COE direction for 2018

SGCMHello

People have their own needs. If they cannot provide the basic independent needs of the people and do not have enough resources to meet the needs, then what's the point of adding more people and giving more problems? Situation is dealing with people, not robots and numbers.

When one income goes down, another will go up.

Prepare for GST increase for the broader population.

Currently, Singapore is faced with increase silver hair population.  Unfortunately, Singapore is ill-prepared for it unlike Japan.  It takes 10 - 20 years to prepare.  The quick fix is to further increase population.

It is true that government has to prepare the basic necessity for ppl on this island.  Unfortunately, car is NOT considered as basic necessity since donkey years ago.  The mistake under Raymond takes years to unwind.  As i had said before, the road length has not increase in tandem with number of cars growth.

With this imbalance, we can be rest assured that there will be jam.

By the way, have you ever kenna jam that's so bad it took you 4 hours to travel from Changi Airport to Shenton Way?

If you kenna before, do you want to experience it on daily basis?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

If they r most direct saying they need money for xxx n make it transparent on the spending, then I believe most ppl can accept it.

Now everything increase price and where the money goes to? And there r ppl who believe ex coe = lesser cars

After not coming back to Singapore for 1 year, i am surprised that food price in my estate remains the same.

• Praise 1

2 simple question for u

Coe $1

Coe $50k

Which do u think will cause the car population to increase or actually there is no diff

Why Ves rebate is on the omv not coe?

key is still coe quota.... cut 50% every quarter... all problem solved.. road very smooth

Currently, Singapore is faced with increase silver hair population.  Unfortunately, Singapore is ill-prepared for it unlike Japan.  It takes 10 - 20 years to prepare.  The quick fix is to further increase population.

It is true that government has to prepare the basic necessity for ppl on this island.  Unfortunately, car is NOT considered as basic necessity since donkey years ago.  The mistake under Raymond takes years to unwind.  As i had said before, the road length has not increase in tandem with number of cars growth.

By the way, have you ever kenna jam that's so bad it took you 4 hours to travel from Changi Airport to Shenton Way?

recently got this article.. asking ppl whether to tap on reserve or increase tax to sustain the greying population.. 

to me ... both options are the same... if use reserve then reserve low need to top up .. easier way is increase tax. aint they the same.unless cost control in some way like cut minster salary heee heee or give less overseas scholarship to foreigner..

Then stop increasing the population because the country is already overpopulated.

And provide more incentives for buyers buying green cars.

if local not producing enough babies then they need to import else the aging population a problem.. who feed.. 

key is still coe quota.... cut 50% every quarter... all problem solved.. road very smooth

recently got this article.. asking ppl whether to tap on reserve or increase tax to sustain the greying population.. 

to me ... both options are the same... if use reserve then reserve low need to top up .. easier way is increase tax. aint they the same.unless cost control in some way like cut minster salary heee heee or give less overseas scholarship to foreigner..

if cut minister salary, AO class civil servant will be affected as well.  So cannot cut.

Overseas scholar is cheap as compared to minister salary.  Less <> saving.

Currently, govt has increase indirect tax but not direct tax.  Singapore has to look tax attractive to MNC as compared to HK.

At some point in time, reserve has to be tapped when greying population grows wider.

if cut minister salary, AO class civil servant will be affected as well.  So cannot cut.

Overseas scholar is cheap as compared to minister salary.  Less <> saving.

Currently, govt has increase indirect tax but not direct tax.  Singapore has to look tax attractive to MNC as compared to HK.

At some point in time, reserve has to be tapped when greying population grows wider.

agree. whatever tax increase is going to afffect us whether is direct tax or indirect tax,, we willultimately pay more. chinese sayng sheep hair grow sheep.

so to me the two options of tap reserve or increase tax are the same effect. 

2 simple question for u

Coe $1

Coe $50k

Which do u think will cause the car population to increase or actually there is no diff

Why Ves rebate is on the omv not coe?

50k COE will cause more congestion for sure!

if local not producing enough babies then they need to import else the aging population a problem.. who feed.. 

you mean my next door FT neighbour will feed me when i grow old next time ah?

because i know ah gong definitely aint feeding me...

:D

Agreed, i dun think owning a car in Spore is considered "basic independent needs".

If having a car is "basic independent needs", then every citizens or at least family will be entitle to one car, that would be a nightmare, given how small and how little roads Spore have.

But still alot of us Sporeans think wise cos they consider a car as a need, instead of a want, so their self entitlement mentality will automatically kick in...

Currently, Singapore is faced with increase silver hair population. Unfortunately, Singapore is ill-prepared for it unlike Japan. It takes 10 - 20 years to prepare. The quick fix is to further increase population.

It is true that government has to prepare the basic necessity for ppl on this island. Unfortunately, car is NOT considered as basic necessity since donkey years ago. The mistake under Raymond takes years to unwind. As i had said before, the road length has not increase in tandem with number of cars growth.

