• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
91 replies to this topic | 370 praises

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:40 PM

Karoon
  • Premium member
    Karoon
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I get that they have their uses... they take care of mosquitoes etc but i don't look forward to

a.  having their bacteria-rich poo scattered around the shelves

b. having a jolt when a fat wriggly one pops out when i open a kitchen cabinet door

old timers mentioned placing tobacco around their hideouts but those things cost a bomb these days.

those sticky traps are disgusting and its a no for me... its a painful death and i squirm when having to remove them, stuck, usually starving and still alive

smacking with a rolled up newspaper would leave a disgusting mess 

Any tips?

Mustank and Carmour praised this

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:18 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

they will leave when there is no more food for them or they become others food

I have a few recipes for lizard if you want 😎

seriously, I think the sticky trap is the best, just don't peep inside the trap when you retrieve and discard it

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:27 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

I like them [laugh]
éª‘ç™½é©¬çš„ä¸ä¸€å®šæ˜¯çŽ‹å ï¼Œå¯èƒ½æ˜¯å”åƒ§ï¼›å¸¦ç¿…è†€çš„ä¹Ÿä¸ä¸€å®šæ˜¯å¤©ä½¿ï¼Œæœ‰æ—¶å€™æ˜¯é¸Ÿäººã€‚

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:33 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

they exist to protect us from mozzie.

they are my friends. So we live together in harmony.

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:34 PM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

use hand catch then release into your neighbours’ homes

that is most merciful

😂
lausai88, Volvobrick and Atrecord praised this

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:35 PM

lausai88
  • Premium member
    lausai88
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

invite this guy to your house  [furious]  [furious]  

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:48 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Not to mention they are noisy too.

Geckos in my home don't get to live long. They get the flame-thrower treatment (insecticide and lighter) (becareful not to burn down your home). You will see them really make an effort to run really fast. They will not come back if they escape. Those who didn't get crushed by my feet or palms. The flame thrower treatment is just to make them panic. I don't burn them. I'm not a sadist. It's effective coz they like to hide in narrow spaces. Flames can reach narrow spaces...You can even blind and disorientate them with the insecticide.

(by spraying the insecticide over the flame tip you have a mini flame thrower. Instant kill for cockroach, flies or mozzies, scares the sh!t out of geckos).

I crushed 2 geckos accidentally using the bedroom door(hinge part) during my lifetime. Recently I hear some egg crackling and I realise actually it's the poor bugger's skull got crushed by the door. The first one totally got flatten when I accidentally slam the door. I'm a nightmare to them. My home very rarely got gecko. If have, like I said they don't get to live long.

If you want to be merciful you will have to come up with innovative ways.

Edited by Watwheels, 07 January 2018 - 10:07 PM.

Atrecord, Mkl22 and BabyBlade praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:01 PM

Easyrider
  • Premium member
    Easyrider
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I get that they have their uses... they take care of mosquitoes etc but i don't look forward to

a.  having their bacteria-rich poo scattered around the shelves

b. having a jolt when a fat wriggly one pops out when i open a kitchen cabinet door

old timers mentioned placing tobacco around their hideouts but those things cost a bomb these days.

those sticky traps are disgusting and its a no for me... its a painful death and i squirm when having to remove them, stuck, usually starving and still alive

smacking with a rolled up newspaper would leave a disgusting mess 

Any tips?

Get a cat to do the dirty work for you! [laugh] [laugh]

Freeder and Meanmachine praised this

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:03 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

provided u don't feed the cat for few days. Almost all cats in SG are obese and afraid of mice. In fact, I have seen mouse chasing cats here. [laugh]

Volvobrick, Kklim and Carbon82 praised this

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:07 PM

Ash2017
  • Ash2017
    6th Gear
    Author Image

invite this guy to your house [furious] [furious]

we eat alot of live things too

oysters, cockles, worms, squid, fish, monkey brain (middle east) etc
lausai88 praised this

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:13 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

my cat takes care of all critters at home 👍
lausai88 and Mustank praised this
Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
PSA: Get car cam if you still have not done so...
PSA2: Apply for vCashcard...

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:23 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I'll just ignore them.

Not many in the house actually. 

Volvobrick praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 07 January 2018 - 10:42 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This one good
https://m.qoo10.sg/s...7554/Q109298966
I using
My Wife wants to use one
Personally I prefer these jokers around

Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:03 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

they will leave when there is no more food for them or they become others food

I have a few recipes for lizard if you want 😎

seriously, I think the sticky trap is the best, just don't peep inside the trap when you retrieve and discard it

I believe whether there is food for them, they would still be a permanent resident in every household lo. Cant get rid of them at all.

they exist to protect us from mozzie.

they are my friends. So we live together in harmony.

They really protect us from mozzie? I always can find lizard in my house and yet still can find mozzie le?!  [sweatdrop]

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:10 PM

carloverguy2017
  • carloverguy2017
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I hate lizards too. 

Totally freak out.

All lizards who enters my home goes out dead.

And death is just the norm.

How it was killed is more interesting.

My Old Flame - aka Bygone spray canister + lighter = Flame thrower.

Drown in my Sorrow - aka Bygone spray = I spray them till they drown in the fluid.

Smashing pumpkins -aka Bygone + newspaper = spray and as they fall onto the newspaper, I smash them up with a roll of newspaper into them.

Smashingly gorgeous - aka Newspaper = Just smash it, if I have no time to collect my Bygone.

Chinese Bakkua - aka Newspaper and Bygone = for wall clinging ones, I will place the newspaper on the edge, spray to make them fall onto the newspaper, then fold it, then use the Bygone canister to steam roller it into Bakkua

Slippery When Wet - aka a pair of slipper = smash it off. For those whom are spotted at corridors, attempting to enter my house.

I can't remember what else I did, but I only know they sure have to die.

Edited by carloverguy2017, 07 January 2018 - 11:13 PM.

Carmour, Atrecord and BabyBlade praised this
It's PNE ! PLay Not Enough lah...

Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:12 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I hate lizards too.
Totally freak out.
All lizards who enters my home goes out dead.
And death is just the norm.
How it was killed is more interesting.

Bygone spray canister + lighter = Flame thrower.
Bygone spray = I spray them till they drown in the fluid.
Container + newspaper = spray and as they fall onto the newspaper, I smash them up with a roll of newspaper into them.
Newspaper = Just smash it, if I have no time to collect my Bygone.
Newspaper and Bygone = for wall clinging ones, I will place the newspaper on the edge, spray to make them fall onto the newspaper, then fold it, then use the Bygone canister to steam roller it into Bakkua
Slipper = smash it off. For those whom are spotted at corridors, attempting to enter my house.

I can't remember what else I did, but I only know they sure have to die.

Lizards are sure less disgusting than cockroaches.

Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:21 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Lizards are sure less disgusting than cockroaches.

that's the reason I kept lizards at home

They will get rid of the roaches

I cannot stand roaches, typing this gives me goose bumps

Posted 07 January 2018 - 11:41 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

that's the reason I kept lizards at home

They will get rid of the roaches

I cannot stand roaches, typing this gives me goose bumps

Lizards eat cockroaches?

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:06 AM

carloverguy2017
  • carloverguy2017
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I don't have mosquitoes or ants in my home.

I really don't understand if these lizards come to my home by accident.

It's PNE ! PLay Not Enough lah...

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:15 AM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Lizards eat cockroaches?

yes, although I never see it in action.

I believe lizard clear all the juveniles and the cockroach colony has no chance to boom
Mustank praised this

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: gecko, trap, merciful, getting and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users