Getting rid of geckos mercifully

Karoon

My cat loves geckos and roaches. When she sees one high up on the wall or ceiling and can't reach, she will camp there until she can get to them.

I will usually find the gecko/roach dead on the floor the next day. Although one time when slipping my shoe on, got a shock that there is a dead lizard inside. She must have hidden it there for me [laugh][laugh]

ewwww.....dead lizardcas a gift from your cat.....

Turbocharged

I also leave lizards by themselves as they get rid of ants and other insects.

But recently I think they multiply and left their poop everywhere.

I tried to catch and one end up in my sticky trap all red and probably died painfully. Still looking for a humane way to get rid of them...

one trap my late grandma taught me was to put some cooked rice inside a cheap transparent PE plastic bag and leave the bag flat on the table with the bag opening wide open, the lizard will go in for the food but will not be able to get out

then you can release it into your neighbours' homes...this one not taught by my late grandma hor

:D

• Praise 1

Lizards are cold blooded.

My friend told me he will use hot water from vacuum flask to pour at any lizards, then ask the maid to go and sort it out...

cold blooded means body temp will change with environment. If got 100 deg water pour on it, the lizard straightaway up lorry, btw. Not merciful though.

My friend told me he will use hot water from vacuum flask to pour at any lizards, then ask the maid to go and sort it out...

cold blooded means body temp will change with environment. If got 100 deg water pour on it, the lizard straightaway up lorry, btw. Not merciful though.

Like that really hot.

What if the lizard didn't die and become Darth Vader?

Pouring hot water on a lizard sounds very painful le. 

I think your friend is more cold-blooded than the lizard... 

• Praise 4

when i stayed in kampung we would fill syringe with water and inject it into the cicak.........it became bloated and died.....

wah lao, bro... later SPCA catch you then you know... [sweatdrop]

hahaha........kampong times in the 70s.....where got SPCA. That time the mklst thrilling time was when the guys from one gov department comes and shoot the stray dogs! All will kpo come out watch. They shot many many dogs......and they dont use shotgun.

Supercharged

You pour 100deg water on yourself, you also up lorry lah... LOL

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

My cat loves geckos and roaches. When she sees one high up on the wall or ceiling and can't reach, she will camp there until she can get to them.

I will usually find the gecko/roach dead on the floor the next day. Although one time when slipping my shoe on, got a shock that there is a dead lizard inside. She must have hidden it there for me  [laugh]  [laugh]

i conclude that cat-owned residences have close to nil lizards and roaches.

if only cats are also interested in killing ants. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement