• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
16 replies to this topic | 55 praises

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:47 AM

tudorpapa
  • Premium member
    tudorpapa
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys, I would like to seek for your opinion in travel insurance. I am thinking of getting an annual travel insurance next year because I will be travelling to Korea, Vietnam and Bangkok next year. Already have 3 planned trips. Not to sure if annual will be more worth it in this scenario. 

What is your preferred travel insurance plan? Single or Annual? 

Invest in a quality watch. It should always be part of your wardrobe. 

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:51 AM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

This should be of interest to me too.

Would like to find out more...

Had only ever bought single travel insurance but we do normally go for annual vacations. Would it be more viable to get annual policy?

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:56 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

I guess it depends on how many trip you intend to do, unless you travel with family 4 time a year, if not I believe individual trip insurance cheaper.
<p><span style="font-size: 10px;">骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。 </span></p>

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:59 AM

RH1667
  • Premium member
    RH1667
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If you already have multi-trip planned. just check how much it will cost if you purchase as single trip for these different trip, and if the total is close to the annual premium, then it would make sense to buy the annual trip travel insurance. 

Tianmo, FourZero, AltisOwner, Newbie26, Angcheek, Carbon82, Pocy and 1 other member praised this

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:04 AM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I always get Asia Annual plan nowadays becos my travels are mostly limited in Asia. Covers even my ad hoc malaysia road trips so makes it worth the while to get annual.. But I will avoid Allianz assurance since I mentioned in other threads that they do not cover delay in home country.

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:32 AM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I just bought china taiping insurance.

About s$150 for annual policy. Basic plan. Now got promo.

Covers these area. Which is good enough for me.

China : China, Taiwan, Hong Kong & Macau

Asean : Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Myanmar, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Brunei

Asia : South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, India
Othello praised this

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:41 AM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I just bought china taiping insurance.

About s$150 for annual policy. Basic plan. Now got promo.

Covers these area. Which is good enough for me.

China : China, Taiwan, Hong Kong & Macau

Asean : Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Myanmar, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Brunei

Asia : South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, India

Never good idea to buy basic plan.

Medical expenses & evacuation benefit might be too low.

Mcf777 praised this

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:59 AM

Neutrino
  • Neutrino
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Does 'annual' mean 365 days?

Or is it just say 60 days out of 365days???

There is no law without enforcement

Posted 26 December 2017 - 12:02 PM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

wah wish i could take a year off to go vacation too...

mcfers very good life one

😅😂

Posted 26 December 2017 - 12:10 PM

Cauldron
  • Cauldron
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Had a very bad experience with one of the big guy during tge claiming process.

Basically dealing with by the book claim exec.

If u have friends or insurance agents already serving u. My advise is buy thru them.

At least they can help u navigate the claim if touch wood need to trigger

Posted 27 December 2017 - 03:56 PM

ColinHo
  • ColinHo
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi guys, I would like to seek for your opinion in travel insurance. I am thinking of getting an annual travel insurance next year because I will be travelling to Korea, Vietnam and Bangkok next year. Already have 3 planned trips. Not to sure if annual will be more worth it in this scenario. 

of the 3 trips, what are their durations?

given that these 3 confirmed trips are all within Asia, you can consider annual travel insurance within Asia. Most of the reputable insurers should be within 200 - 300 range for the mid tier plan. As someone earlier had pointed out, I would not advice taking the lowest plan.

I should also say, for these 3 confirmed trips, if assuming each trip is one week, your total cost is about $120. Which means you would have to make another 3 more such trips in order to make it worth while from a expenditure point of view.

However, The perks of having annual insurance is the hassle free nature of it. Each trip originating from Singapore can last up to 90 days, no need to inform any one. Before the passing of 90 days, you must return to Singapore.

If you also happen to make short trips to batam or JB which people don't usually bother with travel insurance, this is an additional perk.

PM if you wish to find out more.

*just remember, if you do go ahead with the Asia region, just be mindful where you are covered and not covered, especially if you make multiple stops within one trip eg, singapore -> China -> Tibet, XXX no covered because while China is covered, Tibet is usually considered as worldwide plan rather than classified within Asia.

If you would like to find out more, just PM.

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:26 AM

tudorpapa
  • Premium member
    tudorpapa
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Happy new year guys! My this coming year itinerary are Japan, Australia and Thailand. Might be going China also. Not comfirm yet. 

