2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross

Stratovarius

(edited)

i collected last friday. went through almost 2.5hours of guidance with the friendly sales guy. came out from pandan (collection center) to a heavy downpour. haha.

ok, still in run-in mode. FE is about 1L/8km. trying to discipline myself not to go above 2k rpm. the eco mode helps to keep it that way.

2K RPM run-in for Eclipse?

Sounds very low.

I don't have this car so I can't really comment, but you might like to make sure the info given you is correct.

Edited by jg2000
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

i thought the ride comfort was good. perhaps now is run-in phase. i did not really "ramp" the car yet, the body roll was not as terrible as what the review had been reporting.

yes, they are honouring all buyer with the rear cover, they will issue you a service note, which will be expected to distributed to all buyer by end march. so, do make sure, you get hold of a yellow service slip to indicate they owe you a rear cover.

i dun have problem with the HU, in fact comparing to my previous ride (odyssey) tis is a marked improvement in terms of functionality and features wise. sound quality is passable but not overly fantastic. (area for potential upgrade. hee hee)

do try with android auto,

https://www.androidapksfree.com/apk/android-auto-latest-apk-download/

sales guy told me to keep below 2k / rpm for the first 1K. i listen lor. haha

Below 2k for first 1000km?

Im not sure this is correct or not.

All my experience is that new car need to vary the rpm between 2k to 4k. This is to proper running in the engine (cylinder). And NOT to drive higher than 90km/hr also.

Have fun with the new car!

I test drove this yesterday, really a good build/design car. 1.5T is the way to cheer now!

• Praise 2

i thought the ride comfort was good. perhaps now is run-in phase. i did not really "ramp" the car yet, the body roll was not as terrible as what the review had been reporting.

yes, they are honouring all buyer with the rear cover, they will issue you a service note, which will be expected to distributed to all buyer by end march. so, do make sure, you get hold of a yellow service slip to indicate they owe you a rear cover.

i dun have problem with the HU, in fact comparing to my previous ride (odyssey) tis is a marked improvement in terms of functionality and features wise. sound quality is passable but not overly fantastic. (area for potential upgrade. hee hee)

do try with android auto,

https://www.androidapksfree.com/apk/android-auto-latest-apk-download/

sales guy told me to keep below 2k / rpm for the first 1K. i listen lor. haha

Great! Glad u r njoying it. Looking 4ward to join u in 5 days' time.. Haha!

Area for potential upgrade.. Wat u intend to do? I'm salvaging my amp n subwoofer frm my current ride for the EC.. Hope it doesn't void the warranty. Intend to chk wif Svc team first during 1K svc'g b4 doing to b on the safe side..:D

(edited)

side note, if anyone knows where to add nice accessories to Eclipse, do give this page a shout out. 

boot tray, magnetic window screen, etc etc

Tomorrow I'm dropping by the dealership to see if there's any apparel or accessories available for sale (I got the monogrammed cap, keychain, bag, powerbank pen, picnic blanket and mug as part of the welcome package). If its for sale and any of you guys are interested in it, I may get the small items for you since I'm transiting in Singapore early next month on my way back to Darwin from Bali.

The dealer still owes me a carpet boot liner since they didn't have stock when I collected the vehicle. Otherwise, the parts office told me that a lot of genuine accessories should be available in the next 2 to 3 months. 

Edited by mirkhan_ariffin

Great! Glad u r njoying it. Looking 4ward to join u in 5 days' time.. Haha!

Area for potential upgrade.. Wat u intend to do? I'm salvaging my amp n subwoofer frm my current ride for the EC.. Hope it doesn't void the warranty. Intend to chk wif Svc team first during 1K svc'g b4 doing to b on the safe side.. :D

keep posted about the position of the svc team on the upgrade of speaker......probably this is an area for possible upgrade. the stock speaker is pretty flat.  [:p]

Tomorrow I'm dropping by the dealership to see if there's any apparel or accessories available for sale (I got the monogrammed cap, keychain, bag, powerbank pen, picnic blanket and mug as part of the welcome package). If its for sale and any of you guys are interested in it, I may get the small items for you since I'm transiting in Singapore early next month on my way back to Darwin from Bali.

The dealer still owes me a carpet boot liner since they didn't have stock when I collected the vehicle. Otherwise, the parts office told me that a lot of genuine accessories should be available in the next 2 to 3 months. 

now, u r making people in singapore very upset. (haha)

all i got during collection day, 1 set of 3rd party car mat and 1 umbrella

(edited)

@Bullfrog Bro, r u given the JS400 in-car recording dual-cameras n DVR? Do u know if it's wired to allow parking mode (i.e. recording after engine-off) because heard that as this is tapping onto the car battery, C&C doesn't allow contractor to do so? Jus wish to hear ur experience. Thanks.

