• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
20 replies to this topic | 36 praises

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:37 PM

Kumweng
  • Premium member
    Kumweng
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Is Perodua Kenari a good and reliable car?

Thinking of buying 1 used one.

Please advise.

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:12 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Malaysian cars not that good
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:21 PM

Kumweng
  • Premium member
    Kumweng
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Malaysian cars not that good

but the engine is using Daihatsu technology. Japan built. Gearbox I not sure.

What you think..

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:29 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    5th Gear
    Author Image

What you think..

Send for an inspection if you really want to buy

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:26 AM

RCTP
  • Premium member
    RCTP
    6th Gear
    Author Image

My experience with Perodua cars (previously drove a Viva), the car itself is reliable and won’t give too much problems.

Biggest problem actually is how previous owners treat/abuse it.

Anyway with buying of second hand cars, better to send it to a trusted Mechanic to check through everything and change whatever needs to be changed after buying it.

So factor that into your purchasing cost and negotiation.

My previous Viva cost 1.2k to almost overhaul the engine. Did it in Malaysia. If in Singapore the cost probably gonna be at least x2 already.
Cypher, Blueray and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:30 AM

Cypher
  • Premium member
    Cypher
    4th Gear
    Author Image

What you think..

Maintenance cost will be lower if done up north. I believe will be even lower cause its local brand.
2 Anonymous members praised this
I'm a healthy student.

Posted 03 February 2018 - 10:26 PM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

What you think..

Find maybe Hyundai Avante or some car like that.
This car isn’t that cheap either, and is a 1990s car.
Isn’t comfortable either.
1 Anonymous member praised this
I am in control of my life,and I lead it like how I want to.

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:02 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Reliable? Probably. It's after all a MY assembled Daihatsu Move. 

Good or not is very subjective  [laugh]

It's probably a simple and easy car to drive and maintain. I like the tall headroom. But you might consider the safety aspects of this car. 

I still see one or 2 running around once in a while

"O, devil, devil! If that the Earth could teem with woman's tears, Each drop she falls would prove a crocodile. Out of my sight!" (Act IV Scene I)

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:03 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Very rare in spore already

Posted 04 February 2018 - 08:27 PM

greynotey
  • greynotey
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Engine compartment same as kelisa. Owned kelisa for 9years 6mths. 280k km. Engine very very reliable. Aircon nv fail. Stil very cold before i sold off. No repair throughout for 280k km. Change only timing belt, mounting, tailights/headlights, clutch plate, tyres and 1 coolant flush.

Edited by greynotey, 04 February 2018 - 08:28 PM.

Othello praised this

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:40 AM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

talk about rare, just saw 2 at same location just now !! 

"O, devil, devil! If that the Earth could teem with woman's tears, Each drop she falls would prove a crocodile. Out of my sight!" (Act IV Scene I)

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:23 PM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The Kenari shares the same Daihatsu sourced engine as the Kelisa. Tested and proven hardy 999cc, 3 cylinder engine with no complicated electronics. *Toyota owns Daihatsu

You can get a used one for $5K and spend $41k to renew COE for 10 years. Add another $4K to replace wear and tear plars (reasonably priced in S'pore and very cheap in M'sia) and for $50K grand, you have a reliable car to drive for 10 years and $5K annual dep .

As annual rd tax is low to begin with, the 50% surcharge ($195) does not hurt. The $585 in annual rd tax with 50% surcharge is similar to that of a 1300cc car. 3rd party insurance with 50% NCD costs no more than $500 a year.

Spacious and sits 5 mid sized adults comfortably.

http://www.sgcarmart...=714991&DL=2397

Edited by Vinceng, 07 February 2018 - 01:27 PM.

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:26 PM

NhiYn
  • NhiYn
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

, This is a great article. It gave me a lot of useful information. thank you very much. Link profile: http://phongkhamdakh...en-cho-ray.html

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:29 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Maybe you can look at myvi as well if you prefer Perodua cars.

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 08 March 2018 - 07:27 PM

merc280v6
  • merc280v6
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Watch this video.
Still want a Perodua?

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=Tmn4vxNHfdc

Hum Kar Chan woh! 👎🏼

Think SAFETY for your family and loved ones.
That should be your paramount consideration, when choosing a car!

Edited by merc280v6, 08 March 2018 - 07:34 PM.

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:21 PM

Epr0mlse
  • Premium member
    Epr0mlse
    4th Gear
    Author Image

:chilling:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Always plan, and plan to change the plan

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:34 PM

Cypher
  • Premium member
    Cypher
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Watch this video.
Still want a Perodua?

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=Tmn4vxNHfdc

Hum Kar Chan woh! ðð¼

Think SAFETY for your family and loved ones.
That should be your paramount consideration, when choosing a car!

Just can't stop trolling do you?....
Jamesc and greynotey praised this
I'm a healthy student.

Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:43 PM

merc280v6
  • merc280v6
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Video from a different angle:

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=j-1O2seadOQ

Seriously, I think it warrants highlighting the significant difference in structural rigidity (or the lack of), when buying Malaysian cars like Perodua.

You dare, you buy lor!

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:29 PM

greynotey
  • greynotey
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Video from a different angle:

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=j-1O2seadOQ

Seriously, I think it warrants highlighting the significant difference in structural rigidity (or the lack of), when buying Malaysian cars like Perodua.

You dare, you buy lor!

Some people wan to have their own transport from a to b in SG for alot of reason. But not alot of ppl can afford buying a car that break the bank. Even walking on pavement or getting chauffeur by PHV can cost ur life from accident. So does that mean u stay at home and avoid going out?

Posted 02 April 2018 - 08:56 AM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I detest this kind of busybody drivers who hold up traffic behind.  [mad]

Back to Malaysian Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: perodua, proton, toyota, hyundai and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users