2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross

Stratovarius

Test drive second time with my wife again.

This time round my wife as passenger at behind found that the bench seat felt flat and may lack of support if travel on long distance. She noted this when compare with outlander after the teat drive.

What do you all think and comment about this?

Pretty true. The back seats not the most comfy in, or even compared with sm others lower than its class. The head rests r smwhat awkward n the support for the back thighs r a little short.. Edited by Jus4fun
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Test drive second time with my wife again.

This time round my wife as passenger at behind found that the bench seat felt flat and may lack of support if travel on long distance. She noted this when compare with outlander after the teat drive.

What do you all think and comment about this?

I’ve had my 3 girls (aged between 20-24 yrs old) sit on the rear seats for a 1 hour plus journey. They said it’s spacious and comfy enough compared to the old Tiguan but my girl who sat in the centre seat said that the seat belt buckle slot is protruding out of the seat and can be a bit irritating. We’ll see how they fare when we take a longer 4+ hour journey/camping trip.
  • Praise 1

Finally collected my EC this morning after a 1.5 mths' wait. Pretty satisfied so far, except realised the piano black surfaces of the interior are so easily susceptible to scratch.. Unmindful wiped sm surfaces with a microfiber cloth (& it's a good quality microfiber cloth) & caused sm hairline scratches already, apparently due to dust particles on the surfaces..ð Oh how is it gonna last glossy shine & scratch-free for years to come??

Managed to lessen the hairline scratches wif self-service using Meguixx's PlastX polish.. less obvious now.. Heng arh!:P

I’m seriously considering the EC while my wife prefers the Outlander.

Anyone here can give me pointers to go for the EC over the Outlander please?

Iâm seriously considering the EC while my wife prefers the Outlander.

EC is brand new n c/w better specs than Outlander. On the other hand, brand new means not really tested out over time yet. Generally, as for most if not all 7-Seater SUVs (or even MPVs for that matter), the 3rd row is meant primarily for children n is/takes up the boot space substantially. But will u put children all by themselves in the 3rd row? And if u r to take >5 pax on a longer journey (say getaway up North) u'll probably need the boot space to cater for these many pax anyway. Irony isn't it? Jus my pereonal 2c worth..

By the way, there r quite a few videos in YouTube comparing EC n Outlander.. U may chk it out. Happy shopping! :)

Edited by Jus4fun

i am checking with the supplier for JS450, if there is anything, they can do to enable the parking mode recording. i agree with your sentiment about the "not protected" incidents.

the supplier to mitsubishi's in-car camera is TOMO-CSE Autotrim

Bro, I'm now at Tomo to do the DVR parking mode, at the risk of voiding the car batt warranty. But personally I believe the cost of an accident to the car when I'm not driving it is greater than the cost of a batt.. PM me if u need amy info (or hv u contacted Tomo urself liao?Haha!) Cheers!

Iâm seriously considering the EC while my wife prefers the Outlander.

I test drove the Pajero Sport, the Outlander and the EC in that order. I contemplated it at length before I decided that the EC suits my purpose(s).

It all depends on what you want from the car. In my opinion, the EC is a reasonable choice if you want to lug around the family in comfort and style without bringing too much luggage. The Outlander is 20cm longer, has a larger boot space and has a reputation for being bulletproof. But it is rather dated, interior is less desirable and the larger size may not always work to your advantage, especially at tighter parking spaces. Question is, do you need the extra space?

The EC is decent in term of function and is design for the European and US market. Overall, it a great car. Will test drive the car next weeks. The price is high compare to other model of Mitsubishi car.  

Any SG EC owner knows if the EC will auto-lock when we close the door, start engine n drive off? Mine doesn't seem to. Is this normal, or do I need to set smthg? Also, does it c/w welcome light when we approach the car at stationary? If yes, how to set/unset it? Thx

• Praise 1

Any SG EC owner knows if the EC will auto-lock when we close the door, start engine n drive off? Mine doesn't seem to. Is this normal, or do I need to set smthg? Also, does it c/w welcome light when we approach the car at stationary? If yes, how to set/unset it? Thx

all these should be in your owner's manual?

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, like to check for the Singapore EC does it comes with blind Spot indicator at the side mirror

• Praise 1

When I test drive the SE said no auto lock function.

Check the manual also seem can't find this features.

Hi all, like to check for the Singapore EC does it comes with blind Spot indicator at the side mirror

Don't have as cost cutting for sg market. Edited by Contipro
  • Praise 1

ah, i got you there. auto lock.

yes, this car does not comes with auto lock function. yes, like you, i was very surprised. 

good thing, it has central lock function.

how was the installation of additional battery to enable recording during parking mode ? did you also enable viewing of video via mobile phone with add on of wifi toggle?

my piano black center console is also having scratches. mostly fine line. i reported this issue during collection.

on separate note, i just utilised the 50% voucher to do the paint protection with C&C. i think, they are using Zertona Paint Protection. 

• Praise 1

Ok, thx all for the advice.

@Bullfrog Yes, did the DVR Parking Mode wif addition of a module that will monitor the car batt n cut it off b4 low batt at some pre-setting. TOMO said this will void the batt warranty le. Oso installed the WiFi dongle for viewing, downloading videos, n configuring the DVR settings on our mobile phone.

Why r u doing the Zertona PPS again, or why do u need to pay 50% if u r doing it for the 1st time? Mine was already done (tot part of the deal for all?) b4 collection n there was already a Zertona decal on the windscreen. Hope ur SE did not short-changed u lor..

Nope! A few features taken out to keep cost 'low'.. I was personally disappointed tt the ACC was taken out.. But heard the AWD version coming later this year c/w many more of the safety features tt were taken out for the FWD version.. at a more premium price of cos.. Edited by Jus4fun

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the reply

Another question, is it by default that the camera button on the steering wheel set to activate the navigation and the button to activate Siri being set to speaker mute ?

Anyway to change back to original settings?

↡ Advertisement