Legit or dodgy?

Mockngbrd

As some of you know, i've been trying to sell off a car.
Not really hard-up for it, so i just left the ad on SGcarmart to run while i slowly tinker and do up the car even more in my own time.

This morning got a msg from

+65 8730 8002

"Hi I am Rey, got a buyer for your car at the price you are selling if you are keen we can close the deal this Friday.

- If I can match the deal can you pay me communication of $1000 ? 
- Just need to pay me $500 first so that I don't need to worry about my commition
- My buyer is buying in full cash and all paper work will be done on friday as well if the deal did not go thow I will return back your $500.
- I will don't cheat I don't want to go jail for this 

If you are ok with the deal we can deal friday at 3pm at 200 Jalan Sultan, #02-38 Textile Centre, 199018 with a car dealer"

so i ask if he is representing a dealer, since googling the address turns up a dealer name super easily...
(google his number if you want a surprise)

"[8:51 AM, 1/2/2018] +65 8730 8002: I am doing this freelance
[8:51 AM, 1/2/2018] +65 8730 8002: I got a car dealer to do all the paper work"

After a simple question of why not i just settle everything on friday instead... (Also not sure why pay full cash need any paperwork at all, since can just go LTA do transfer)

"Bro I am a 3the party have no lic to sell car even you never pay me I cannot do anything... I kenna by 5 car owner that's why I am doing this if you are not comfortable  with the deal let's drop the deal
Edited by Mockngbrd
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

1 word bro: Siamm far far

(ok ok that’s technically 3 words.....)

Edited by Soya
  • Praise 7

Twincharged

'show me the money!'

ask for full payment upfront then they can slowly settle the paperwork   [laugh]  [laugh]

i agree.. cash buyer then it is easy.

Meet at LTA to settle. all in cash or cashiers order.  but must see $$ first.. esle. another time waster.

Not really hard-up for it, so i just left the ad on SGcarmart to run while i slowly tinker and do up the car even more in my own time.

+65 8730 8002

so i ask if he is representing a dealer, since googling the address turns up a dealer name super easily...

After a simple question of why not i just settle everything on friday instead... (Also not sure why pay full cash need any paperwork at all, since can just go LTA do transfer)

imma calling it dodge... what do u think?

i call it a CON! try his luck to CON those not in the know, when you ask too many questions, then he decides to drop...

1 word bro: Siamm far far

(ok ok that’s technically 3 words.....)

You can put them into 1 word, "Siamfarfar".  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Which is what i will share with TS as well. 

• Praise 1

+65 8730 8002

chey i tot some lupsup topic

• Praise 2

Ask for his bank account and send to

High royal highness king prince of Nigeria

who has 10,000,000,000 to give away.  [thumbsup]

:D

• Praise 2

+65 8730 8002

I'm calling BOGUS bro.

Why pay $500 for no work done? Did he source someone to buy your car for you? Why didn't the interested party contact you directly then - since your info is published on SGCM? Why need to go through dealer - too much money to spend ah?

Too many loopholes here as you can see. Leaky as a colander.

Hypersonic

Obviously trying to con the $500 lor.

Pay first to nobody means no need to think. Tell him to get lost.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Nice try.... pre-payment for nothing done, just some msgs. better scam than beauty salon packages.

Anyone who really goes and pay him deserve to pay the school fees.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1