• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
76 replies to this topic | 161 praises

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:20 AM

ChaosMyth
  • Premium member
    ChaosMyth
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I'm here to share another bazaar, this time round for CNY! Happening at Punggol. I've been here once already last Saturday. Just like your regular pasar malam except with shops selling CNY decorations! Brought my mum to see see look look and buy some decor for the year of the dog. Skipped the food section as it was too crowded and we had dinner at Waterway already. If you wanna soak in the atmosphere though it's still a good place to visit and kill some time!

It's located just beside Waterway Point btw. The Punggol MRT. 

http://thesmartlocal...ggol-cny-bazaar

cny.jpg

Mustank, kdash, Premacist, Turboguy, Tianmo, Baleno, Dleodleo and 3 other members praised this
The Power of Dreams!

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:31 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

If one can take out photos of 1960s cny bazaar, whoa!!!!

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:31 AM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

thanks for sharing. any idea how long will they be there for? 

Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
PSA: Get car cam if you still have not done so...
PSA2: Apply for vCashcard...

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:40 AM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Went there last nite. Just your typical pasar malam.
Bought the kebab in the middle. Opt for the pita bread, but when paying, was told it was $5 instead of $4 for normal roll. Tasted bland. Won't buy again, not even their normal rolled kebab.
Also tried the philly cheese steak with hot dog. Very small for $7. And the cheese machiam those nacho cheese. Won't buy it again. Expensive dinner for $12 total.

Didn't try the Taiwanese Cheese potato. Queue is too long. Looks interesting. Next time will try this.

Edited by Ender, 23 January 2018 - 11:41 AM.

Mustank and Dleodleo praised this

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:41 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Nowadays only food can sell well in pasar malams.

Edited by DACH, 23 January 2018 - 11:41 AM.

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:01 PM

ChaosMyth
  • Premium member
    ChaosMyth
    5th Gear
    Author Image

thanks for sharing. any idea how long will they be there for? 

it says till 15 feb!

The Power of Dreams!

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:03 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

it says till 15 feb!

wow that's quite long for a pasar malam. thought they usually move around various parts of SG. 

Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
PSA: Get car cam if you still have not done so...
PSA2: Apply for vCashcard...

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:02 PM

Scion
  • Scion
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Nowadays only food can sell well in pasar malams.

heard pasar malams nowadays rental is 7-10k, how to profit other than selling food?

handphone cases, t-shirts, etc all can be bought online liao, maybe even cheaper

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:03 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If have time will go and see see look look.  ^_^

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:14 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Went there last nite. Just your typical pasar malam.
Bought the kebab in the middle. Opt for the pita bread, but when paying, was told it was $5 instead of $4 for normal roll. Tasted bland. Won't buy again, not even their normal rolled kebab.
Also tried the philly cheese steak with hot dog. Very small for $7. And the cheese machiam those nacho cheese. Won't buy it again. Expensive dinner for $12 total.

Didn't try the Taiwanese Cheese potato. Queue is too long. Looks interesting. Next time will try this.

the last pasar malam ... bought these delicious looking roti john $6 ....

after eating, i tell you i won't even pay $2 for it  !! just like egg and bread .... no meat at all !!

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:18 PM

Baleno
  • Baleno
    4th Gear
    Author Image

after eating, i tell you i won't even pay $2 for it !! just like egg and bread .... no meat at all !!

Roti john is just oily & unhealthier version of our regular french toast.

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:20 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Roti john is just oily & unhealthier version of our regular french toast.

but if you were there and saw they way they made it, you would understand why more than 10 ppl in the que ...

but alas, when you finally get it and eat it, its another story liow ... 

Baleno praised this

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:25 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

after eating, i tell you i won't even pay $2 for it  !! just like egg and bread .... no meat at all !!

Pasar Malam food also getting more expensive.  :TT_TT:

1+(Small).jpg

Last time green tapioca cake only 3 for $1, now 5 for $2. 

1y1b3y.jpg

Dleodleo praised this

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:41 PM

Freeder
  • Premium member
    Freeder
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Dun ever never buy the otah..
Basically, all flour with minuscule traces of fish..
Spring, Uncle2 and Newbie26 praised this

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:41 PM

Colin03
  • Premium member
    Colin03
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi Dach,

is the rental that cause this rise in selling

Dleodleo and Mustank praised this

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:42 PM

Dleodleo
  • Premium member
    Dleodleo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Pasar Malam food also getting more expensive. :TT_TT:
1+(Small).jpg

Last time green tapioca cake only 3 for $1, now 5 for $2.
1y1b3y.jpg

This one I agree. tuktuk kueh also increased.

My favourite wadeh wadeh also. Used to be 3 for $2. I saw 3 for $3 at Boon Keng Pasar Malam.
Newbie26 praised this

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:45 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi Dach,

is the rental that cause this rise in selling

I believe so... 

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:49 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

This one I agree. tuktuk kueh also increased.

I will only buy if $2 for 5 pcs ...  so since the pasar malam all sell $2.50 now, i save my money !! don't eat wont die also.

Dleodleo praised this

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:05 PM

Dleodleo
  • Premium member
    Dleodleo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I'm here to share another bazaar, this time round for CNY! Happening at Punggol. I've been here once already last Saturday. Just like your regular pasar malam except with shops selling CNY decorations! Brought my mum to see see look look and buy some decor for the year of the dog. Skipped the food section as it was too crowded and we had dinner at Waterway already. If you wanna soak in the atmosphere though it's still a good place to visit and kill some time!

It's located just beside Waterway Point btw. The Punggol MRT. 

http://thesmartlocal...ggol-cny-bazaar

attachicon.gifcny.jpg

If you live nearby can consider going to the pasar malam on the last day.  Things will get cheaper. [laugh]

I always go to the pasar malam beside Hougang MRT on the last day to buy cheap CNY decor. [laugh] [laugh]

Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:37 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If you live nearby can consider going to the pasar malam on the last day.  Things will get cheaper. [laugh]

I always go to the pasar malam beside Hougang MRT on the last day to buy cheap CNY decor. [laugh] [laugh]

For some stuff if you go last day, might left little things to choose and buy.

Dleodleo praised this
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: chinese new year, pasar malam and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users