2 Singaporeans killed in motorcycle crash in Thailand

Lmws214

Another sad news of a traffic accident. 

2 Singaporeans killed in motorcycle crash in Thailand on New Year's Eve.

A horrific motorcycle crash in Thailand's southern Phatthalung province on New Year's Eve (Dec 31) has claimed the lives of a Singaporean couple.

Mr Ng Yong Sing, 27, was riding a motorcycle with Ms Vanalyn Png, 22, as his passenger when they were thrown into a three-metre deep drain at around 1.20pm.

Both victims were employees at the Select Group food and beverage chain.

Mr Ng was a business development executive who had recently received a scholarship from the company, while Miss Png started as a marketer less than six months ago.

http://www.asiaone.com/singapore/2-singaporeans-killed-motorcycle-crash-thailand-new-years-eve?xtor=EREC-16-4[Emarsys_Newsletter]-20180102&extid=6934d0cfb7b252f1ae9f0dbddf5ff88ca8637e77

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/2-sporeans-killed-in-motorbike-crash-in-thailand

Wishing all to BE SAFE on the roads.

Edited by Lmws214
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Another sad news of a traffic accident. 

2 Singaporeans killed in motorcycle crash in Thailand on New Year's Eve.

A horrific motorcycle crash in Thailand's southern Phatthalung province on New Year's Eve (Dec 31) has claimed the lives of a Singaporean couple.

Mr Ng Yong Sing, 27, was riding a motorcycle with Ms Vanalyn Png, 22, as his passenger when they were thrown into a three-metre deep drain at around 1.20pm.

Both victims were employees at the Select Group food and beverage chain.

Mr Ng was a business development executive who had recently received a scholarship from the company, while Miss Png started as a marketer less than six months ago.

http://www.asiaone.com/singapore/2-singaporeans-killed-motorcycle-crash-thailand-new-years-eve?xtor=EREC-16-4[Emarsys_Newsletter]-20180102&extid=6934d0cfb7b252f1ae9f0dbddf5ff88ca8637e77

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/2-sporeans-killed-in-motorbike-crash-in-thailand

Wishing all to BE SAFE on the roads.

RIP to the two victims.

I would not encourage anyone to ride a motorbike overseas. Even driving a car - which is safer - in foreign land represents some risks, and motorbikes are far riskier.

Given that we are not familiar with the traffic conditions, the direction, driving culture, the weather, etc etc., it is prudent to avoid riding motorbikes given they are so vulnerable.

Stay safe.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I rode abroad a few times, it's not easy.

unfamiliar bike, different climates, terrains, wrong side traffics, wet leaves or spilled diesel at the corners, half tennis ball size cateyes, pitch dark roads...

definitely much higher risk than driving

• Praise 1

unfamiliar bike, different climates, terrains, wrong side traffics, wet leaves or spilled diesel at the corners, half tennis ball size cateyes, pitch dark roads...

What are cat eyes?

Supercharged

found the pic...

I got the shock of my life when I first saw them

They should call it Dragon's eye

cat+eye.jpg

• Praise 1

found the pic...

cat+eye.jpg

These are on the road??? For what???

Supercharged

These are on the road??? For what???

for lane marking in those mountain roads with no street lamp, they reflect the light from your vehicle like the cat eyes (literally) in the dark

cats-eyes-night.jpg

• Praise 1

for lane marking in those mountain roads with no street lamp, they reflect the light from your vehicle like the cat eyes (literally) in the dark

cats-eyes-night.jpg

Oh OK. Ha I don't drive in the mountains at night. No wonder I never see before. Normal b roads in other places don't have such things.

Supercharged

Oh OK. Ha I don't drive in the mountains at night. No wonder I never see before. Normal b roads in other places don't have such things.

they are not motorcycle friendly, if your tyres roll on one when taking a corner on a motorcycle, the bike will skid

SG roads also have cats eyes. just that we dont notice them too much due to the bright streetlights. 

post-195148-0-79899100-1514880298.jpg

found the pic...

cat+eye.jpg

this one looks very dangerous... definitely a hazard to both riders and drivers. 

Internal Moderator

Sometimes things in life are fated. Staying sheltered your whole life won't keep you alive forever, because the grim reaper  (eventually) comes knocking on everyone's door. But to die doing something you love, that's worth something at least.

As what I always feel, it's not about the quantity of life but the quality of life. An accident is unforeseen, but I would rather die doing something I love than die choking on a piece of fish ball, or die getting hit by a drunk driver.

Though I must say that I've seen photos of the accident bike, and to be traveling in wet weather with those bald tyres, is really unforgivable.

The moment anyone picks up motorcycling, you somehow know that your next ride could be your last ride. 

RIP to the deceased.

• Praise 4

Size more like dragon balls than eyes!

I think car rim can be damaged!

found the pic...

cat+eye.jpg

And pot holes
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1