CNY Bazaar 2018 (Punggol)

ChaosMyth

Went to go to Chinatown take a walk to look see.

But after my friends look at the crowds in Chinatown at the overhead bridge, they say forget it.  [laugh]

post-180434-0-80035900-1518290022_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Went to go to Chinatown take a walk to look see.

But after my friends look at the crowds in Chinatown at the overhead bridge, they say forget it.  [laugh]

It like this in chinatown during the CNY period de. If you dont scare crowded, still can go take a walk to look see.

It like this in chinatown during the CNY period de. If you dont scare crowded, still can go take a walk to look see.

Nah, I'll skip the crowds.

from what I have been observing, it appears that business are not doing well this CNY ... you don't see that many pop up pasar malam or neighborhood makeshift stalls selling doing CNY business.

even the YES supermarket near my place this year also never set up the tent to sell their CNY stuffs.

I think they feel no need to fight with the big boys like NTUC or Giant  or SS ... as the pie is getting smaller .... better to cut losses instead.

from what I have been observing, it appears that business are not doing well this CNY ... you don't see that many pop up pasar malam or neighborhood makeshift stalls selling doing CNY business.

even the YES supermarket near my place this year also never set up the tent to sell their CNY stuffs.

I think they feel no need to fight with the big boys like NTUC or Giant  or SS ... as the pie is getting smaller .... better to cut losses instead.

True, if set up too many pasar malam selling CNY stuff would be supply over demand liao.

from what I have been observing, it appears that business are not doing well this CNY ... you don't see that many pop up pasar malam or neighborhood makeshift stalls selling doing CNY business.

I think they feel no need to fight with the big boys like NTUC or Giant or SS ... as the pie is getting smaller .... better to cut losses instead.

Even in shopping malls, there isn't much set ups in selling CNY goodies.

Those that set up don't see much crowds this year.

Even in shopping malls, there isn't much set ups in selling CNY goodies.

Those that set up don't see much crowds this year.

This year indeed quite quiet. But crowds still sighted at supermarket, like NTUC and Giant.

True, if set up too many pasar malam selling CNY stuff would be supply over demand liao.

sometimes I wonder why the seller must mark up so high and then end up with surplus ?

why don't they just sell at a small markup (cheaper than the big boys) and then sell more and make more.

rather than raise prices and end up selling less and left with unsold stock = break even ?

sometimes I wonder why the seller must mark up so high and then end up with surplus ?

why don't they just sell at a small markup (cheaper than the big boys) and then sell more and make more.

rather than raise prices and end up selling less and left with unsold stock = break even ?

Those seller will only sell cheap when it is nearer to CNY lo, or on the last 2 days before CNY eve.

i stay nearby...

no offense, i find the bazaar.. very boring..

more entertaining to the children, 

no for me  [laugh]

Yes I agree with you .... Basa malam always sell the same thing . So boring . 

I wish they got this :

post-59158-0-00185000-1518503855.jpg

:D  then become very happening 

• Praise 1

when demand is high, supply got to work more to produce the extra quantity. suppliers charging high also so the cost is passed to the consumers. 

when demand is high, supply got to work more to produce the extra quantity. suppliers charging high also so the cost is passed to the consumers. 

The rental for those stall also not cheap, thats why they have to sell high to cover cost.

The rental for those stall also not cheap, thats why they have to sell high to cover cost.

but will they be able to return the unsold stocks to the supplier ?

but apparently the demand is not that high this round ... and the sellers will be stuck with unsold stock ? or they can return to the supplier ?

I think a lot of demand channel online... anyway, i eat steamboat reunion, tang o was $10/kg, pork tenderloin no stock, fish also sibeh ex, and lim chee guan still long q as ever! The force is still strong !

It show that you will never be a successful hawker.

Sell high generally mean good/stuff come with better quality/taste

Cheap cheap stuffs who would want to buy making a trip down to Chinatown. The most important factor. Is the OC that make the purchasing decision. Hubby stand one side.

Edited by Kopites

Wait police all come and æ«é» then the pasar malams can early close shop liao.

Very easy

Just get AMDL to sell

When 扫黄队 come, you can tell them: 警官这没黄啊只有白 :XD:

• Praise 2

Very easy

Just get AMDL to sell

When æ«é»é come, you can tell them: è­¦å®è¿æ²¡é»ååªæç½ :XD:

Still catch or ask them to leave because it's immoral.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1