What has the world turned into? Man steals dying boy’s phone

Lmws214

Very sad. I am thinking what has the world we are living in has become or turned into? Such an incident has happened.

Man steals dying boy’s phone: Victim's brother tried to call him after seeing photos of accident.

JOHOR BARU: The elder brother of 16-year-old accident victim Muhammad Haikal Ahmad had frantically tried to call him for over an hour after photos of an accident victim, which resembles his sibling, were forwarded to him.

Unknown to Zaiful Ahmad, 43, his brother's phone had been stolen by a man who pretended to help him after he was knocked down by a van.

Zaiful, who is self-employed, said his worst fears were confirmed by police who called his family.

His grief, he said, had been made worse by the disturbing news about the thief who stole his dying brother's handphone.

Muhammad Haikal, a student of SMK Aminuddin Baki, was involved in an accident near a shopping complex along Jalan Tun Abdul Razak here at about 1.40pm yesterday.

Zaiful said he felt uneasy after viewing the photos that were forwarded to him by his brother-in-law. He wished someone at the scene had answered his calls.

"We could have found out what happened earlier or rushed to see him," he said when met at the Hospital Sultanah Aminah mortuary here.

He described Muhammad Haikal, who is the youngest of five siblings, as being shy.

Zaiful admitted that Muhammad Haikal would sometimes ride the motorcycle without permission.

"My father usually sent him to school, but today, he rushed off because he was late for school," he said, adding his brother was on the way home when the accident occurred.

Muhammad Haikal was supposed to get his motorcycle licence this year.

His parents were too distraught to speak, while family members, teachers and friends were seen sobbing at the mortuary.

Earlier, an eyewitness known only as Harry, 25, posted a photo and an account of what happened on Facebook.

"His head was bleeding a lot and all of us were trying to help him and there comes this guy all of a sudden checking the boy's phone to call the parents but he took the phone and ran away.

"We could not catch the heartless thief," he said, adding that the boy was still alive but died a few minutes later.

When contacted Johor Baru South OCPD Asst Comm Shahurinain Jais said investigations were ongoing.

ACP Shahurinain said the 54-year-old driver has been arrested for reckless driving.

↡ Advertisement

I heard this is not unusual at accident site in Malaysia, where people are helping themselves to the victims belongings.

• Praise 2

why so surprise? it probably happen everyday in china and some other country   [rolleyes]  [rolleyes]

i've seen some CCTV videos also, not an uncommon occurrence in europe or other countries

That's why i say singaporeans are not really so zhek ark compared to some bad apples in many countries 

Edited by Lala81

i've seen some CCTV videos also, not an uncommon occurrence in europe or other countries

That's why i say singaporeans are not really so zhek ark compared to some bad apples in many countries 

agree. SG is not too bad la... 

That's becoz a lot of Singaporeans are well off. Owning a phone or two is common. Other countries a lot of ppl live in poverty. We don't see it coz we live in a world of our own...more or less. Ppl here talk about COE and property prices locally and overseas. Other ppl from other parts of the world can hardly make ends meet.

We judge others rather harshly but if we think about it what compels a robber to rob a dying person? Is he really desperate or is he doing it for fun/pleasure? Maybe some kinda drug addict or something. I think desperation drive ppl to do their worse.

Edited by Watwheels

That's becoz a lot of Singaporeans are well off. Owning a phone or two is common. Other countries a lot of ppl live in poverty. We don't see it coz we live in a world of our own...more or less. Ppl here talk about COE and property prices locally and overseas. Other ppl from other parts of the world can hardly make ends meet.

Yup of course. We are lucky to live in relative affluence.

I've seen one video whereby some guy had a seizure and this person came over pretend to help him and pocketed the phone.

Yup of course. We are lucky to live in relative affluence.

I've seen one video whereby some guy had a seizure and this person came over pretend to help him and pocketed the phone.

some sells their virginity for an iphone hor....

If the Chinese has an idiom for this kinda thing to happen means it has been around for donkey years given their rich history and culture. FYI the world has be like that for ages.

to take advantage of somebody's misfortune to loot

乘火打劫

↡ Advertisement