Which Cars Will Be The Best Sellers Of 2018 ?

therock

Turbocharged

Civic's product manager in Honda must have thought of aidience from certain segment or a cartain markets somewhere. I am unable to see what the product manager sees. If any, it is likely those countries with heavy road tax for above 1000 cc car.

only if somehow it has power to carry that body around. 1.51litre already under power.so target for those who just want a body to show case lor. LTA shouldn't even consider allowing most of such cars for registration

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

This year will be a interesting yeat, no manufacturer is seen to have a new model in the pipeline that will be able to dominate the market, the same old few model which are mostly quite outdated will be competing for the position. Some see CHR as a potential, while the car looks nice, the small interior is limiting its market potential.

Altis too old, Ciciv too low, CHR too small.....

Edited by Ct3833

Supersonic

This year will be a interesting yeat, no manufacturer is seen to have a new model in the pipeline that will be able to dominate the market, the same old few model which are mostly quite outdated will be competing for the position. Some see CHR as a potential, while the car looks nice, the small interior is limiting its market potential.

Altis too old, Ciciv too low, CHR too small.....

Old and low are not important factors compared to space.

Supersonic

Thailand market different from Singapore la.

Civic will never be the top seller in Singapore. Top 3 maybe. 

Just a quick question, have anyone here have a friend which renewed coe for their korean makes or China brands? Cherry qq?

I can't seem to know any but I seem to know a lot which renewed their coe for Japan makes.

Maybe the Japanese makes buyers are poorer or the cars are simply better engineered to be more reliable due to the ease of finding spare parts. Non of my Japanese make cars actually broke down in their 10 years lease but my Merc broke down twice in the last 8 years.

So my personal opinion is the best selling car might not mean it is the best engineered car or most reliable, it is just reflecting that what the buyer is looking for at that time.

It can be price, it can be "value", it can be alot but based on a safe bet, most of the bb cars will find a spot in 2018.

Edited by CH_CO

Just a quick question, have anyone here have a friend which renewed coe for their korean makes or China brands? Cherry qq?

I can't seem to know any but I seem to know a lot which renewed their coe for Japan makes.

Maybe the Japanese makes buyers are poorer or the cars are simply better engineered to be more reliable due to the ease of finding spare parts. Non of my Japanese make cars actually broke down in their 10 years lease but my Merc broke down twice in the last 8 years.

So my personal opinion is the best selling car might not mean it is the best engineered car or most reliable, it is just reflecting that what the buyer is looking for at that time.

It can be price, it can be "value", it can be alot but based on a safe bet, most of the bb cars will find a spot in 2018.

Everyday I can easily spot few coe renew Korea cars like verna, get, picanto, avante, cerato. Maybe u don't know how to tell, their car plate start with SGx

Cseg_oct17.jpg

civic is top in thailand

Dseg_oct17.jpg

Wat? Post this also kana dislike??

Haha bro here Toyota loyalist thread la. Cannot post other brand

• Praise 1

Everyday I can easily spot few coe renew Korea cars like verna, get, picanto, avante, cerato. Maybe u don't know how to tell, their car plate start with SGx

On the road yes, do you know them that's the thing. That's reflective of the numbers.

On the road yes, do you know them that's the thing. That's reflective of the numbers.

i did a used car search in sgcarmart. "Hyundai", "2006 to 2007", 12 units of coe cars available. I did likewise for "toyota, i get 245. So answer is yes, ratio wise brand to brand comparison is 5%. But the korean brand reliability is getting better and better. They have put so many elantra on the road but hardly any complaints. Even Comfort is comfortably using their i40 as their workhorse like the trusty old boxy Toyota crown taxi. Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Heck la.

Why bother convincing people

To each his own

In fact these people are important to continue depressing the price of Koreans cars.

• Praise 2

True. But some of the korean cabs catch fire on the roads. There was also the issue of sudden unintended acceleration in the taxis.

i did a used car search in sgcarmart. "Hyundai", "2006 to 2007", 12 units of coe cars available. I did likewise for "toyota, i get 245. So answer is yes, ratio wise brand to brand comparison is 5%. But the korean brand reliability is getting better and better. They have put so many elantra on the road but hardly any complaints. Even Comfort is comfortably using their i40 as their workhorse like the trusty old boxy Toyota crown taxi.

only if somehow it has power to carry that body around. 1.51litre already under power.so target for those who just want a body to show case lor. LTA shouldn't even consider allowing most of such cars for registration

The 1.0L is turbocharged 3-cyl with 127bhp and the CVT auto does the century sprint in 10.8secs. Not all that underpowered. A 1.6L NA like Corolla/K3/Elantra does no better.

In Europe it competes with other 1.0L - 1.2L cars from VW group/PSA etc.

• Praise 1