What actually happens when HDB confiscates your flat?

Lmws214

If house owner afraid then they have to keep moving house lo. Lol. Anyway, garment should say majority precinct would not get SERS lo, cause they are simply way too many old flats here which dont think garment is able to SERS even half of them even they wanted to?! Like i said before, there are simply too little SERS announced esp recent years, so it seems like SERS project is not in their top list at all.

yup which is why people should not buy old flats and hope for SERS.

i would like to think that MND and HDB have something in mind besides SERS. let the ministers and scholars rack their brains haha...

↡ Advertisement

So is true then!!! Our hdb is not an asset...

Better go msia and buy a freehold property...knn.

Just when you thot you are retiring and want to enjoy life, suddenly this thing happens and you are without a roof over your head!

At this old age, what can you do???

• Praise 1

yup which is why people should not buy old flats and hope for SERS.

i would like to think that MND and HDB have something in mind besides SERS. let the ministers and scholars rack their brains haha...

But some people buy old flats not hoping for SERS but for location. Since mature estate and good location are usually old flats.

Edited by 13177

Supercharged

Just when you thot you are retiring and want to enjoy life, suddenly this thing happens and you are without a roof over your head!

pray u die b4 lease runs out...

But some people buy old flats not hoping for SERS but for location. Since mature estate and good location are usually old flats.

yes which is what i did haha...

pray u die b4 lease runs out...

The best is buy a longer lease property for various reasons.

If you are 30 and buy one with 95 years lease, there is close to zero chance to ever see the lease reach zero.

Yes tiong bahru.

If tiong bahru hdb cost 700k, how much do you think the condo opposite costs?

Smaller unit and low floor start 1.2/3 mil. Potential investment opportunity. Rental yield high. Forgotten the details. Years ago liao. I was invited to their launch years back. So go there walk walk see see. Haha

Issue is not lack of land, it is lack of construction capacity.

In recent years, there is a housing shortage - If use the capacity to do SERS, build one block and knock down one block, net effect is 0 extra housing created. Use for BTO, net effect is one extra block.

Actually I disagreed on knock down one and build one new equal zero effect.

Old block higher 10plus floor.look at havelock green. 35floor. Apparently those not only from the zion road enblock stretch.

its ok with me ... if they pay, i'll just move back to my parents place ... no issue... even my son can stay there for another 60-70 years !

my maths very POOR one ... don't confuse me ...

Actually I love my current corner unit. Size definitely bigger than new 4 room.

By the way central green opp TB plaza only cost 600k when it was newly launched. Now probably cost more than a mil. Miss that opportunity as I was away from sing.sigh

Let me know if you are keen :a-happy:

At the CC or around bloc post office stretch? CC stretch cost more. The size as big as 5 room.

Many units there turn into office space.

Edited by Kopites

It very much depend on age group. Young couple probably buy an old unit hoping for enbloc. Old people like me hope it won't get enbloc.

Opposite the hawker centre.

Than don't sell. Hold on for a year or two. When the havelock MRT open it will fetch even higher price.

My advise not to sell. Once you move out of mature estate pretty hard to move back unless going private.

Rent out the whole unit can easily fetch you 1.5 to 2k per month. Let your mom stay with you presume your current place has lift landing. Imagine monthly rental income of 1.5k to 2k without even needing to lay a finger.

Edited by Kopites

It very much depend on age group. Young couple probably buy an old unit hoping for enbloc. Old people like me hope it won't get enbloc.

Then this young people better save up for their next flat because they are just gambling the risk that the flat will be enbloc-ed, which in most cases won't but take back by the govt with zero value. Then blame the govt for their missed chance to make quick bucks. 

They completely missed the point of the initial mission of HDB and public housing here. 

Turbocharged

Bro....knowing that the property is 99 years lease, you are suppose to plan for its investment returns if you are looking at it as an investment vehicle. However, there are also people who just buy it due to location, size, etc...they are not concern about whether it  has investment returns or not.

I know it is natural that people wants the cake and eat it too but many things in life doesn't happen that way. Just like everybody wants cheap and good services, but they often don't go together. 

99 years is still a long time to plan, hdb can still provide good rental returns if you know how to structure your property portfolio.

Than don't sell. Hold on for a year or two. When the havelock MRT open it will fetch even higher price.

My advise not to sell. Once you move out of mature estate pretty hard to move back unless going private.

Rent out the whole unit can easily fetch you 1.5 to 2k per month. Let your mom stay with you presume your current place has lift landing. Imagine monthly rental income of 1.5k to 2k without even needing to lay a finger.

Move out of mature estate indeed not easy to move back, cause if want move back needs to buy old flat which is not recommended, if buy newer flat, price too expensive.

True, old people or first owner of the old flat who have stay there more than 35 years would not want their flat to get enbloc de. Cause they dont want to move to new area or adopt to new neighbour etc. 

Twincharged

True, old people or first owner of the old flat who have stay there more than 35 years would not want their flat to get enbloc de. Cause they dont want to move to new area or adopt to new neighbour etc. 

I donno if I qualify for old ... but I really like my location and its near to schools which I am hoping my boy can go to .... and it will be very convenient.

I donno if I qualify for old ... but I really like my location and its near to schools which I am hoping my boy can go to .... and it will be very convenient.

Actually if nearby your house got empty land, even if it got enbloc, the replacement site also would not be too far away la.

The HDB idea started well but it turns into a money milking machine. Greet cause it to be a monster today and burden to the future generations.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1