Self-Policing makes the forum better!

kobayashiGT

I sold it for a better bike? The ZX10R is far superior than the 899 in terms of performance, comfort.

Bad product? Not really. It's an italian. You either love it or hate it. For me, it was a love hate affair. I always go for the third option haha. I never had much problem with the Panigale. Other than a dead battery which was replaced with an expensive Skyrich lithium, it didn't fail in any other ways. BUT... The biggest headache I had was an oil leak. I can only attribute it to all the high speed riding I did with it in consecutive hours on all my road trips up north. It's a bike with lots of vibrations and high torque. Meant for the track, never for touring. At 19,000km, the gaskets gave way and I had a blown head gasket which didn't just stop there. I blew the bottom gasket as well which was a problem.

Oil leaks can be problematic and persistent with Ducatis. Some say you have to live with it because it keeps coming back. That's why the maintenance can be a killer.

The heat was a deal breaker for me as well. Couldn't stand it anymore.

After a year I got bored of it and it was time to move on to something bigger and better. Never looked back then.

wah.....expensive bike and a very high maintenance bike.....better pass on the idea. Seriously, to blow a gead gasket at 19000 km is sure cialat and the main gasket......better off load the bike fast. I thrashed my nippon bike like nobody business last time and the only problem the Honda gave me was the rectifier and battery flat issue. My RVF was a bit worst.......coil, rectifier and battery. But other then that they are very reliable.......thinking of getting a z800 if i dont renew my coe......the z300 looks nice but i gave up when i read it only had 2 pistons......haiz! The vibration at low rpm will be quite bad......

if that's the case then you must have been running for elections all year round haha.  [flowerface]

go google zx10r.

He was... but lost the last elections mah..

Now become a common citizen like the rest of us.

• Praise 1

He was... but lost the last elections mah..

Now become a common citizen like the rest of us.

Tuck You I say

Haaaaaa

I sold it for a better bike? The ZX10R is far superior than the 899 in terms of performance, comfort.

Bad product? Not really. It's an italian. You either love it or hate it. For me, it was a love hate affair. I always go for the third option haha. I never had much problem with the Panigale. Other than a dead battery which was replaced with an expensive Skyrich lithium, it didn't fail in any other ways. BUT... The biggest headache I had was an oil leak. I can only attribute it to all the high speed riding I did with it in consecutive hours on all my road trips up north. It's a bike with lots of vibrations and high torque. Meant for the track, never for touring. At 19,000km, the gaskets gave way and I had a blown head gasket which didn't just stop there. I blew the bottom gasket as well which was a problem. 

Oil leaks can be problematic and persistent with Ducatis. Some say you have to live with it because it keeps coming back. That's why the maintenance can be a killer.

After a year I got bored of it and it was time to move on to something bigger and better. Never looked back then.

1 year and with all that trouble? [hur]  [shocked]  [hur]  [shocked]

Internal Moderator

1 year and with all that trouble? [hur]  [shocked]  [hur]  [shocked]

Technically I own the bike for about one year and six months. Of which six months were spent under layup status at my bike shop because that was how long it took to sell off the bike. Ha.

Technically I own the bike for about one year and six months. Of which six months were spent under layup status at my bike shop because that was how long it took to sell off the bike. Ha.

6 months is very fast already.. Some models can take even longer.. Ride safe!

thats what others says about Italian bike......high cost and high maintenance and will spent half of the time in the workshop most probably waiting for spare parts.

I saw a video.......the Brutale was only a few hrs or a few days old and the gear shift dropped out while the fella was riding and videoing his ride. Stuck on 1st but later he came down and pushed his gears to 3rd with his fingers. All the way to work on 3rd gear.......haiz.

Without mentioning the brand or model, your description of your ex ducati would sound just like my ex harley bike.

Now riding a 'small' bike Yamaha Tricity. Honestly speaking, rediscovered the fun of motorcycle riding after so many years of big bike.

Big bikes are glam n fun on touring trips but in traffic lights laden Singapore, smallish and auto bikes brings out the fun in the rider (or at least in me).

• Praise 1

eh....you got take queue number bor? Her suitors' line very long hor....ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£

he is big boss.... got licence jump queue

mentioning the mods works fine. like what @dach has been doing. haha.

Haha. Let's see who dare to ask.

Can I have your number babe? I promise you I look pretty
  • Praise 2

Can I have your number babe? I promise you I look pretty

wah.....your 1st post after mia for a year or two and 1st thing you do is ask bb phone number...... Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 1