2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross

Stratovarius

Like no more sunroof version, may be low demand.

Elegance seem like loss more features?

Let see when they update their webpage.

The Sports version comes with Sunroof and extra trims. Seems like Mitsubushi SG wants to make the differentiation between sunroof and non-sunroof versions crystal clear with the introduction of the Elegance model.

In effect, what they are doing is maintain the sunroof model, remove the non-sunroof model, and introduce a very basic base model. Also, they do not "remove" the features missing in the Elegance model but rather, they order the base trim model from Mistubishi Japan, which was alrady available for other markets.

(edited)

The Sports version comes with Sunroof and extra trims. Seems like Mitsubushi SG wants to make the differentiation between sunroof and non-sunroof versions crystal clear with the introduction of the Elegance model.

In effect, what they are doing is maintain the sunroof model, remove the non-sunroof model, and introduce a very basic base model. Also, they do not "remove" the features missing in the Elegance model but rather, they order the base trim model from Mistubishi Japan, which was alrady available for other markets.

hope the EC i have order does come with what you had just mention. i like the bottom red color trims if you are talking about that . 

Edited by Lanevomax
  • Praise 1

hope the EC i have order does come with what you had just mention. i like the bottom red color trims if you are talking about that . 

I dont know the details of the additional trims unfortunately and unless there is someone from Mistubishi SG in here, no one will have any detailed information so got to wait.

It's like the CRV. Makes no sense to save $10k+ to get the extremely under-equipped 5-seater, even though the extra 2 seats are not really useful.

Now the Outlander 2.0 looks more worth it, compared to EC Elegance.

Personally the final straws for the EC were the side mirrors doesnot electronically close and the hand-brake that might be long as a baton  :a-noway:  so i decided EC is out of my shortlist now

• Praise 1

Personally the final straws for the EC were the side mirrors doesnot electronically close and the hand-brake that might be long as a baton  :a-noway:  so i decided EC is out of my shortlist now

guess it their intention to divert buyers get OL 2.0. 

Kenwood DDX917WS. There r sm review videos on YouTube on this model.

This model removed from Kenwood website, replaced with the latest DDX918WS.. Think new ECs shd b getting this.. But actually both models no build-in Navi. Think it's a add-on module to the entertainment system.. It c/w this external GPS receiver.. Saw the same receiver in my bro's Kia K3 bought 3-4 years ago..

This model removed from Kenwood website, replaced with the latest DDX918WS.. Think new ECs shd b getting this.. But actually both models no build-in Navi. Think it's a add-on module to the entertainment system.. It c/w this external GPS receiver.. Saw the same receiver in my bro's Kia K3 bought 3-4 years ago..

i wont be surprise that they are clearing their old stock of DDX917WS locally.

Hi Guys

Am new to this thread but is keen to learn more about the EC, esp’ly from bro/sis here who have recently bought it. How is the overall feel and drive ? With the Elegance priced around $109,000, is it a good choice, say as compared to the Nissan Qashqai 1.2T ?

Thanks in advance for any useful info or views you can share.... thanks.

maybe you guys didn't notice , C&C just re-package the EC

-

Eclipse Cross

( Elegance ) $109,999

-

Eclipse Cross

( Sports ) $119,999

10k different ...

​they just launch the promotion Elgance at $109,999

​I do not know the different.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/pricelist/28/2018-05-10.pdf

• Praise 1

Hi Guys

Am new to this thread but is keen to learn more about the EC, esp’ly from bro/sis here who have recently bought it. How is the overall feel and drive ? With the Elegance priced around $109,000, is it a good choice, say as compared to the Nissan Qashqai 1.2T ?

Thanks in advance for any useful info or views you can share.... thanks.

