• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
18 replies to this topic | 34 praises

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:58 PM

radiant00
  • radiant00
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys,

I am getting a car from a local AD, and I am about to make the payment tomorrow. I was told that I could do an inter-bank transfer instead of cheque/cashier's order, is this a standard practice?

Just want to avoid any possible traps.

Thanks,

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:08 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i have done IB transfer before, but not for downpayment, for which i used a cheque. btw my dealer was a PI. should not be a problem. 

however if you are not comfortable with it, can always go back to using cheque/cashier's order. 

Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
"Thank you for participating in the kdash social experiment."

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:26 PM

radiant00
  • radiant00
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Thanks for the answer!

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:59 PM

UncleAtas
  • Premium member
    UncleAtas
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Maybe can try 10cent coins..

Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:38 AM

Si4dr
  • Premium member
    Si4dr
    6th Gear
    Author Image

IB got record and trace-able but problem is how you know that's AD account not salesperson's?

Beregond praised this

Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:42 PM

radiant00
  • radiant00
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

IB got record and trace-able but problem is how you know that's AD account not salesperson's?

This was exactly what I worried about yesterday. But I eventually decided to go with IB before I personally going down to sign the final Sales Agreement. It appeared to go well right now.

It is more about trust of your sales person I think.

Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:44 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Use cheque and cashier order safer.

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:52 PM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Hi guys,

I am getting a car from a local AD, and I am about to make the payment tomorrow. I was told that I could do an inter-bank transfer instead of cheque/cashier's order, is this a standard practice?

Just want to avoid any possible traps.

Thanks,

use credit card. In turn, the points can be converted to air miles and petrol voucher 

Discoburg praised this

Posted 27 January 2018 - 07:17 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

ask for company's bank account details on company letterhead with authorised signatory.

Discoburg praised this

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:55 AM

radiant00
  • radiant00
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

use credit card. In turn, the points can be converted to air miles and petrol voucher 

Thanks, maybe I should have put myself more clearly in first place.

I have already made a $10k deposit with my credit card and that is the maximum amount allowed. I subsequently made another XXk for the balance payment, via IB transfer. It is so far so good as I already got my final sales agreement with the official receipt number for both 10K and xxK payment.

I think it is considered as mostly safe when you are dealing with AD. Not sure about PI though.

Anyway, thank you for the advice. And thanks to all.

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:17 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just ask to use cashiers order la. Why risk it?

That is all.

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:43 AM

radiant00
  • radiant00
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Just to draw a conclusion to this topic :) I already got my car, everything's good.

Thanks all for the advice, and I agree with you that cheque/cashier's order is better/safer option, especially when dealing with someone you don't have 100%% trust.

Discoburg and t0y0ta praised this

Posted 09 March 2018 - 09:47 PM

freztoknow
  • freztoknow
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

err how you do the IB?

just use FAST transfer?

Posted 10 March 2018 - 07:06 PM

Chucky2007
  • Premium member
    Chucky2007
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

FAST transfer can do up to 100k each day Which I’m sure. Or 200k?
有❤️就好👌
多做少说,多听👂少讲
做人吃点亏,莫占人便宜

Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:43 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

FAST transfer can do up to 100k each day Which Iâm sure. Or 200k?

i think limit is 50k?
Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
"Thank you for participating in the kdash social experiment."

Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:56 PM

Cheesey74
  • Premium member
    Cheesey74
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Nope, FAST limit increased to 200k since Feb 2018.

kdash praised this
BSS "From Each His Best"

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:31 PM

Chucky2007
  • Premium member
    Chucky2007
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i think limit is 50k?

Daily limit is $250,000 for local bank transfer for POSB

Attached Thumbnails

• 1D415D7B-2370-40F3-B6AB-058D04761524.png

kdash and Sdf4786k praised this
有❤️就好👌
多做少说,多听👂少讲
做人吃点亏,莫占人便宜

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:35 AM

ntuc2018
  • ntuc2018
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I usually use cheque for downpayment. Some of my friends they said some companies allow credit card. Dunno real or not.

Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:24 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I usually use cheque for downpayment. Some of my friends they said some companies allow credit card. Dunno real or not.

Can but depends on your credit limit.
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: payment, transfer, interbank and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users