PS. If u hv any more query for C&C re the car, I could help check on Sat also. Let's share notes.. Haha..

Edited by Jus4fun

@Bullfrog Bro, r u given the JS400 in-car recording dual-cameras n DVR? Do u know if it's wired to allow parking mode (i.e. recording after engine-off) because heard that as this is tapping onto the car battery, C&C doesn't allow contractor to do so? Jus wish to hear ur experience. Thanks.

PS. If u hv any more query for C&C re the car, I could help check on Sat also. Let's share notes.. Haha..

Hi Hi, on paper, it stated JS400, but physical installation was with JS450. that i was informed by the sales.

yes, you are right, they disable the recording while under parking mode for the reason you mentioned. 

i did even tried to neg for top up of $$ on my part in bid to upgrade into a better known in-car camera, but they do not want to accept. unlike, KIA. they permitted top up for brand like thinkware in-car cam

Hi Hi, on paper, it stated JS400, but physical installation was with JS450. that i was informed by the sales.

yes, you are right, they disable the recording while under parking mode for the reason you mentioned.

i did even tried to neg for top up of $$ on my part in bid to upgrade into a better known in-car camera, but they do not want to accept. unlike, KIA. they permitted top up for brand like thinkware in-car cam

Hmm.. I suppose JS450 better than 400 ba.. Anyway, if the cams r not recording during parking, we r not 'protected' for incidents like hit-n-run when the car is not in use.. Wat's the pt? :( If C&C is really so ngiow, wonder if adding of amp n subwoofer can pass.. but I think can ba.. Must neg wif them sia..

Hmm.. I suppose JS450 better than 400 ba.. Anyway, if the cams r not recording during parking, we r not 'protected' for incidents like hit-n-run when the car is not in use.. Wat's the pt? :( If C&C is really so ngiow, wonder if adding of amp n subwoofer can pass.. but I think can ba.. Must neg wif them sia..

Unauthorised mods cannot pass
  • Praise 2

i am checking with the supplier for JS450, if there is anything, they can do to enable the parking mode recording. i agree with your sentiment about the "not protected" incidents.

the supplier to mitsubishi's in-car camera is TOMO-CSE Autotrim

i collected last friday. went through almost 2.5hours of guidance with the friendly sales guy. came out from pandan (collection center) to a heavy downpour. haha.

ok, still in run-in mode. FE is about 1L/8km. trying to discipline myself not to go above 2k rpm. the eco mode helps to keep it that way. 

hi, can share your SE name and contact ?

please PM me.. 

thanks! 

• Praise 2

i am checking with the supplier for JS450, if there is anything, they can do to enable the parking mode recording. i agree with your sentiment about the "not protected" incidents.

the supplier to mitsubishi's in-car camera is TOMO-CSE Autotrim

Thx bro! Do share if there's any good devt :) By the way, I heard can install a separate power/battery pack (e. g. Power Magic Pro) where the DVR could tap on after engine off..

Thx bro! Do share if there's any good devt :) By the way, I heard can install a separate power/battery pack (e. g. Power Magic Pro) where the DVR could tap on after engine off..

Yes. The cellink neo is a good choice. Do Google for more info. You can monitor battery level using your phone

Had my complimentary 1500 km servicing done at the dealership yesterday and the mechanics said that the car is performing as it should perform. Diagnostics suggest everything is tip top.

Also went down to the showroom to ask about the freebies that I got. Unfortunately, the SE told me that they're not for sale and that you guys should check with C&C if they have those monogrammed items.

Anyway, will be getting tow bars fixed by next month. A friend from Poland will be getting for me the cargo net that is available in Europe only. Bloody tedious when generic accessories are not universally available but it helps to network a bit.

Anyway, my manager's Eclipse parked beside for the first time... 

post-204435-0-53338100-1520558501_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Finally collected my EC this morning after a 1.5 mths' wait. Pretty satisfied so far, except realised the piano black surfaces of the interior are so easily susceptible to scratch.. Unmindful wiped sm surfaces with a microfiber cloth (& it's a good quality microfiber cloth) & caused sm hairline scratches already, apparently due to dust particles on the surfaces..

Test drive second time with my wife again.

This time round my wife as passenger at behind found that the bench seat felt flat and may lack of support if travel on long distance. She noted this when compare with outlander after the teat drive.

What do you all think and comment about this?

↡ Advertisement