What actually happens when HDB confiscates your flat?

Lmws214

Twincharged

So once there is a precedence on how the G treat a 99 yrs expiring lease....I guess the market will react!

say the owners get "0" value when the lease expires and asked to vacant, then I believe the market value of these lease hold properties will fall!

People will then "see" these properties not an asset anymore...

and those which are 70 or 80 years old HDB blocks will have totally 0 value already as balance of 20-30 years is just too short to plough your hard earned money into these temp assets.

The problem currently general pple is facing is there is no precedence of what G does when the lese expires? I haven't read in the news that HDB asked owners to vacant enblock...and ask them to sleep on the streets...

iirc, my resale flat year of completion is 1986? ... i bought it when it was 18 years old and i was 35 ... so i guess i most probably won't find out.

only those in geylang will react as their houses only 60 yrs ...

↡ Advertisement

iirc, my resale flat year of completion is 1986? ... i bought it when it was 18 years old and i was 35 ... so i guess i most probably won't find out.

only those in geylang will react as their houses only 60 yrs ...

so you are 49 this year

Twincharged

LUP will delay SERS for at least 10 years. doesnt mean will not SERS forever.

its ok with me ... if they pay, i'll just move back to my parents place ... no issue... even my son can stay there for another 60-70 years !

so you are 49 this year

• Praise 1

i already asked before I bought my 3 room resale HDB in tampines ,,, agent told me since got LUP, then won't be in line for enbloc already.

Even have LUP if they want to SERS your block, they can still go ahead de. Dont think LUP would be the main factor affecting SERS although still one of the consideration factor la.

can still earn but everything goes back into CPF since its based on valuation price. then wait donkey years to be able to touch that money.

I doubt it's the valuation price. Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard it's your buying price. So if one bought it at 20k in the 1980s and it's worth 500k today, then it would really sting.

from moneysense:

The HDB usually offers some form of monetary compensation when flats are compensated, just so you aren’t left destitute. That’s the good news.

But it’s peanuts, and you will still lose money

The bad news is that this compensation isn’t going to be much.

You will be offered only the amount you originally paid for the flat, MINUS a penalty.

When you consider capital appreciation, you are actually losing a lot more than just the penalty.

If your flat is repossessed because you broke the rules, you can generally expect your compensation to be much lower than what you’d receive for selling it on the resale market.

https://blog.moneysmart.sg/property/hdb-confiscates-flat/the

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Even have LUP if they want to SERS your block, they can still go ahead de. Dont think LUP would be the main factor affecting SERS although still one of the consideration factor la.

my place very unlikely liow ... 2005 I buy was LUP ... then last year just completed another major upgrading ... redo all the toilets and change door and gate and clothes hanging arms ... then now got MRT just below and covered walkways ... I think my area should be a full stop already.

just in case you thinking where, its tampines st 23.

Edited by Ysc3

Twincharged

I doubt it's the valuation price. Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard it's your buying price. So if one bought it at 20k in the 1980s and it's worth 500k today, then it would really sting.

i just had a horrible thought !

I bought at 170k using CPF.

say in 30 years time, my accrued interest is say ...200k ...

but that time valuation only 350k ... then I still have to cough out 30k+ and forced to move out ??

and in 30 years time, dunno still got flat for 350k or not ?? (even for first timer?)

Twincharged

i just had a horrible thought !

I bought at 170k using CPF.

say in 30 years time, my accrued interest is say ...200k ...

but that time valuation only 350k ... then I still have to cough out 30k+ and forced to move out ??

and in 30 years time, dunno still got flat for 350k or not ?? (even for first timer?)

Yup. If I am not wrong, that is how it works. That is why, those who keep using their CPF to keep upgrading to bigger and bigger flats will have problems when it comes to retirement.

Yup. If I am not wrong, that is how it works. That is why, those who keep using their CPF to keep upgrading to bigger and bigger flats will have problems when it comes to retirement.

Actually if you buy BTO flat still not as bad as buying resale flat. Cause price for BTO in non-mature estate still cheaper as compared with resale flats.

my place very unlikely liow ... 2005 I buy was LUP ... then last year just completed another major upgrading ... redo all the toilets and change door and gate and clothes hanging arms ... then now got MRT just below and covered walkways ... I think my area should be a full stop already.

just in case you thinking where, its tampines st 23.

Your place unlikely to SERS not because your place have completed major LUP, but because Tampines estate quite unlikely to get SERS in near future. Since the flats there not say very old lo. There are tons of flats in other areas much more older than Tampines also no high chance of getting SERS.

Edited by 13177

Twincharged

Your place unlikely to SERS not because your place have completed major LUP, but because Tampines estate quite unlikely to get SERS in near future. Since the flats there not say very old lo. There are tons of flats in other areas much more older than Tampines also no high chance of getting SERS.

that is just as good for me ... at least don't have worry about moving until I die ... got a place to stay can already.

Suggest to LTA to build more MRT underneath lor. will have good chance...

Flats get SERS higher chance if they want to build MRT or expressway at your place. Like rochor centre hdb, they have to make way for the North-South expressway which no one can predict. Lol.

Flats get SERS higher chance if they want to build MRT or expressway at your place. Like rochor centre hdb, they have to make way for the North-South expressway which no one can predict. Lol.

really kena 射死  haha... 

• Praise 1

Supercharged

So once there is a precedence on how the G treat a 99 yrs expiring lease....I guess the market will react!

say the owners get "0" value when the lease expires and asked to vacant, then I believe the market value of these lease hold properties will fall!

People will then "see" these properties not an asset anymore...

and those which are 70 or 80 years old HDB blocks will have totally 0 value already as balance of 20-30 years is just too short to plough your hard earned money into these temp assets.

The problem currently general pple is facing is there is no precedence of what G does when the lese expires? I haven't read in the news that HDB asked owners to vacant enblock...and ask them to sleep on the streets...

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/housing/govt-taking-back-191-homes-in-geylang-when-lease-ends

LUP will delay SERS for at least 10 years. doesnt mean will not SERS forever.

Don't assume every precinct will get SERS. The govt has already stated clearly before. Only selected areas will have the possibility.

There is still a possibility that the leaseholders can hold the property until the 99 year lease is up.

Don't assume every precinct will get SERS. The govt has already stated clearly before. Only selected areas will have the possibility.

There is still a possibility that the leaseholders can hold the property until the 99 year lease is up.

i know that not every precinct will get SERS. which is why i say HDB has to come up with something else.

i know that not every precinct will get SERS. which is why i say HDB has to come up with something else.

If house owner afraid then they have to keep moving house lo. Lol. Anyway, garment should say majority precinct would not get SERS lo, cause they are simply way too many old flats here which dont think garment is able to SERS even half of them even they wanted to?! Like i said before, there are simply too little SERS announced esp recent years, so it seems like SERS project is not in their top list at all.

↡ Advertisement