• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic | 25 praises

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:57 PM

golden_eagle
  • golden_eagle
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I was walking pass the Jalan Arif between Hougang Ave 2. 

There is a huge barrier of trees but I didn't hear a lot of reduction of road noise from Ave 2. I am quite surprised by that. 

What is the purpose of these trees with dense forliage there? It blocks wind as a unwanted side effect. 

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:54 PM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

There is a huge barrier of trees but I didn't hear a lot of reduction of road noise from Ave 2. I am quite surprised by that.

What is the purpose of these trees with dense forliage thereï¼ It blocks wind as a unwanted side effect.

So is it the wind blockage thats bothering you or is the noise bothering u?? If its the noise that is bothering you, would you rather they install a sound barrier and totally block off the wind? At least the trees allows some to pass through..

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:50 PM

golden_eagle
  • golden_eagle
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

So is it the wind blockage thats bothering you or is the noise bothering u?? If its the noise that is bothering you, would you rather they install a sound barrier and totally block off the wind? At least the trees allows some to pass through..

It's neither that bothers me because I don't live there. 

I am trying to understand whether there is proof that trees can block noise. I used to believe that theory, maybe I was not right. 

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:57 PM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

It's neither that bothers me because I don't live there.
I am trying to understand whether there is proof that trees can block noise. I used to believe that theory, maybe I was not right.

Any barrier will attenuate noise. Just a matter of how much. It also depends on the noise source on which direction it is emitting..
Carbon82, Volvobrick, AltisOwner and F355 praised this

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:44 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

my parents block is directly facing an expressway, used to be very noisy especially at night. gradually as the row of trees between the block and expressway grew taller, the sound became more muffled and got better imo. sad that i dont get a full view of the expressway anymore though...

of course the above is just my personal observation, no noisemeter readings to prove 😂😂
Toyota Sienta 2009, Toyota Sienta 2017

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:46 PM

Slowpoke
  • Premium member
    Slowpoke
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

my parents block is directly facing an expressway, used to be very noisy especially at night. gradually as the row of trees between the block and expressway grew taller, the sound became more muffled and got better imo. sad that i dont get a full view of the expressway anymore though...

of course the above is just my personal observation, no noisemeter readings to prove 😂😂

you are growing older, hearing loss 

BabyBlade praised this
-----------------------------------------------------------
I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol
-----------------------------------------------------------

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:49 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

you are growing older, hearing loss 

haha i dont deny! wife always complains about my hearing loss... but then its only my wife who complains  :XD:

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:21 PM

BookerDyeno
  • BookerDyeno
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Gracias compa..

On further research it seems this sound proofing business is very complex..

I will do what I can..

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:03 PM

Yewheng
  • Premium member
    Yewheng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

What is the purpose of these trees with dense forliage there? It blocks wind as a unwanted side effect.

Eh.. That is not many trees how.. So little how to block the sounds? Haha

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:20 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

haha i dont deny! wife always complains about my hearing loss... but then its only my wife who complains  :XD:

kdash is too young to have hearing loss lo.  [:p]  Anyway, trees indeed help a bit to block out some noise esp for people staying in low floor, although doesnt really help much esp for people staying in higher floor. Lol.

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:08 AM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

kdash is too young to have hearing loss lo. [:p] Anyway, trees indeed help a bit to block out some noise esp for people staying in low floor, although doesnt really help much esp for people staying in higher floor. Lol.

haha thanks but sometimes hearing loss depends on other factors too, like long exposure to loud noises.

anyway those that stay near busy roads or expressways would have gotten used to the noise.

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:15 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think more like ppl got used to the noise after a while.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Back to Property Buzz  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: tree, noise, sound, proofing and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users