EC Elegance(109k)  vs Qashqai 1.2T Premium (108k)

engine/performance

​​EC is better 

exterior

Qashqai will be the winner (if spend another 10k, EC sports  will be better)

Interior

Qashqai winner again (if spend another 10k, EC sports  will be better)

Qashqai will be a very nice car if purchase the 2.0 Premium Plum Interior (A)

In terms of engine/performance, EC is the outright winner, even vis-a-vis the Qashqai 2.0 Premium. As for exterior n interior, it can b subjective. The EC exterior (e.g. those gigantic recess where the front signal n flood lights are housed & the split rear screen) is already a little controversial to begin with. As for features, understd frm reviews the Qashqai may b slightly better or comparable to the higher-spec EC.. Lastly, Qashqai is rather common on the road although not as overwhelming as the Vezel/HR-V.. My 2c worth..

• Praise 1

(edited)

I've gotta agree in terms of performance and driving pleasure, EC wins the qashqai hands down. I must say the EC has one of the best throttle response for cars in its class. I compared EC, CRV, CHR, HRV, Qashqai and even the Harrier and found the EC to be one of the most responsive. That's probably because the EC's turbocharged engine kicks in from as low as 1800rpm. That being said, the EC runs out of breath at higher rpms. I also found it odd that Mitsubitshi chose to use a cvt gearbox with the EC which takes away quite abit of kick from the driving. The paddle shifters were quite redundant too.

In terms of comfort, the only thing i thought could have made the EC more comfortable was lumbar support for the front seats. I thought that the interior finishing of the EC was a marked improvement to other Mitsubishi cars; i would consider it almost on par with what you get on the qashqai. The legroom for the rear seats were noticeably more roomy in the EC than in the qashqai, but the boot space on the EC was sacrificed. Luckily you can slide the rear seats forward on the EC to create more boot space.

I'm not sure about fuel consumption of the qashqai, but i get rather decent numbers on my EC averaging at around 11-12km/l after driving the car for about 2 months. On days that i feel more disciplined, i would use cruise control on longer drives on the expressways and the car display show a consumption rate of 16.5 km/l (best reading i ever got on my EC). I'm gonna drive up north in June to see how good the fuel consumption gets.

Some other redundant stuff on the EC would be the heated seats and the headlight washers. I accidentally turned on the heated seats once when i was cleaning up the car and it was really quite hot; definitely not required in this part of the world. Manufacturer could have removed the heaters and headlight washers and perhaps spend the money on a auto tailgate instead; would have appreciated that alot more.

Overall i think if i were given a chance to make a purchase again, i might choose the harrier (from AD) over the EC. But between the EC and qashqai, definitely the EC. I feel the EC has much more character than the qashqai and as @Just4fun mentioned, it's not so common on the road. I've seen many curious heads turn on the road already when they see my EC. If you like to be different, then go for the EC. I'm quite sure you won't regret it.

Edited by JohnnyBGood

Neutral Newbie

Hi all i have recently got the EC (5th May). I felt that the car would run better on the non eco as its does not pull back the power that you need. At 3k rpm. The turbo kicks in giving the car a better feel than my previous stream. Have gone thru 2 tanks of fuels. Fc wise i think im going at about 11 or 12 km/litre. Im quite a heavy footer and city driving. Have not really tested the top speed of this car. But have shoot to 175 on 2nd link. Would add more info once i tested this car..

YNWA Titanium grey EC

Neutral Newbie

Hi i need some advice from owners of the EC. How do i mute the lady that keep asking me to drive carefully everytime i drive over the limit. Her voice is annoying..

Neutral Newbie

Personally the final straws for the EC were the side mirrors doesnot electronically close and the hand-brake that might be long as a baton :a-noway: so i decided EC is out of my shortlist now

Hi the EC that i have comes with push button hand brake and the side mirrors is electronically close.

Hi the EC that i have comes with push button hand brake and the side mirrors is electronically close.

The current two variants are elegance and sports. The difference is 10k in pricing. Some features are not available in Elegance model like electronic brakes, folding mirrors, sunroof etc.. It's stated in previous post.
↡ Advertisement