but this totally ruined it.

Well, on the bright side, this doesn’t look as bad as the xpander
That car is utter crap in and out,with crap styling and crap 4 speed auto (in 2017!!!!!!!!!)

But why does the rear looks so much like the Prius?

Edited by Brass, 22 December 2017 - 11:34 PM.

BanCoe, Angcheek and 1 Anonymous member praised this
I am in control of my life,and I lead it like how I want to.

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:22 PM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Now, a review on the eclipse by the Americans...
https://www.cars.com...-1420698296941/

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:49 AM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Saw the Eclipse in the raw at the showroom and did not have to squeeze with the Motor Show crowd. Had ample time to scrutinise the interior and built quality

Pros

- Made in Japan

- Spacious and sits 5 comfortably with ample leg room

- Low road tax with 1.5 turbo engine

Cons

- Insurance premium loading with turbo engine

- Drinks heavily if you rev the engine hard

- Initially turbo lag in moving the heavy 1.5 tonnes kerb weight 

- Poor installation of locally fitted leather seats - leather is loosely fitted on the seats and folds are visible 

- Plastic interior - sounds hollow when you tap on it

- Limited boot space

- Doors are very light and does not close with a solid thud

- Looks can be an acquired taste - especially the rear

- Costly to purchase $128K - priced at the same range as Hyundai Tucson 1.6 turbo and Toyota CH-R - many better value options at significantly cost savings avail -

Subaru XV 2.0 $103K

Subaru Forester 2.0 $106K (best contender)

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.0 7 seater MPV $124K

Mazda CX3 2.0 - $117K

While a turbo engine can give an initial burst in acceleration, how long can a car on steriods sustain before it runs out of breadth? Think of Ben Johnson. If the turbo decides to retire prematurely which is common, you must plan to burn a big hole in your pocket.

I would take the Japan made Subaru Forester 2.0 and save $20K.

Attached Thumbnails

• rsz_1m1.jpg
  • rsz_m2.jpg
  • rsz_m3.jpg

Edited by Vinceng, 14 January 2018 - 11:51 AM.

Brass, Fungyee77 and Angcheek praised this

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:13 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Nowadays jap made cars are nothing to rave about. Thai made cars are on par with them already. Mindset have to move forward already
Ingenius, BanCoe and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:30 PM

Spring

Saw the Eclipse in the raw at the showroom and did not have to squeeze with the Motor Show crowd. Had ample time to scrutinise the interior and built quality

Pros
- Made in Japan
- Spacious and sits 5 comfortably with ample leg room
- Low road tax with 1.5 turbo engine

Cons
- Insurance premium loading with turbo engine
- Drinks heavily if you rev the engine hard
- Initially turbo lag in moving the heavy 1.5 tonnes kerb weight
- Poor installation of locally fitted leather seats - leather is loosely fitted on the seats and folds are visible
- Plastic interior - sounds hollow when you tap on it
- Limited boot space
- Doors are very light and does not close with a solid thud
- Looks can be an acquired taste - especially the rear
- Costly to purchase $128K - priced at the same range as Hyundai Tucson 1.6 turbo and Toyota CH-R - many better value options at significantly cost savings avail -
Subaru XV 2.0 $103K
Subaru Forester 2.0 $106K (best contender)
Mitsubishi Outlander 2.0 7 seater MPV $124K
Mazda CX3 2.0 - $117K

While a turbo engine can give an initial burst in acceleration, how long can a car on steriods sustain before it runs out of breadth? Think of Ben Johnson. If the turbo decides to retire prematurely which is common, you must plan to burn a big hole in your pocket.

I would take the Japan made Subaru Forester 2.0 and save $20K.

That Forester at $20k cheaper is the non turbo one n as such u shld be comparing with the turbo Forester which is more ex than this Eclipse Cross.
AltisOwner, Newbie26, SiLangKia, FourZero, Angcheek, BanCoe, Othello and 1 other member praised this
<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:05 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Would this cannibalize the sales of the ASX?

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:55 PM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Would this cannibalize the sales of the ASX?

Maybe not...it will die instead with its crappy pricing.
Honda fanboys are far from being dead, so they can price expensively
Most Mitsubishi fanboys are 'dead' so nobody sane will buy this...

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:58 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Mitsubishi needs a sports car to make it interesting.
Even a hybrid or EV FTO like sports car to compete with the GT86 and BRZ.
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:00 AM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

That Forester at $20k cheaper is the non turbo one n as such u shld be comparing with the turbo Forester which is more ex than this Eclipse Cross.

No...cannot compare Mitsubishi to FXT
Even though 2.0 NA is lethargic at 148 bhp, but the Mitsubishi eclipse 1.5t is just 161 bhp while XT is 238 bhp
In this case, the Mitsubishi is closer to Fna as power of engine is similar.
But power to weight ratio , Mitsubishi wins.

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:46 AM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Forester N.A with 148 bhp is a closer comparison than the XT turbo which has 238 horses and is a class above from the Eclipse's 161 horses.

The Harrier 2.0 turbo might be a better comparison with the Subaru XT.

Edited by Vinceng, 15 January 2018 - 08:50 AM.

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:48 AM

Spring

No...cannot compare Mitsubishi to FXT
Even though 2.0 NA is lethargic at 148 bhp, but the Mitsubishi eclipse 1.5t is just 161 bhp while XT is 238 bhp
In this case, the Mitsubishi is closer to Fna as power of engine is similar.
But power to weight ratio , Mitsubishi wins.

I do see your point but it’s also unfair to compare a NA car v turbo one n to compound matters 2 litre v 1.5 litre. Even price range is not anywhere near. In fact the FXT price is closer to Eclipse Cross.
Mercs praised this

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:53 AM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I do see your point but it’s also unfair to compare a NA car v turbo one n to compound matters 2 litre v 1.5 litre. Even price range is not anywhere near. In fact the FXT price is closer to Eclipse Cross.

If you compare Forester XT 2.0 turbo with Eclipse 1.5 turbo, it's a no brainer that the XT wins hands down in all aspects.  :D

Edited by Vinceng, 15 January 2018 - 08:53 AM.

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:56 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Mitsubishi got lots of fanboys wat.....Uber drivers n their 2F2F Attrages
BanCoe, SiLangKia and Angcheek praised this

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:31 AM

Spring

If you compare Forester XT 2.0 turbo with Eclipse 1.5 turbo, it's a no brainer that the XT wins hands down in all aspects.  :D

Got to agree with u on this and even price wise, 2litre FXT costs just abit more than the Eclipse. I suppose C&C feel there is a market for this car and shld have done their homework cos they are obliged to sell a certain number n the Forester is a tough competitor to beat for sure.

Mercs praised this

Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:22 PM

Sugimoto
  • Sugimoto
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Its been a long time since I last saw a sub 170 hp car comes stock with front strut bar

Edited by Sugimoto, 15 January 2018 - 12:23 PM.

Angcheek and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:54 PM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Mitsubishi got lots of fanboys wat.....Uber drivers n their 2F2F Attrages

It is plain cheap....
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:25 PM

IsaacAng
  • Premium member
    IsaacAng
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

1.5 with turbo, either this or a 1.5 civic

Angcheek and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:26 PM

Bullfrog
  • Premium member
    Bullfrog
    Clutched
    Author Image

Price for Eclipse Cross Went up after COE bidding. 

1 Anonymous member praised this

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: mitsubishi, suv, eclipse, 2018 and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users