• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
66 replies to this topic | 329 praises

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:02 PM

SuPerBoRed
  • Premium member
    SuPerBoRed
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I completely do not understand one thing... 

the rationale of carpark charges in certain areas 

Why do some HDB carparks still implement charges during Sundays when its intended for visiting?

My mum... right beside a popular sub urban mall... free parking on sunday 

My mum-in-law... new HDB block.. about 800m away from nearest MRT station... Parking is chargeable... 

why?? :a-no:

Atrecord, Uncle2, Tianmo and Mustank praised this
Respect is earned.. does not come with your god damn title..

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:04 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Why do some HDB carparks still implement charges during Sundays when its intended for visiting?

My mum-in-law... new HDB block.. about 800m away from nearest MRT station... Parking is chargeable... 

hmmmm mum-in-law

i can only think that Jamesc is the policy maker here :XD:  :XD:

SuPerBoRed, Jamesc, Fitvip, Atrecord, SGCMmaomao, ALTK, Drafting88 and 4 other members praised this

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:11 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hmmmm mum-in-law

i can only think that Jamesc is the policy maker here :XD:  :XD:

Yes this good policy is so I can say to the wife

cannot visit MIL so often as have to pay parking.

And help people save money when they park 

to do their shopping.

Something for everyone.  [thumbsup]

:D

BanCoe, Vid, Mustank and Dleodleo praised this
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:21 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

HDB old estate is under old law. Sudden change ppl will kpkb. LoL...

Now under new gen of governance they feel that parking rates are too cheap. Must charge regardless what day of the week.

Just watch and see. As old blocks get torn down and new blocks of flats rises no more Sunday free parking.

Mustank and 1 Anonymous member praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:42 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If possible think they will slowly slowly take away all free parking on sunday/PH. Even for new BTOs MSCP, even the carpark is located at some ulu location, they painted almost all levels with red lots, and only top two levels are white lots for visitors. Imagine if the MSCP is very high, when you reached to the level with white lot, you already feel giddy liao.

Ysc3 and Dleodleo praised this
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:44 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

good excuse to visit your MIL less often 😂😂
BanCoe and Vid praised this
Toyota Sienta 2009, Toyota Sienta 2017

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:46 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

If possible think they will slowly slowly take away all free parking on sunday/PH. Even for new BTOs MSCP, even the carpark is located at some ulu location, they painted almost all levels with red lots, and only top two levels are white lots for visitors. Imagine if the MSCP is very high, when you reached to the level with white lot, you already feel giddy liao.

Depends, not all like that.
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:53 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

my MIL place no free parking for open parking below the block, but got free parking at MSCP which is 200 meter away, i always take my chances    [sweatdrop]   [laugh]  [laugh]

Vid praised this
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:07 PM

SuPerBoRed
  • Premium member
    SuPerBoRed
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

good excuse to visit your MIL less often 😂😂

you do realize i dont have any power to decide on that hor??  :TT_TT:

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:10 PM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

better to pay parking and visit the MIL place for a few hours than your place having free parking and the MIL visit you for the whole day

Tianmo, Vid, Mustank, Showster, Philipkee, Pocy and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:24 PM

Fitvip
  • Fitvip
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Free parking was removed from some places. Pasir Ris Drive 4 blks 4xx are some examples!

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:54 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

you do realize i dont have any power to decide on that hor?? :TT_TT:

yes i do 😂😂😂

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:59 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Good question. 

And it's strange that your mother's place got free... which mall is it next to?

I was under the impression that got mall means got lots of people will park, therefore nearby cannot be FOC, else everyone rush there, and the residents and their relatives (sons in laws esp  [laugh] ) and friends will not be able to locate parking lots.

Yes this good policy is so I can say to the wife

cannot visit MIL so often as have to pay parking.

And help people save money when they park 

to do their shopping.

Something for everyone.  [thumbsup]

Be careful hor...

Later the wife suggests that given the difficulties... why not eliminate the problem and ask the MIL to move in with you...  [sweatdrop]  

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:03 PM

SuPerBoRed
  • Premium member
    SuPerBoRed
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hahaha 

RadX take note.... 

its beside hougang mall...  

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:03 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

They need to justify for their bonus in hdb 😁
Uncle2, Mercs and BanCoe praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:11 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Good question.

I was under the impression that got mall means got lots of people will park, therefore nearby cannot be FOC, else everyone rush there, and the residents and their relatives (sons in laws esp [laugh] ) and friends will not be able to locate parking lots.

Be careful hor...

Later the wife suggests that given the difficulties... why not eliminate the problem and ask the MIL to move in with you... [sweatdrop]

not necessarily. the HDB MSCP opposite Tiong Bahru Plaza is free on Sundays and PHs.

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:14 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hahaha 

RadX take note.... 

its beside hougang mall...  

Oh, yes. that one. I parked before long long time ago, before got kids. Just cross the junction can reach liao, quite convenient. Was wondering why so good...

Some places like NEX, the nearby HDB carparks all no more free...

not necessarily. the HDB MSCP opposite Tiong Bahru Plaza is free on Sundays and PHs.

oh, really? OK, if i ever go there on Suns/PHs, i will try to remember this.

and i suddenly remember in AMK central, got quite a few MSCPs Suns got free parking, but still AMKHub always full...

strange...

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:18 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

If near malls or those places with many eateries, already no more.
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:20 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Oh, yes. that one. I parked before long long time ago, before got kids. Just cross the junction can reach liao, quite convenient. Was wondering why so good...

Some places like NEX, the nearby HDB carparks all no more free...

oh, really? OK, if i ever go there on Suns/PHs, i will try to remember this.

and i suddenly remember in AMK central, got quite a few MSCPs Suns got free parking, but still AMKHub always full...

strange...

maybe convenience lo. anyway can use the link below from HDB website to check Free Parking for HDB carparks.

https://services2.hd.../fi10/emap.html

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:24 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

it really depends on whether enough people in your BTO cluster want it strongly and whether your MP gives a hoot.

When i moved in, yes our carpark charged for non resident parking on sunday. We are opposite the small neighbourhood center, but the visitors don't really park at our estate.

But the residents spoke to our then MP, and we managed to reverse this.

Right now, i dunno cos few months back we went back to wilson parking, so i dunno if it's been reversed already. 

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: parking, charges, unfair, public and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users