• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
109 replies to this topic | 275 praises

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:29 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Dentist son needs to pay back mother for school and upbringing fees.

https://www.channeln...828752#cxrecs_s

What a highly dysfunctional family. The mother can't trust her own parenting skill for her children to have some modicum of fillial piety and support her in old age. Need to have them sign contract when they are so young.

This woman sounds highly toxic.

she may have gotten her compensation. But she'll spend the last years of her life alone. worth it meh  :mellow:

Staff69, RH1667 and Arogab praised this

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:30 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

What a highly dysfunctional family. The mother can't trust her own parenting skill for her children to have some modicum of fillial piety and support her in old age. Need to have them sign contract when they are so young.

she may have gotten her compensation. But she'll spend the last years of her life alone. worth it meh  :mellow:

You think if she didn't ask for the money, she would be spending the last years in their company?  [laugh]

Actually, is there really a legal basis for this contract? I thought a contract always had to have some quid pro quo?

Edited by Kusje, 03 January 2018 - 04:32 PM.

That is all.

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:42 PM

Staff69
  • Staff69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

she may have gotten her compensation. But she'll spend the last years of her life alone. worth it meh :mellow:

boss

sometimes very hard to comment on family matters

since the son signed it and wasn't force

let the spirit of the contract take effects then

dentist earn quite alot so...chicken feet to him 😁😁
your social circles aren't wide enough if you think i am rich

Don't worry if plan A fails, there are 25 more letters in the alphabet.

Never let your friends get lonely... 🧐keep disturbing them.

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:43 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You think if she didn't ask for the money, she would be spending the last years in their company?  [laugh]

Actually, is there really a legal basis for this contract? I thought a contract always had to have some quid pro quo?

i dunno.

But when the child is still an adolescent, instead of teaching them about filial piety, u make them sign contract  [hur]

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:44 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

sounds like the two sons really ignore her and not giving her money, she has to resort to suing them.

Mustank praised this
éª‘ç™½é©¬çš„ä¸ä¸€å®šæ˜¯çŽ‹å ï¼Œå¯èƒ½æ˜¯å”åƒ§ï¼›å¸¦ç¿…è†€çš„ä¹Ÿä¸ä¸€å®šæ˜¯å¤©ä½¿ï¼Œæœ‰æ—¶å€™æ˜¯é¸Ÿäººã€‚

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:47 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

boss

sometimes very hard to comment on family matters

since the son signed it and wasn't force

let the spirit of the contract take effects then

dentist earn quite alot so...chicken feet to him 😁😁

eh this article don't show all the details. It's not so simple.

From what i read from another article, the mother operates a dental clinic and her sons used to work for her.

http://www.bbc.com/n...d-asia-42542260

sounds like the two sons really ignore her and not giving her money, she has to resort to suing them.

this woman not so simple.

Read the bbc article and what the son said. The son worked for her clinic for years.

Edited by Lala81, 03 January 2018 - 04:47 PM.

Beregond praised this

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:48 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Heng, in Singapore, no need expensive lawyer to sign contract. We made it a law here to enforce filial piety. 😁😁
Atrecord and Mustank praised this

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:52 PM

Staff69
  • Staff69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

From what i read from another article, the mother operates a dental clinic and her sons used to work for her.

Read the bbc article and what the son said. The son worked for her clinic for years.

so she pimping the sons 😂😂😂😂

ok lar . if mother operators dental clinic

just work and hope the old hag dies then take over everything....opppsss did i said that out loud 😁😁😁
your social circles aren't wide enough if you think i am rich

Don't worry if plan A fails, there are 25 more letters in the alphabet.

Never let your friends get lonely... 🧐keep disturbing them.

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:59 PM

Mason016
  • Mason016
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Well, she got her return on her investment.  Then again, its not exactly uncommon here.  Just the question of what is the price.

I've heard of a family who told their daughter in law and son to give birth to 3 kids and the "contract" was:

First kid, get 2 cars of their choice.

Second kid, wife gets x amount of money monthly.

Third kid, detached house gets handed over to them legally plus 2 maids to take care of the house and kids. 

If no third kid, by the time they turn age 40, they get evicted. 

[lipsrsealed]

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:01 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Well, she got her return on her investment.  Then again, its not exactly uncommon here.  Just the question of what is the price.

I've heard of a family who told their daughter in law and son to give birth to 3 kids and the "contract" was:

Third kid, detached house gets handed over to them legally plus 2 maids to take care of the house and kids. 

[lipsrsealed]

with family like this, who needs enemies  [shocked]

Atrecord, Kurumanbo and Vratenza praised this

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:09 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

[lipsrsealed]

waa so far i have only heard of situations where the couple who does not want kids, reaches a "deal" with the parents to have kids on condition that the parents help to take care of the grandkids... 

Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
PSA: Get car cam if you still have not done so...
PSA2: Apply for vCashcard...

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:11 PM

Lotr8445r
  • Lotr8445r
    4th Gear
    Author Image

she may have gotten her compensation. But she'll spend the last years of her life alone. worth it meh :mellow:

Btw, based on monetary, how much should it cost typically for 20 years of up bringing alone? Ty

Edited by Lotr8445r, 03 January 2018 - 05:12 PM.

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:12 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

saw this para from the article. wonder if any country in the world has such a law? 

Cases of abuse and abandonment of senior citizens have been on the rise in Taiwan in recent years, prompting calls for a law to jail adults who fail to look after their elderly parents although it is yet to pass.

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:14 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

she probably feel insecure after divorcing with the husband, and happen both child were boy, 男人都是靠不住的!  [laugh]  [laugh]   

saw this para from the article. wonder if any country in the world has such a law? 

china have, singapore also have.

Staff69 and RH1667 praised this
éª‘ç™½é©¬çš„ä¸ä¸€å®šæ˜¯çŽ‹å ï¼Œå¯èƒ½æ˜¯å”åƒ§ï¼›å¸¦ç¿…è†€çš„ä¹Ÿä¸ä¸€å®šæ˜¯å¤©ä½¿ï¼Œæœ‰æ—¶å€™æ˜¯é¸Ÿäººã€‚

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:17 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

she probably feel insecure after divorcing with the husband, and happen both child were boy, 男人都是靠不住的!  [laugh]  [laugh]   

china have, singapore also have.

thanks  [thumbsup]

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:24 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Heng, in Singapore, no need expensive lawyer to sign contract. We made it a law here to enforce filial piety. 😁😁

But hor... not 100% lor.

I have an uncle who will not want to report his family/son for what we feel is lack of care, as he doesn't want to bring embarrassment to the family.

And i am sure there are still lots of elderly patients in hospitals, when they are due for discharge, got no one to go bring them home, and pay for the hospital bills... I have seen such cases where children stay in landed property one...

Ender praised this

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:31 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

waa so far i have only heard of situations where the couple who does not want kids, reaches a "deal" with the parents to have kids on condition that the parents help to take care of the grandkids... 

But this one is soooooooo widespread and common here in SG. It's almost an unwritten rule for many people.

My mother helped to take care of both my kids after they were born. I didn't have to open contract talks or negotiate with my mother. That time just asked, and she agreed right away...

For that i - and my wife - have been very grateful.

I have M'sian colleagues who do not have parents/in-laws here. Without extended family support, looking after their young kids was a big challenge. In fact, they left the kids with the parents in JB on weekdays, and go in to see the kids only on weekends. Brought them out only when they needed to go childcare.

Sturtles and Mustank praised this

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:34 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thought dentistry is one of the better proffession so shouldnt she be better off at old age. Its sad when i read this kind of story. I raised my children because i love them with no strings attached......i even feels paisey when my son comes back and buy for us things and meals.
Together We stand Alone

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:38 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

But this one is soooooooo widespread and common here in SG. It's almost an unwritten rule for many people.

My mother helped to take care of both my kids after they were born. I didn't have to open contract talks or negotiate with my mother. That time just asked, and she agreed right away...

I have M'sian colleagues who do not have parents/in-laws here. Without extended family support, looking after their young kids was a big challenge. In fact, they left the kids with the parents in JB on weekdays, and go in to see the kids only on weekends. Brought them out only when they needed to go childcare.

i agree bro, but i'm referring to the root motivation for having kids. it should be the parents' choice and willingness to have and raise kids, rather than the grandparents' wishes. 

i am also very grateful to my parents for helping to take care of my kids. without them it would be very tough. 

i have a senior colleague who keeps on complaining that he regrets having his son, due to the trouble, financial commitment etc... imagine how the son feels whenever he hears his dad complain about him... i have tried to reason with this colleague before, but he doesnt listen... 

Thought dentistry is one of the better proffession so shouldnt she be better off at old age. Its sad when i read this kind of story. I raised my children because i love them with no strings attached......i even feels paisey when my son comes back and buy for us things and meals.

agree bro. and this unconditional love is reciprocated by your kids which is why they buy things for you and your wife etc... 

which beckons one to wonder what the conditions for raising up of the 2 sons were like in the case of the article... 

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:45 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My son and daughter had never been taken by any others before.....well, my son was taken care by my mum for lesser than 6 month but our daughter.....100% by the 2 of us.

i agree bro, but i'm referring to the root motivation for having kids. it should be the parents' choice and willingness to have and raise kids, rather than the grandparents' wishes.

i am also very grateful to my parents for helping to take care of my kids. without them it would be very tough.

i have a senior colleague who keeps on complaining that he regrets having his son, due to the trouble, financial commitment etc... imagine how the son feels whenever he hears his dad complain about him... i have tried to reason with this colleague before, but he doesnt listen...

agree bro. and this unconditional love is reciprocated by your kids which is why they buy things for you and your wife etc...

which beckons one to wonder what the conditions for raising up of the 2 sons were like in the case of the article...

Mother most probably not so simpur kind and oni see dollars and cents. Most probably very calculative when raising her kids and very domineering....
Together We stand Alone

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: mother, compensation, dentist and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users