Reasonable Priced Used Cars Spotted 2018

Freeder

finally some helpful comments here. thanks to the last few posters here, appreciated!

in the market for SUV to house growing brood and parents, roomy 5 seater or 7 seater will work ideally. new cars not many options...the likes of CX-9, X-trail, CRV, XC90 are very pricey too, so seeing used car market see if got reasonable deals. may go for non-COEd cars too. but the significatly lower depreciation costs for COEd cars...is it too good to be true? rav4 at 6.6k, thats easily 5k cheaper i figured....the prado isn't cheap for 10yr old car, but guess i have a soft spot since i always wanted to drive one. 

my friends tell me even mileage in cars can be "tweaked"...is that true? how to mitigate against that if i bring the car to my own mechanic for inspection?

just a word of advice, be mindful of how you word your post, people here are not obligated to "help" you per se... 

anyway if you have a growing brood, i suggest a 7-seater would be a better choice, so that you do not need to change car again after a few years if necessary. and since you prefer a more roomy car, looks like Sienta and Freed are out. why dont you consider Wish, Toyota triplets, Mazda 5... new cars nowadays have lower depre than used cars, excluding COE cars. 

↡ Advertisement

Many car owners love to give these reasons to justify buying a car. But the fact is that if really buy those kind of budget cars, might as well just take public transport. Our public transport is quite good and singapore is so small that travelling from one place to another by public transport isn't that much slower than car or in certain situations even faster.

sometimes it's not about how much time it takes to travel

it's about how you travel

PEAK HOUR

taking 1 hour but need to walk / take feeder bus to MRT and then get squeezed like sardines for the rest of the journey

vs

taking 90 mins in the comfort of my own bnb car at a palatable cost premium

u know what i'll take. haha

• Praise 1

people going for Alphard will not mind the road tax and petrol consumption. more important is whether it can last another 10 years.

Can't go wrong with a Toyota.

Cars are built to last beyond 10 years - so much more so if it's Japanese.

Only in uniquely Singapore where car owners change cars after a few years "because there's many wear and tear parts to change."

yup what i meant was more of the repair and maintenance costs, which for Toyota we would still expect to be lower than others. 

i have nothing against Toyota cause driving one currently  [thumbsup]

PEAK HOUR

taking 1 hour but need to walk / take feeder bus to MRT and then get squeezed like sardines for the rest of the journey

vs

Peak hour commuting is the problem created by humans themselves because we are not flexible. Everyone rush, cramp, and squeeze together at the same time going to almost the same places, within the short frame. This is a problem created by ourselves.

We should start to be innovative and flexible by shifting most of the jobs to homes with home office operations and remote home controlling operations for other non office jobs. This would be a truly smart nation to start with.

Better option would be a 9 year old Alphard at $40K and spend $50K to renew COE = $90K

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=591434&DL=2929

difference is only 1yr, right? n buying the renewed coe, the dealer had done the exterior swee2. if buy 9yr old car i don tink it would hv been refurbished. or am i missing something here?

Peak hour commuting is the problem created by humans themselves because we are not flexible. Everyone rush, cramp, and squeeze together at the same time going to almost the same places, within the short frame. This is a problem created by ourselves.

We should start to be innovative and flexible by shifting most of the jobs to homes with home office operations and remote home controlling operations for other non office jobs. This would be a truly smart nation to start with.

the bosses need to start the change first. many companies still require the employees to b in office, eventhough there is nothing to b done, or the job can b done at home. don even hv to b full day at home. they can even start by adjusting the office hrs. even if a quarter of the companies allow the employees to report to office at 10am, i tink the traffic will see a lot of difference. 

some companies have started on the flexible work hours scheme, but 2 major obstacles are traditional mindset and job nature. 

the bosses need to start the change first. many companies still require the employees to b in office, eventhough there is nothing to b done, or the job can b done at home. don even hv to b full day at home. they can even start by adjusting the office hrs. even if a quarter of the companies allow the employees to report to office at 10am, i tink the traffic will see a lot of difference. 

Allowing employees to report later at office or work from home would never happen here de. The traditional mindset of employees need to report work physically at office during normal office hours cannot be change, even employees siting in office nothing to do, they still must be at the office to clock the numbers of working hours.

Edited by 13177

Allowing employees to report later at office or work from home would never happen here de. The traditional mindset of employees need to report work physically at office during normal office hours cannot be change, even employees siting in office nothing to do, they still must be at the office to clock the numbers of working hours.

thats y. i jus don understand why. some days really got nothing to do....all sit in office i look at u, u look at me. some worse, cant even go coffee break. thats y for now, they don even hv to allow working from home. reporting to office a bit later will b a gd start. 

• Praise 1

thats y. i jus don understand why. some days really got nothing to do....all sit in office i look at u, u look at me. some worse, cant even go coffee break. thats y for now, they don even hv to allow working from home. reporting to office a bit later will b a gd start. 

Like i said, dont think it will happen in the near future. Even reporting to office a bit later also would not happen.

Twincharged

PEAK HOUR

vs

Can afford then ok la. Like i said earlier, I meant those that really can't afford but stretch themselves and sacrifice many other things just to buy a basic B&B car. Personally, I feel that $10-15k can be put to better use especially for families with kids. I have a few friends who sacrifice many things and always say no money to bring their kids for outings and holidays, but they have a car. Lol.

My previous company tried. They had a trial run and some departments were allowed to have flexible work hours and spend most of their working hours working from home. But after the trial no more already. So I guess not feasible yet? 

Edited by Nzy
  • Praise 2

ok which one should i buy [laugh]  

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=708545&DL=2001

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=658152&DL=2485

ok after u decide which one please pass me $30K  [laugh]  [smash]

call me old skool but i find these type of cars very sexy...they got prestige status practicality sporty..u name it

That time got one damn dealer quote 55k for Coe 5yrs RAV4.
That was end of 2015

bro why damm dealer??...should be bloody damm dealer [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

.....let me add to that..honda as well...

Edited by Ignissport

ok which one should i buy [laugh]

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=708545&DL=2001

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=658152&DL=2485

ok after u decide which one please pass me $30K [laugh][smash]

call me old skool but i find these type of cars very sexy...they got prestige status practicality sporty..u name it

bro why damm dealer??...should be bloody damm dealer [laugh][laugh][laugh]

.....let me add to that..honda as well...

That silver Mercy ..

Nice grill n color...

Price can push down further ..

not change start work time no practical. Is people come office at 10 also want to go back at 530. Boss lugi, boss won't want. Some more other people start work at 8, then come at 10. those come at 8 one zo bo lan. Talk about effectiveness, the work at 8 am one wasted his time in office(according to boss), want meeting cannot. send email no reply until 10am. actually the 8am one can do many things....

This must change, else problems will never improve.

Depending on the company you work for.

For example, in the Microsoft Singapore, they do not need their employees to be in the office at all, unless it is for meetings.

↡ Advertisement