All trips are less than 10 days. 

pChou praised this

Invest in a quality watch. It should always be part of your wardrobe. 

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:10 PM

BanCoe
  • BanCoe
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i took annual with AIG.... cost me like coming to SGD445 PER ANNUM and covers the whole world and was SUPERIOR plan its not the lowest or highest - mid way ; 'cos last time i used to pay like almost everytime $150 per trip and also this was the mid  range one;  Even if I'm just making a day trip to Malaysia or even Batam is fine too and covered  ; Actual amount (if you got connections) will be slightly cheaper than that; 'cos of discounting as I bought quite a number in one go; And no need the hassle to buy last minute rush rush; Recently my wife baggage got delayed and we got like $800 ($200 per every 6 hours) ' cos we got the bags back after 28 hours; Lucky 'cos of my wife... part of the premiums covered already....but of course we are looking at the bigger picture of securing ourselves     

Edited by BanCoe, 02 January 2018 - 12:11 PM.

Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:04 PM

ColinHo
  • ColinHo
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

If those are your only 3 trips, I would not find a need to purchase annual insurance, unless each of those trips are for a 3 weeks or more.

To be cost effective, you would probably have to make at least 6 trips, each trip lasting about 1 week.

I suggest taking up any one of the more reputable insurers for travel insurance. Most of them have ongoing discounts at the moment.

In summary, for those 3 trips, I would go with single trip insurance.

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:12 AM

Ravinged
  • Premium member
    Ravinged
    6th Gear
    Author Image

You need to know how many trips a year you will be taking to be able to justify the cost of an annual plan. It's actually a rather easy decision.

In 2017, I made over 10 trips in the entire financial year so if I were to buy individual insurance (used to get it off SAFRA since I am a member) and that cost about $29.90 per trip. Make it $30. Individual insurance purchase would have seen me spent almost close to $400 on travel insurance. However, I signed up with FWD for an annual plan at around $200+. This perfectly justify my annual plan over individual purchases of individual policies. And I needn't worry if I have to suddenly travel overseas even if it's via driving across the causeway. Chances are, you are reminded of travel insurance only if you are purchasing air tickets.

I made my first claim for my food poisoning in Jakarta while on a meeting there, claim came back pretty fast and the FWD team was very responsive to my queries. So I guess I got myself a good insurer.

Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:35 AM

Philipkee
  • Philipkee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Does 'annual' mean 365 days?

Or is it just say 60 days out of 365days???

From what I recall

Annual trip plan covers a twelve month period. Means you buy in Jan it expires in Dec. You buy in September, it expires in august.

Number of trips is up to you. You can travel one trip a day for entire year also no problem.

Per trip, from my experience, is max of 90 days. Cos when i went Israel that was the t&c. So if you wanna go for a one year long trip you need to look at the annual plan carefully. I went israel about two and a half months.

A trip means from and to Singapore. So you have to return to Singapore to be considered as having finished your trip. Cos example you left Singapore to USA then came straight to JB to live with in laws, your travel insurance might just expire since you never returned to Singapore then go JB as a new trip.

I buy annual plans if I forecast a lot of trips in that year or I have one big trip planned, like my round the world trip planned for June to Aug...

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:57 AM

Banz86
  • Premium member
    Banz86
    4th Gear
    Author Image

From what I recall

Annual trip plan covers a twelve month period. Means you buy in Jan it expires in Dec. You buy in September, it expires in august.

Number of trips is up to you. You can travel one trip a day for entire year also no problem.

Per trip, from my experience, is max of 90 days. Cos when i went Israel that was the t&c. So if you wanna go for a one year long trip you need to look at the annual plan carefully. I went israel about two and a half months.

A trip means from and to Singapore. So you have to return to Singapore to be considered as having finished your trip. Cos example you left Singapore to USA then came straight to JB to live with in laws, your travel insurance might just expire since you never returned to Singapore then go JB as a new trip.

I buy annual plans if I forecast a lot of trips in that year or I have one big trip planned, like my round the world trip planned for June to Aug...

Yes, I buy annual plans as well. i do plan which countries I will go this year and will buy according to regions.

You have to take note as mentioned by Philip that per trip cannot exceed 90 days. I calculated that if you travel a lot (included small trips to Malaysia), it is quite worth to get one.

I will be doing a 10 days to Japan, 3 weeks to the US, and many small trips therefore annual plans are good for me.

Back to Travel & Road Trips  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: annual, travel, inusrance, single and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users