• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
16 replies to this topic | 44 praises

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:48 AM

Mzhks
  • Premium member
    Mzhks
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi Guys,

Firstly, Merry Christmas and I hope you guys are enjoying the festive holidays!!

To start this, I've went down to view and test drive a Kia Cerato Forte Koup 2.0 yesterday at WCEGA Plaza, Top Carz / Pioneer Auto. (#02-55)

I was about to submit my particulars to purchase the car when I threw the question if Lemon Law is applied to this car.

The dealer said no and there isn't any lemon law applicable for their cars.

No reason was given when I ask and he just keep saying that their cars on sale has no lemon law.

Alternatively, I can get a 3rd party warranty for 6 months, which I have to service my car at their workshop if not the warranty is void.

On top of that, I would need to pay a premium for the warranty.

I have rejected the car purchase and would like to ask if anybody has encountered the exact situation with other dealers as he said in the market there are some who doesn't apply lemon law?

From what I know, lemon law should apply even if it doesn't state on the sales agreement or contract. But, if in the event the sales agreement states a clause that the vehicle is sold under "as it is" condition, then there will not be lemon law applicable.

Sincerely seek the community's advise or opinion on this. Thanks.

UncleAtas, Terrylmt and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:50 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

You did the right thing by walking away.
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:11 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • RogerNg_185295
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Buy from CASE accredited dealers. I am sure they say their cars are covered by lemon law.

Anyway you made a wise choice by walking away

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:19 PM

UncleAtas
  • Premium member
    UncleAtas
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Buy from CASE accredited dealers. I am sure they say their cars are covered by lemon law.

Anyway you made a wise choice by walking away

CASE accredited? [laugh]  [laugh]

Park 50k at one corner. Put the decal on storefront.

Use it to chop more carrots.

A case accredited carrot chopper! [bounce2]

Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:20 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • RogerNg_185295
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Between a CASE and None CASE dealer, the choice is obvious .

CASE accredited? [laugh]  [laugh]

Park 50k at one corner. Put the decal on storefront.

Use it to chop more carrots.

A case accredited carrot chopper! [bounce2]

Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:23 PM

UncleAtas
  • Premium member
    UncleAtas
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Just an example give you okay.

Would you buy from Mayfair(Casetrust) or VinCar?

Don't be so gullible with that decal lah... [laugh]

Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:29 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

well my used car purchased from Vincar is no sweat. 

I was constantly updated on all transactions with previous owner also requested his VRN back.

UncleAtas praised this

Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:31 PM

Leo72
  • Leo72
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi Guys,

Firstly, Merry Christmas and I hope you guys are enjoying the festive holidays!!

To start this, I've went down to view and test drive a Kia Cerato Forte Koup 2.0 yesterday at WCEGA Plaza, Top Carz / Pioneer Auto. (#02-55)

I was about to submit my particulars to purchase the car when I threw the question if Lemon Law is applied to this car.

The dealer said no and there isn't any lemon law applicable for their cars.

No reason was given when I ask and he just keep saying that their cars on sale has no lemon law.

Alternatively, I can get a 3rd party warranty for 6 months, which I have to service my car at their workshop if not the warranty is void.

On top of that, I would need to pay a premium for the warranty.

I have rejected the car purchase and would like to ask if anybody has encountered the exact situation with other dealers as he said in the market there are some who doesn't apply lemon law?

From what I know, lemon law should apply even if it doesn't state on the sales agreement or contract. But, if in the event the sales agreement states a clause that the vehicle is sold under "as it is" condition, then there will not be lemon law applicable.

Sincerely seek the community's advise or opinion on this. Thanks.

Very hard to apply lemon law if the car is under consignment meaning the car is consign by the owner to the company to help to sell. So lemon law doesn't apply to individual seller. But it's very hard to apply lemon law on the company unless you're rich.

Tailgater and road hogger, please stay away from me. Queue cutter, please cut queue behind me.

Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:39 PM

Mzhks
  • Premium member
    Mzhks
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Very hard to apply lemon law if the car is under consignment meaning the car is consign by the owner to the company to help to sell. So lemon law doesn't apply to individual seller. But it's very hard to apply lemon law on the company unless you're rich.

I understand that lemon law can't be applied to direct selling from owners to buyers or consignment vehicles.

So does it mean it's still subjected even when you buy directly from a dealer who have taken over the vehicle?

Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:54 PM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Just an example give you okay.

Would you buy from Mayfair(Casetrust) or VinCar?

Don't be so gullible with that decal lah... [laugh]

VinCar is good.
Even our new car bought from them in the past has not much problem s
UncleAtas praised this
I am in control of my life,and I lead it like how I want to.

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:36 AM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    Supercharged
    Author Image

when there's a will, there's a way !

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:29 AM

Liquidh
  • Liquidh
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Do not buy consignment cars unless it is substantially below market price or you know the car’s condition is immaculate.

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:17 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No diff la. Dealers hv been laughing in front of the toothless tiger’s face for the longest time
Hamburger praised this

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:46 AM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No diff la. Dealers hv been laughing in front of the toothless tiger’s face for the longest time

the CASE is not strong  :XD:

Hamburger praised this
Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
"Thank you for participating in the kdash social experiment."

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:12 AM

Eyke
  • Premium member
    Eyke
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

The dealer just trying to smoke u that they are somehow exempt from Lemon Law.

Dealer can include clauses saying whatever, but has no legal effect.

If confirm is dealer car and not consignment, then could have just bought and go ahead to claim under Lemon Law when necessary/applicable.

Only thing is if they already declared certain things are faulty and u accepted the faults, ie. did not demand they be fixed or agreed that dealer need not fix, then i think cannot claim Lemon Law for these faults.

Edited by Eyke, 12 February 2018 - 10:13 AM.

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:55 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Tons of grey area in lemon laws to begin with. How to excercise it?

Forget it lah, just ask for big discount and hope for the best.
Newbie26 praised this

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:22 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Just make sure it's within 6 months and the fault is not wishy washy type like noise that no one can hear type.

Also make sure an email is send and acknowledge. Means on the spot write and have dealer reply acknowledge.

Edited by Sdf4786k, 12 February 2018 - 11:23 AM.

Newbie26 praised this

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: lemonlaw, carpurchase, cardealer and 6 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users