Doctor dies from suspected overwork after 18-hour shift

Lmws214

Turbocharged

bro I understand where you are coming from.

I see it as two different issue.

1. if standard was uniform and are high, there is no worries even if they drive Rolls Royce. Just like lawyers, many well established are in Ferrari club.

2. their posting and they are good agents,it may encourage people that be scrupulous still can make good income.

Most people unfortunately have bad experience with insurance and property agents. Commission based income inevitably often lead to self interest and sometimes at consumer expense. My agent friend tells me if you really follow everything by the book and be a gentleman with your colleagues in securing transaction, you probably have to eat grass. I understand.

Sorry I did not meant to argue with you but just want you to know that CEA has come a long way improving the industry.

In the 70's and 80's including the early 90's the industry was like cowboy town.

I understand your points , I am one that certainly support CEA moves. 

Edited by Icedbs
↡ Advertisement

At least you have time now to play with your grandson.

Is he going to pre-school soon?

i am not that old lei.....my son oni 24 and will gibe him till 28 to get married...

Alamak, I must have mixed you up with @Theoldjaffa :slow::secret-laugh:

hahaha.......its okay. My twin brother is expecting his 3rd child.......5, 3 and -1..........thats why i think i am still young..... Edited by Eviilusion

hahaha.......its okay. My twin brother is expecting his 3rd child.......5, 3 and -1..........thats why i think i am still young.....

Sg doc got so "good luck" bo ? :grin:

Good luck in term of monetary reward. However I believe should be long hours as well. Let me share my encounter.

Many years back. On Sunday morning admitted to sgh A&E for lightning and flashes. Doc diagnosed said I need to do a lazer immediately. So waited till 7pm plus after his shift end at a&e. Took an ambulance from A&e to nec (supper short trip haha hospital rule must follow). He asked the security guard open the 2nd or 3rd floor (I don't remember). Doc himself do the paper work and lazer. No nurse to assist. I Can see he is pretty novice in those admin paper work..hahaha anyway by the time I walk out from nec already 9pm plus.

Next day morning (monday) i reported back to nec. See the same doc around 10am. I did chat with the nurse how come my appt is 8.30am but still no sight of doc. The nurse said doc so..so..need to finish his ward review before coming to nec.

I was like wow. Yesterday whole day A&E. Left him around 9pm. Today morning before 9am already doing ward duties.

Respect.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

Alamak, I must have mixed you up with @Theoldjaffa :slow::secret-laugh:

Erm, did you get the wrong person?

I'm fresh out of uni and still looking for a job leh

Edited by Theoldjaffa
  • Praise 1

Huh, I thought you have a grandson?  :slow:

Then why Theoldjaffa?

Huh, I thought you have a grandson? :slow:

Then why Theoldjaffa?

No lah confirm not me.

My Nick is because of some old oranges that crumpled and dried up and was found under the seat of my father's car.

• Praise 1

i read newspaper.....nowadays people 70 plus also just earned a degree. Still can say fresh out of uni too!

No lah confirm not me.

My Nick is because of some old oranges that crumpled and dried up and was found under the seat of my father's car.

so you young or old?

No lah confirm not me.

confusing-tech-language.jpg

But when you argued with cscbb that time, you say you have a grandson.

What have I been reading these few months?

Or you are his son who just took over your father account?  :huh:

• Praise 2

confusing-tech-language.jpg

But when you argued with cscbb that time, you say you have a grandson.

What have I been reading these few months?

Or you are his son who just took over your father account? :huh:

I'm not too sure who is cscbb... Think u really got the wrong person dude