Singaporean filmed beating dog in viral video fined RM8,000

Jman888

Did you bother to see the link I posted ? There is already an existing thread on the same incident.

chill bro, mods have combined the threads.
  • Praise 1

Dunno why dogs see bicycle they get all aggressive?

For this I can understand.  My pet dog also barks when he sees bicycle coming by or approaching because once upon a time he was hit by a cyclist and have a minor injury.  Since then he was upset, agitated whenever he sees bicycles.

• Praise 4

Actually they will be scared or timid if they have been hurt; I know of one dog of my neighbour hood, will not walk next to any longkang.... anyway most have been covered up or with railings/ grille; His dog is like 12 ++ years old     

For this I can understand.  My pet dog also barks when he sees bicycle coming by or approaching because once upon a time he was hit by a cyclist and have a minor injury.  Since then he was upset, agitated whenever he sees bicycles.

• Praise 1

this will only encourage more dog owners not to leash their dogs.

my neighbourhood also more and more dog owners bringing their dogs to the playground and park without leash.

what if these mad dogs go berserk and bite the kids? and is the law protecting the mad dogs while the victim kena bitten cannot do anything?

Onus is on the owner to know the dogs temperament and social habits and training done 

I do let off my dog at the playground (discretion excercised) initially he is leashed; once the kids are comfortable patting him and getting to know him then I unleash him; anyway mine's a golden retriever so they are OK with kids; Some breeds ... I would advice other wise

But I keep my eyes like a hawk on him; I feel it destresses him playing with the kids    

this will only encourage more dog owners not to leash their dogs.
my neighbourhood also more and more dog owners bringing their dogs to the playground and park without leash.
what if these mad dogs go berserk and bite the kids? and is the law protecting the mad dogs while the victim kena bitten cannot do anything?

• Praise 1

"the deputy public prosecutor from the Veterinary Services Department"

Vet dept also got their own DPP?

:D

Such a cruel man and so disgraceful.

Singaporean filmed beating dog in viral video fined RM8,000

http://www.asiaone.com/singapore/singaporean-filmed-beating-dog-viral-video-fined-rm8000?xtor=EREC-16-4[Emarsys_Newsletter]-20180109&extid=6934d0cfb7b252f1ae9f0dbddf5ff88ca8637e77

A Singaporean in Malaysia was fined RM8,000 (S$2,700) in default of eight months' jail for an act of animal cruelty on Monday (Jan 8).

Terry Yee, 58, changed his plea to guilty after the charge was read to him in English at PJ Magistrate's Court in Selangor, Bernama reported.

In a video clip that went viral on social media last April, Yee was seen repeatedly hitting a guard dog with a helmet at the entrance of a housing estate in Puchong.

Yee apologised for his actions a few days after the incident and told The Star in an interview that he was an animal lover. The man said he had "snapped" after the dog "attacked" him that day.

However, he later claimed trial and pleaded not guilty to animal abuse in August.

According to New Straits Times, Yee's counsel Jerald Gomez had asked for a lighter sentence for his client, saying that the dog was not seriously injured from the attack.

"My client lost his job (in the franchise business) after the video of the incident went viral on social media. He is also remorseful for his act," Gomez said.

However, the deputy public prosecutor from the Veterinary Services Department said that Yee's offence was serious and asked the court for a deterrent sentence.

Onus is on the owner to know the dogs temperament and social habits and training done

I do let off my dog at the playground (discretion excercised) initially he is leashed; once the kids are comfortable patting him and getting to know him then I unleash him; anyway mine's a golden retriever so they are OK with kids; Some breeds ... I would advice other wise

But I keep my eyes like a hawk on him; I feel it destresses him playing with the kids

golden retriever... elite spotted...
  • Praise 1

:D Thank You  :D

Dont Pray Pray  :a-noway:

My Gang all got Preambree Skool study 1; leader is @Radx 

golden retriever... elite spotted...

• Praise 1

They are such gentle dogs...

That guy said the dog had attacked him a few times. So what to do with the dog if the man follow law? report the dog? What justice will be given to the man?

Some say poor man

Some say poor dog

Which do you say?

↡ Advertisement