Kopi

Extremme

(edited)

Tongkat Ali coffee ð

On the west side ...... tried one stall at ABC (can't remember stall name), good ððð

Wow ABC a lot of coffee stalls Edited by Extremme
↡ Advertisement

Wow ABC a lot of coffee stalls ð

Nothing near lakeside or Boon Lay?

One stall at ABC ....... not every stall there good right?

Lakeside or Boon Lay is further than JB from my place

post-170514-0-24846000-1515297500_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Blk 216 Bedok North HC, there is one stall facing the town garden, queue everyday!

Saw the G7 instant coffee in sachet in new packaging. Almost bought, but was taken aback when I saw the ingredients' content - something like "simulated coffee flavouring". Then, I put it back on the shelf. But, it's an "honest" coffee, at least they declared it.

That one I saw too. I didn't buy because of the flavouring!

There is one 3-in-1 version, Strongx2, not bad!

Not this. The sachet is stick type, not square pack. Not sure if this type has the simulated flavouring or not. Have been taking this version without the Viet wordings for a year. Start to loose taste over it. That's why making a change. Noticed it leaves a very strong personal coffee smell over my head and hair. Can smell it when I wash hair, but can't smell it when drinking. [laugh]

Lakeside or Boon Lay is further than JB from my place

(edited)

Lakeside or Boon Lay is further than JB from my place ð

Is it this one? All Viet words ...... which one describes 'simulated coffee flavouring'?

I tried that Viet coffee. Personal taste....I don’t fancy it at all Edited by Extremme

I have been referring to the bigger packet one which I can only find it so far at the Thai supermarket at Golden Mile in SG. The smaller packet one is more easy available in SG, but I don't like its taste at all. They are 2 different types and of different taste.

post-170514-0-33235100-1515301474_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Saw the G7 instant coffee in sachet in new packaging. Almost bought, but was taken aback when I saw the ingredients' content - something like "simulated coffee flavouring". Then, I put it back on the shelf. But, it's an "honest" coffee, at least they declared it.

"Honest" coffee also can buy from Mac.  [laugh]

cHgh5lC.png

• Praise 3

For me, kopi is kopi, and coffee (barista pull type, V60, syphon brew) is coffee. I don't compare between the 2 because the compositions and extraction methods are different. 

Kopi is made from robusta beans, mixed with corn (as a cheap filler) , sugar, margarine and other flavourings. A cup made with a sock filter and served O or with evaporated/condensed milk. 

Coffee should be 100% arabica beans, freshly roasted to be served < 2 weeks old, ground just before serving and extracted under pressure with espresso machine or drip extracted. If milk is added, it should be fresh milk frothed with steam, and poured quickly either to mix well, or to retain head of froth (for cappucino and latte).

The price difference of $1 for kopi and $6 for coffee reflects the difference in manufacturing a cup.

I enjoy both equally, although my standards for coffee is a lot higher due to the premium price. When I am about to pay $6 for a cup of coffee, I will test the beans first for freshness and roasting perfection. If fail, I walk away. Assuming the beans pass the test, then I watch the barista at work. To see how he tamps, whether he heats the cup first with hot water, how he froths the fresh milk before pouring into the extracted espresso. I can say that out there, 90% of the baristas are not doing it correctly to make it worth paying $6 a cup.

Worse still, there are outlets charging $5 a cup for coffee coming out of an automatic machine where the waiter just presses a button or an uncalibrated machine.

Rightfully, a grinder should be re-calibrated with every new batch of beans.  Barista should check for crema and under/over extraction with the grain size setting.    

• Praise 11

Personally prefer kopi but ok for AM style coffee or 3in1 as long as not "drain water" standard...

one of my personal favourite stalls which i went recently is Shuang Man at Bukit Merah Central food centre.

post-195148-0-23448700-1515308065_thumb.jpg

• Praise 4

say what you like, do what you like, but the fact is 3-in-1 kopi, where ever  it is from, whatever language written on the back, are just blended with all kinds of chemicals to give you that taste you want.

What is the main ingredient? sugar and non dairy cream and the rest are just chemicals made to taste.

coffee? yah mayb 1% coffee, and is instant coffee. 

Malaysia, Vietnam or china 3-in-1 kopi, sad to say all same same.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 6

say what you like, do what you like, but the fact is 3-in-1 kopi, where ever it is from, whatever language written on the back, are just blended with all kinds of chemicals to give you that taste you want.

What is the main ingredient? sugar and non dairy cream and the rest are just chemicals made to taste.

coffee? yah mayb 1% coffee, and is instant coffee.

Malaysia, Vietnam or china 3-in-1 kopi, sad to say all same same. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Yup 3 in 1 is is just nah

teck whye Zong hua coffee shop beside Seng siong there. the coffee is always fresh, Frist brew is the best and then with the Da bao from the opp stall. A happy meal for me

haha

teck whye Zong hua coffee shop beside Seng siong there. the coffee is always fresh, Frist brew is the best and then with the Da bao from the opp stall. A happy meal for me

haha

OK will take note haha at least Teck Whye is still west.

Most critical step for any good kopi is must rinse the cup with hot water before serving the kopi..

This shows the sincerity in brewing a nice cup of kopi for customer..

Coffee Hut at Jalan Berseh HC kopi not bad..

Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 10

Turbocharged

Put opium inside and still can sell for the same price?!

maybe not opium... but sanitary pad like the old satay club rumours, if you have heard of it before [sly][dead] [dead]

maybe not opium... but sanitary pad like the old satay club rumours, if you have heard of it before [sly][dead] [dead]

Get indo maids to do it! :XD:

↡ Advertisement