Getting rid of geckos mercifully

Karoon

Turbocharged

I get that they have their uses... they take care of mosquitoes etc but i don't look forward to

a.  having their bacteria-rich poo scattered around the shelves

b. having a jolt when a fat wriggly one pops out when i open a kitchen cabinet door

old timers mentioned placing tobacco around their hideouts but those things cost a bomb these days.

those sticky traps are disgusting and its a no for me... its a painful death and i squirm when having to remove them, stuck, usually starving and still alive

smacking with a rolled up newspaper would leave a disgusting mess 

Any tips?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

they will leave when there is no more food for them or they become others food

I have a few recipes for lizard if you want

Not to mention they are noisy too.

Geckos in my home don't get to live long. They get the flame-thrower treatment (insecticide and lighter) (becareful not to burn down your home). You will see them really make an effort to run really fast. They will not come back if they escape. Those who didn't get crushed by my feet or palms. The flame thrower treatment is just to make them panic. I don't burn them. I'm not a sadist. It's effective coz they like to hide in narrow spaces. Flames can reach narrow spaces...You can even blind and disorientate them with the insecticide.

(by spraying the insecticide over the flame tip you have a mini flame thrower. Instant kill for cockroach, flies or mozzies, scares the sh!t out of geckos).

I crushed 2 geckos accidentally using the bedroom door(hinge part) during my lifetime. Recently I hear some egg crackling and I realise actually it's the poor bugger's skull got crushed by the door. The first one totally got flatten when I accidentally slam the door. I'm a nightmare to them. My home very rarely got gecko. If have, like I said they don't get to live long.

If you want to be merciful you will have to come up with innovative ways.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 3

I get that they have their uses... they take care of mosquitoes etc but i don't look forward to

a.  having their bacteria-rich poo scattered around the shelves

b. having a jolt when a fat wriggly one pops out when i open a kitchen cabinet door

old timers mentioned placing tobacco around their hideouts but those things cost a bomb these days.

those sticky traps are disgusting and its a no for me... its a painful death and i squirm when having to remove them, stuck, usually starving and still alive

smacking with a rolled up newspaper would leave a disgusting mess 

Any tips?

Get a cat to do the dirty work for you! [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 2

they will leave when there is no more food for them or they become others food

I have a few recipes for lizard if you want

I hate lizards too. 

Totally freak out.

All lizards who enters my home goes out dead.

And death is just the norm.

How it was killed is more interesting.

My Old Flame - aka Bygone spray canister + lighter = Flame thrower.

Drown in my Sorrow - aka Bygone spray = I spray them till they drown in the fluid.

Smashing pumpkins -aka Bygone + newspaper = spray and as they fall onto the newspaper, I smash them up with a roll of newspaper into them.

Smashingly gorgeous - aka Newspaper = Just smash it, if I have no time to collect my Bygone.

Chinese Bakkua - aka Newspaper and Bygone = for wall clinging ones, I will place the newspaper on the edge, spray to make them fall onto the newspaper, then fold it, then use the Bygone canister to steam roller it into Bakkua

Slippery When Wet - aka a pair of slipper = smash it off. For those whom are spotted at corridors, attempting to enter my house.

I can't remember what else I did, but I only know they sure have to die.

Edited by carloverguy2017
  • Praise 3

I hate lizards too.

Totally freak out.

All lizards who enters my home goes out dead.

And death is just the norm.

How it was killed is more interesting.

Bygone spray canister + lighter = Flame thrower.

Bygone spray = I spray them till they drown in the fluid.

Container + newspaper = spray and as they fall onto the newspaper, I smash them up with a roll of newspaper into them.

Newspaper = Just smash it, if I have no time to collect my Bygone.

Newspaper and Bygone = for wall clinging ones, I will place the newspaper on the edge, spray to make them fall onto the newspaper, then fold it, then use the Bygone canister to steam roller it into Bakkua

Slipper = smash it off. For those whom are spotted at corridors, attempting to enter my house.

I can't remember what else I did, but I only know they sure have to die.

Lizards are sure less disgusting than cockroaches.

Supercharged

Lizards are sure less disgusting than cockroaches.

that's the reason I kept lizards at home

They will get rid of the roaches

I cannot stand roaches, typing this gives me goose bumps

that's the reason I kept lizards at home

They will get rid of the roaches

I cannot stand roaches, typing this gives me goose bumps

Lizards eat cockroaches?
↡ Advertisement