• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
47 replies to this topic | 112 praises

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:34 PM

Lmws214
  • Premium member
    Lmws214
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Another sad news of a traffic accident. 

2 Singaporeans killed in motorcycle crash in Thailand on New Year's Eve.

A horrific motorcycle crash in Thailand's southern Phatthalung province on New Year's Eve (Dec 31) has claimed the lives of a Singaporean couple.

Mr Ng Yong Sing, 27, was riding a motorcycle with Ms Vanalyn Png, 22, as his passenger when they were thrown into a three-metre deep drain at around 1.20pm.

Both victims were employees at the Select Group food and beverage chain.

Mr Ng was a business development executive who had recently received a scholarship from the company, while Miss Png started as a marketer less than six months ago.

http://www.asiaone.c...?xtor=EREC-16-4[Emarsys_Newsletter]-20180102&extid=6934d0cfb7b252f1ae9f0dbddf5ff88ca8637e77

http://www.straitsti...ash-in-thailand

Wishing all to BE SAFE on the roads.

Edited by Lmws214, 02 January 2018 - 01:37 PM.

Dleodleo praised this
Cheers,
Lmws214

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:06 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Another sad news of a traffic accident. 

2 Singaporeans killed in motorcycle crash in Thailand on New Year's Eve.

A horrific motorcycle crash in Thailand's southern Phatthalung province on New Year's Eve (Dec 31) has claimed the lives of a Singaporean couple.

Mr Ng Yong Sing, 27, was riding a motorcycle with Ms Vanalyn Png, 22, as his passenger when they were thrown into a three-metre deep drain at around 1.20pm.

Both victims were employees at the Select Group food and beverage chain.

Mr Ng was a business development executive who had recently received a scholarship from the company, while Miss Png started as a marketer less than six months ago.

http://www.asiaone.c...?xtor=EREC-16-4[Emarsys_Newsletter]-20180102&extid=6934d0cfb7b252f1ae9f0dbddf5ff88ca8637e77

http://www.straitsti...ash-in-thailand

Wishing all to BE SAFE on the roads.

RIP to the two victims.

I would not encourage anyone to ride a motorbike overseas. Even driving a car - which is safer - in foreign land represents some risks, and motorbikes are far riskier.

Given that we are not familiar with the traffic conditions, the direction, driving culture, the weather, etc etc., it is prudent to avoid riding motorbikes given they are so vulnerable.

Stay safe.

Earthboy praised this

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:28 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I rode abroad a few times, it's not easy.

unfamiliar bike, different climates, terrains, wrong side traffics, wet leaves or spilled diesel at the corners, half tennis ball size cateyes, pitch dark roads...

definitely much higher risk than driving
Dleodleo praised this

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:35 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

unfamiliar bike, different climates, terrains, wrong side traffics, wet leaves or spilled diesel at the corners, half tennis ball size cateyes, pitch dark roads...

What are cat eyes?

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:40 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    5th Gear
    Author Image

What are cat eyes?

it should be cat's eye 😅

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:40 PM

Jumpmanz
  • Premium member
    Jumpmanz
    5th Gear
    Author Image

What are cat eyes?

0d3069289f34721b8bd9e1ffb2a463ce--cute-c

Lala81 praised this

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:45 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    5th Gear
    Author Image

found the pic...

I got the shock of my life when I first saw them

They should call it Dragon's eye

cat+eye.jpg
Volvobrick praised this

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:48 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

found the pic...

cat+eye.jpg

These are on the road??? For what???

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:55 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

RIP.

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:56 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    5th Gear
    Author Image

These are on the road??? For what???

for lane marking in those mountain roads with no street lamp, they reflect the light from your vehicle like the cat eyes (literally) in the dark

cats-eyes-night.jpg
Atrecord praised this

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:58 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

for lane marking in those mountain roads with no street lamp, they reflect the light from your vehicle like the cat eyes (literally) in the dark

cats-eyes-night.jpg

Oh OK. Ha I don't drive in the mountains at night. No wonder I never see before. Normal b roads in other places don't have such things.

Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:04 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Oh OK. Ha I don't drive in the mountains at night. No wonder I never see before. Normal b roads in other places don't have such things.

they are not motorcycle friendly, if your tyres roll on one when taking a corner on a motorcycle, the bike will skid

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:06 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

SG roads also have cats eyes. just that we dont notice them too much due to the bright streetlights. 

eyes.jpg

found the pic...

cat+eye.jpg

this one looks very dangerous... definitely a hazard to both riders and drivers. 

Toyota Sienta 2009, Toyota Sienta 2017

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:10 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Cat eyes are a life saver at sharp bends in total darkness. 

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:20 PM

BabyBlade

Sometimes things in life are fated. Staying sheltered your whole life won't keep you alive forever, because the grim reaper  (eventually) comes knocking on everyone's door. But to die doing something you love, that's worth something at least.

As what I always feel, it's not about the quantity of life but the quality of life. An accident is unforeseen, but I would rather die doing something I love than die choking on a piece of fish ball, or die getting hit by a drunk driver.

Though I must say that I've seen photos of the accident bike, and to be traveling in wet weather with those bald tyres, is really unforgivable.

The moment anyone picks up motorcycling, you somehow know that your next ride could be your last ride. 

RIP to the deceased.

Carbon82, Sadan, Jamesc and 1 Anonymous member praised this
I like my hair messy, my life high, and my soul wild.

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:02 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Moderator you say until like that, I am not sure I want to ride this weekend...

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:09 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If you noticed, it's the young who died.

RIP

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:33 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Size more like dragon balls than eyes!

I think car rim can be damaged!

found the pic...

cat+eye.jpg

Posted 02 January 2018 - 06:47 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

And pot holes
Phang praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:11 PM

Piyopico
  • Piyopico
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

From pictures posted in HWZ the rear tyre is practically botak...........

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: killed, motorcycle, crash and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users