Instead of using quick fix solution that will only pose more problems in the future, Singapore should start preparing for the aging population. The problem was highlighted decades ago. What can be done is to use the finances and resources to prepare for this future. However not the case. The current generation of govt overspent on many aspects for the past decade, falls behind in bringing future technologies to continue supporting the economy with more elderly and smaller population. With more AI, advanced robotics, smart technologies coming in, what's the purpose of adding more people when the labor force is shrinking in future? Adding more people doesn't solve the aging population problems. It only adds more problems to the future generations with more aging population, incurring higher costs, and limiting less resources to more people at higher costs.

Your own house and own transport is basically your basic needs. Unfortunately the HDB flat is not yours to begin with, the closest thing you can own is a car which needs a COE to drive. Not necessity skewed logic is because of overpopulation issues.

Complaining about jams? Why? Our roads are poorly designed and too many road works. If the road length doesn’t increase in tandem with the growth, then it's time to build underground. No point keep harping on this issue.

you mean my next door FT neighbour will feed me when i grow old next time ah?

because i know ah gong definitely aint feeding me...

haha if they become PR , Citizen they pay tax then their kids maybe will stay here too and pay taxes.. so support u indirectly lor.

ah gong also pay tax so they also support u.. i also support u hahah

Instead of using quick fix solution that will only pose more problems in the future, Singapore should start preparing for the aging population. The problem was highlighted decades ago. What can be done is to use the finances and resources to prepare for this future. However not the case. The current generation of govt overspent on many aspects for the past decade, falls behind in bringing future technologies to continue supporting the economy with more elderly and smaller population. With more AI, advanced robotics, smart technologies coming in, what's the purpose of adding more people when the labor force is shrinking in future? Adding more people doesn't solve the aging population problems. It only adds more problems to the future generations with more aging population, incurring higher costs, and limiting less resources to more people at higher costs.

Your own house and own transport is basically your basic needs. Unfortunately the HDB flat is not yours to begin with, the closest thing you can own is a car which needs a COE to drive. Not necessity skewed logic is because of overpopulation issues.

Complaining about jams? Why? Our roads are poorly designed and too many road works. If the road length doesn’t increase in tandem with the growth, then it's time to build underground. No point keep harping on this issue.

i think political environment also getting abit like commercial enviroment where u start to see helicopter CEO....unlike the past where they really fight for the best of singapore. they went through bad times...so there is a sense of belong...

haha if they become PR , Citizen they pay tax then their kids maybe will stay here too and pay taxes.. so support u indirectly lor.

ah gong also pay tax so they also support u.. i also support u hahah

so how do they support me?  by paying taxes to ah gong?

but ah gong not using any tax dollars to feed me, give me income, pay my holidays, pay my medical fees, pay my utilities etc when i am old leh

so how is my old age supported by everybody as you claimed?

Ask yourself, why locals are not producing enough?

What are the problems?

High costs of living, stressful working environment, national service, etc.

Have the govt really looked at these root problems and tackle the problem with proper solutions?

In fact, high costs of living has always been the main concern. However people are still constantly taxed at almost every thing, and things becomes worse when the current generation of govt is overspending, and overspending on unnecessary things. If there is such a big amount overspent for the past decade, why do the people still paying more taxes and bear the burden of relentless increase cost of living ?

Edited by DACH

but ah gong not using any tax dollars to feed me, give me income, pay my holidays, pay my medical fees, pay my utilities etc when i am old leh

example all the PG card now , free medical , who pay ? tax payers money..

all the susidise things that you are entitled when you are old ... all come from tax payer money.. i pay tax so i also support u lor.

example all the PG card now , free medical , who pay ? tax payers money..

all the susidise things that you are entitled when you are old ... all come from tax payer money.. i pay tax so i also support u lor.

eh hallo...pg card is for current old people meeting the age requirements

not extended to future old people you know or not?

[:/]

Ask yourself, why locals are not producing enough?

What are the problems?

Have the govt really looked at these root problems and tackle the problem with proper solutions?

In fact, high costs of living has always been the main concern. However people are still constantly taxed at almost every thing, and things becomes worse when the current generation of govt is overspending, and overspending on unnecessary things. If there is such a big amount overspent for the past decade, why do the people still paying more taxes and bear the burden of relentless increase cost of living ?

actually singapore high cost meh?

those really not giving birth are mainly those white collar worker. 

those blue one still giving birth

i dont think singapore high cost lor .. you still get 2sgd rice. you still get cheap education.

we dont have to drive dont have to go holiday.

stressful work environment? depend how u manage. 

national service .. i think is good.. 

sinagporean like me too are more KS la.

• Praise 3

I am seriously thinking of second car.

Tie my hands quick!

Attrage at $67,999. Better grab it before it sold out.

Edited by Showster

eh hallo...pg card is for current old people meeting the age requirements

not extended to future old people you know or not?

[:/]

just an example... next time u reach that age.. maybe they will come out with some special card for you.

Bro, here maybe got free food:

https://mustsharenews.com/support-meals-cardboard-collectors/

just an example... next time u reach that age.. maybe they will come out with some special card for you.

Also got special card:

post-158018-0-38690000-1516344681_thumb.jpg

post-158018-0-59617400-1516344791_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1