COE Bidding – 2nd Round of January 2018

Carbon82

Basically those who booked their cars during the Motor Show last week & secured their COEs this round, made some losses on paper value (which affects resale value) and did not have a good deal afterall.

Depend on how high is their rebate level. Some might recieve their rebate due to lower coe price

Has any dealers started to drop price already? This round of COE is after a major motor show yet still unable to push up COE price? Next round will be interesting .

U chart expert didnt check the past few years similar Jan Motorshow result? Edited by Lotr8445r
↡ Advertisement

Basically those who booked their cars during the Motor Show last week & secured their COEs this round, made some losses on paper value (which affects resale value) and did not have a good deal afterall.

Generally, dealers control and knows roughly the coe levels every round. Their bidding ability are pegged to the quoted selling price of the car. Some dealers at the motorshow already pegged their rebate at $44k n some lucky buyers would have gotten rebates during this round.

If scrap after 10 years then no affect.

Anyway, COE drop does not mean car price drop.

this kind of headline ... siao liao!

Ok lah, just slight reduction for Cat A,  not a lot. 

no scare, no scare

But hor, Cat B increased quota  [:p]

online-180118-coequota.jpg

Edited by RH1667
  • Praise 5

As long as Uber and Grab are out of the picture, the reduction in quota has hardly any impact on prices.

I also question the timing of this news – what is the hidden agenda? To drive sales, and eventually revenue from COE?

As long as Uber and Grab are out of the picture, the reduction in quota has hardly any impact on prices.

I also question the timing of this news â what is the hidden agenda? To drive sales, and eventually revenue from COE?

To pay for the $1B worth of buses...
  • Praise 4

ppl have to understand they give cheap price which mean there is only that much they can bid for your coe. they will not over bid the coe for you at the price you booked unless they desperate to meet target which usually year end.

Drive panic into buyers. 

I also question the timing of this news – what is the hidden agenda? To drive sales, and eventually revenue from COE?

Drive panic into buyers.

We all know coe quota will start to shrink if based on 10 year cycle. If potential & can afford to buy car dont buy at this year, when should they buy then? Next year?

it has been like that for a few month especially after they announce the cev thingy and many jumped into the bandwagon thinking they will lose more if they wait any longer. This month news about the etaxi growth and the lesser coe for cat a will surely put more fears for those waiting on the sidelines......haiz

69999 when coe was 38k. now latest pricing is 69999 still despite coe 36.8k.

well done dealers!

Now pricing starts from 67999 from their latest price list [drivingcar]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

Supercharged

Now pricing starts from 67999 from their latest price list [drivingcar]

where you see the latest price list?

I was browsing sgcarmart and attrage, is tag as POA.

POA stands for?

Generally, cannot contradict Govt policy lah, I.e. to reduce car ownership and encourage people to take public transport n adopt car sharing. I find it strange that people are still speculating and expecting cheap COEs. Gone are the heydays n the only way for coe to crash is for the bidding system to crash at the last 10mins before closing.

↡ Advertisement